DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 30-Aug-2006
|Meeting Title:||TM Committer Phone Meeting|
|Date & Time:||Wednesday Aug 30, 2006 at 8.30am Rochester / 9.30am Toronto / 2.30pm London / 3.30pm Salzburg|
|Dial-in:|| Martin to start a Skype conference - you'll be called:|
Skype martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal_munir, javier.montalvoorus
Fixed-line fallback dial-in:
- International +1 314-655-1411
- North America +1 877-422-0035 (toll free)
- Passcode: 764918
- IBM - Dave Dykstal, Dave McKnight, Kushal Munir
- (Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orús - vacation)
- Wind River - Martin Oberhuber
- Our top goals
- Grow the Communities - active users and adopters --> tutorial, docs, mailinglist help
- Get the APIs Right --> enable public API discussion --> ISV docs, Wiki API discussion, [api] bugzilla's
- Get our Processes in place --> JUnit, nightly builds, infocenter, update site
- Latest News
- Martin -- compiler warnings, extension point cleanup (*.exsd doc), scheduled release review
- DaveD --
- DaveM --
- Kushal --
- Javier -- vacation
- Other News --
- Upcoming Work
- M4 bugs: PLEASE REVIEW M4 BUGS!!
- Inbox: REVIEW Assigned to Inbox
- Compiler Warnings: See Committer Howto
- Currently 484 Java warnings + 642 Javadoc warnings (Martin already fixed about 150 + 250)
- Find bugs, Increase contributor confidence, Improve code readability, Fix javadoc
- Dont chase the warnings (yet) but fix them while you are working: You can apply a filter in the Problems view if you want, e.g. "don't show String Javadoc:"
- No more checkins of code with warnings (may be checked automatically in the future)
- Be careful when fixing warnings: assume side effects of method calls!
- Code Ownership:
- It is beneficial to have clear ownership and responsibility
- External contributors can also be owners, but have an associated committer as well
- See (and edit) DSDP/TM/Code Ownership
- Features: Jakarta-commons, JUnit-framework, Discovery, EFS-Experimental, WR-Terminal (bug 152826)
- Refactorings: This week we should really be done!
- Subsystem Factory vs. Configuration: Going with Configuration for now, Martin started renaming *factory where he found it while working on compiler warnings.
- Kushal IConnectorService
- Kushal passwordPersistence
- API Things
- Martin did some minor extension point cleanup (rename), see build notes of N-builds
- Service Error Reporting - bug 149472 - DaveD - API ok so far, final resolution? --> Create new different bug id for that one.
- Parallel Services - bug 142478 all queries in background - DaveM
- SystemRegistry.createHost for Javier
- Making stuff internal - ssh, ftp: Martin; Core: List of candidates from DaveD?
- Obsolete API that's in the Platform now --> See RSE 2.0 Planning page
- Kushal to investigate rseConfigDefaults
- Cleanup: API Doc (duplicates in interface and implementation!), JUnit tests, Context help, Test Plans, RSE-7-migration-docs, Copyrights, licenses
- Bug Work - please observe priorities
- Legal: JUnit (next monday?); Jakarta-commons (deferred!); WR Terminalview (passed!)
- Other items
- Tutorial: Update at the end of the release process, change instructions (re-use example code: We dont want to teach PDE)
- Manual test plans - in work by Martin
- EFS Experimental feature to be created by Martin
- Free discussion -- feelings, comments, critics
- Want to do a committer call next week in addition to the open call?
- Last Meeting Action Items
- DaveD - JUnit, Review bugs assigned to M4, Checkin mappings.csv, New bug for moving DTD, Send "Team" test plans to Martin. SystemRegistry API. Team fixes: Check collapsing persistence Properties nodes to fewer files. Compile a list of suggestions for making classes / packages internal.
- DaveM - bug fixing by priority; look at Kushal's bugs and assign yourself; get rid of Service calls on UI thread; hygiene changes
- Kushal - Review bugs assigned to M4, refactoring IConnectorService / Persistence provider (send out proposal); send file encoding test resources to martin; review & get rid of rseConfigDefaults; talk to Don about persistenceProvider; bug fixing
- Martin - EFS feature, Add Discovery, Build scripts, Manual test plan, API Review, Jakarta-commons, WR-terminalview; Review if IShellService is sufficient for terminal
- Javier - vacation; hook up with Scott Lewis once SD is committed
- Everyone - List obsolete API on RSE 2.0 Planning page