Difference between revisions of "DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 30-Apr-2008"

From Eclipsepedia

< DSDP‎ | TM
Jump to: navigation, search
(Committer Status and Report)
Line 14: Line 14:
 
MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.<br/>
 
MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.<br/>
 
'''Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call.''' MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.<br/>  
 
'''Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call.''' MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.<br/>  
Skype dial-in: '''martin.oberhuber''', ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kevin.j.doyle, xuan.chen886, rupen.mardirossian, javier.montalvoorus, eugenetarassov, michael_scharf, uwe.stieber, radoslav.gerganov.<br/>
+
Skype dial-in: '''martin.oberhuber''', ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kevin.j.doyle, xuan.chen886, rupen.mardirossian, javier.montalvoorus, eugenetarassov, michael_scharf, uwe.stieber, radoslav.gerganov, wrsfburton.<br/>
  
== Invited Attendees ==
+
== Attendees ==
* IBM - Xuan Chen, Dave McKnight, Dave Dykstal, Rupen Mardirossian, Kevin Doyle
+
* IBM - Dave McKnight, Dave Dykstal, Rupen Mardirossian, (Kevin Doyle n/a), (Xuan Chen n/a)
* Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Michael Scharf, Uwe Stieber, Eugene Tarassov, Felix Burton
+
* Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Felix Burton, (Michael Scharf n/a), (Uwe Stieber n/a), (Eugene Tarassov n/a)
* Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orus
+
* (Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orus n/a)
* Private - Radoslav Gerganov
+
* ProSyst - Radoslav Gerganov
  
 
This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).
 
This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).
Line 27: Line 27:
 
* Last meeting: [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 16-Apr-2008]]
 
* Last meeting: [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 16-Apr-2008]]
 
* '''Skype Call Quality'''
 
* '''Skype Call Quality'''
 +
** Bad this time, as soon as more than 3 participants. Martin had started the conf via ADSL from home, limited bandwidth was likely the reason -- looks like the meeting organizer needs lots of bandwidth. Fell back to fixed line, Rado used Skype into the 800 conf number successfully.
  
 
=== '''New Stuff''' ===
 
=== '''New Stuff''' ===
* Welcome new Committers
+
* Welcome new Committers - '''Felix''', '''Rado'''
* [[DSDP/TM/3.0 Ramp down Plan for Ganymede]]
+
* [[DSDP/TM/3.0 Ramp down Plan for Ganymede]] - '''AI Everyone''' Review again and comment on dsdp-tm-dev if any questions.
 
* Committers be bold and self-confident
 
* Committers be bold and self-confident
* IP due diligence: "contributed" keyword and tm-log.csv; target milestone
+
* IP due diligence: "contributed" keyword and tm-log.csv; target milestone - '''AI DaveD''' update tm-log.csv for rupe. '''AI DaveM''' add contributed kwd.
* Javadoc API Tooling API Comments (@noextend and friends) - {{Bug|227368}}, [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=225529#c6 bug 225529 comment 4] and [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=225529#c6 bug 225529 comment 6]
+
* Javadoc API Tooling API Comments (@noextend and friends) - {{Bug|227368}}, [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=225529#c6 bug 225529 comment 4] and [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=225529#c6 bug 225529 comment 6] - '''AI Martin''' Extract Eclipse SDK onto dsdp.eclipse.org and post the link; '''AI Martin''' post where to find textual paragraph form "method extend" variant.
 
* {{Bug|227213}} Folder duplication by dragging to parent folder - "Duplicate Of" or Rename? - Need consensus and Owner
 
* {{Bug|227213}} Folder duplication by dragging to parent folder - "Duplicate Of" or Rename? - Need consensus and Owner
 
** Rupen: automatically do "Copy of" because in case of multiselect, users would get n dialogs asking for rename/overwrite
 
** Rupen: automatically do "Copy of" because in case of multiselect, users would get n dialogs asking for rename/overwrite
 
** Martin: Should try to auto-select the generated copies such that users can delete easily in case the copy happened unintentionally
 
** Martin: Should try to auto-select the generated copies such that users can delete easily in case the copy happened unintentionally
 
** DaveM: Be Consistent with Eclipse Workspace ("Copy of")
 
** DaveM: Be Consistent with Eclipse Workspace ("Copy of")
 +
** '''Decision to use "Copy of" approach. Rupen has a working prototype. '''AI Rupen''' attach patch
 
* [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&product=Target+Management&keywords_type=allwords&keywords=pii&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&cmdtype=doit PII Bugs] till May 8
 
* [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&product=Target+Management&keywords_type=allwords&keywords=pii&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&cmdtype=doit PII Bugs] till May 8
 
* Hi-pri-bugs; community contributions; apply [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&cmdtype=doit&field0-0-0=attachments.ispatch&type0-0-0=equals&value0-0-0=1 patches] (see also the [http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm/development/bug_process.php Bug Process Page] for a query)
 
* Hi-pri-bugs; community contributions; apply [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&cmdtype=doit&field0-0-0=attachments.ispatch&type0-0-0=equals&value0-0-0=1 patches] (see also the [http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm/development/bug_process.php Bug Process Page] for a query)
 +
** '''AI Martin''' mark Rado's bug fixed
  
 
=== Committer Status and Report ===
 
=== Committer Status and Report ===
* '''Javier''' - New Employer in Barcelona
 
 
* '''DaveD''' -  
 
* '''DaveD''' -  
 
** {{bug|189274}} Import/export connections - this enhancement is finished, but may need some tweaking as it is used.
 
** {{bug|189274}} Import/export connections - this enhancement is finished, but may need some tweaking as it is used.
 
** {{bug|226561}} Should finish up with marking today. Will then pass bug report to someone else.
 
** {{bug|226561}} Should finish up with marking today. Will then pass bug report to someone else.
 
* '''DaveM:''' -  
 
* '''DaveM:''' -  
** JUnit should autotest dstore against old servers as well - an IBM thing
+
* '''Martin:''' - GSoC student Takuya Miyamoto for {{Bug|185925}}
* '''Kevin:''' -
+
* '''Xuan:''' -
+
* '''Martin:''' - {{bug|215301}} New project plan format -- Need to put Project Plan on the Web; '''AI Martin''' written ramp-down plan; Update Releng scripts to automatically run unit tests at night
+
** JSch-0.1.37 done in Platform M6, Commons.Net 1.5.0 not yet released - '''AI Martin''' create placeholder CQ
+
** Next tasks - Move SubsystemConfiguration implementation into non-UI; Lazy loading of SubsystemConfiguration (use the Proxy more); Lazy loading of UI adapters; some exceptions observed by Uwe (Wind River) in our nightly wheels
+
** {{Bug|221190}} EFS getChild() with relative path - perhaps need to check whether our impl still works properly
+
** GSoC student Takuya Miyamoto for {{Bug|185925}}
+
* '''Uwe:''' -
+
 
* '''Rupen:''' -  
 
* '''Rupen:''' -  
* '''Michael:''' -
 
* '''Eugene:''' -
 
 
* '''Rado:''' -
 
* '''Rado:''' -
 +
* '''Felix:''' -
 
* '''Questions'''
 
* '''Questions'''
 
=== Future and Planning ===
 
* '''Planning''' - '''AI Martin''' to write up what we discussed in Toronto
 
** Think about assigning bugs to target milestones. What goes into 3.0 and what not? - DaveD Mylyn is nice for bug review!
 
** {{Bug|215301}} New Standard Project Plan Format
 
* TM Website
 
** '''AI Kevin''' follow up on his website proposals
 
 
=== '''Old Stuff'''
 
* '''Unit Tests''' - next priority after API
 
* Migrating to new Releng on dsdp.eclipse.org (adopt P2, nightly tests, signing etc)
 
* Finalizing all features for M7 Feature Freeze
 
* {{Bug|221211}} MultiStatus for IFileService batch operations - exception on first failure for modifying operations. No exceptions/multistatus on non-modifying operations. '''AI DaveD/DaveM''' update Javadocs when it's clear what we want
 
* {{Bug|220379}} Make DStoreFileService API - encodingHandler - wait on reporter - is this fixed now that IService is IAdaptable as per {{bug|226262}}? '''AI DaveM''' ask reporters
 
* {{Bug|220547}} SimpleSystemMessage message ID - globally unique message id vs. plugin-local status - Dialog Title: MessageID if globally unique / generic title based on severity if plugin-local - '''AI DaveM''' think about
 
  
 
* '''Bugzilla''':  
 
* '''Bugzilla''':  
 
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_severity=blocker&bug_severity=critical&bug_severity=major&cmdtype=doit Severity Major], [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&cmdtype=doit&field0-0-0=priority&type0-0-0=regexp&value0-0-0=P%5B12%5D&field0-0-1=bug_severity&type0-0-1=regexp&value0-0-1=blocker%7Ccritical%7Cmajor hi-priority]
 
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_severity=blocker&bug_severity=critical&bug_severity=major&cmdtype=doit Severity Major], [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&cmdtype=doit&field0-0-0=priority&type0-0-0=regexp&value0-0-0=P%5B12%5D&field0-0-1=bug_severity&type0-0-1=regexp&value0-0-1=blocker%7Ccritical%7Cmajor hi-priority]
 
* '''Quality, Backlog and Unit Tests'''
 
** Remember our 2-fix-per-week / 3 unittests-per-milestone plan
 
** Since our [[DSDP/TM/Face-to-face Meeting Toronto 17-Sep-2007]] it's now 31 weeks / 5 milestones, so each committer is due 62 fixes / 10 unittests
 
** Current situation is on [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/report.cgi?x_axis_field=&y_axis_field=assigned_to&z_axis_field=&query_format=report-table&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=RESOLVED&bug_status=VERIFIED&bug_status=CLOSED&chfieldfrom=2007-09-17&chfieldto=Now&chfield=bug_status&chfieldvalue=RESOLVED&format=table&action=wrap&negate0=1&field0-0-0=resolution&type0-0-0=equals&value0-0-0=DUPLICATE this bugzilla report]
 
** Unittests: when adding a test, please add the tag '''//-test-author:YourName''' in front of it
 
*** DaveM - 5
 
*** DaveD - 22
 
*** KevinD - 11
 
*** MartinO - 3
 
*** TobiasS - 3
 
*** UweS - 7
 
*** XuanC - 51
 
*** '''Total - 101'''
 
*** Javier - 0
 
  
 
== Vacation, away ==  
 
== Vacation, away ==  
Line 104: Line 67:
 
== Action Items ==
 
== Action Items ==
 
* [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 9-Apr-2008#Action_Items|Last Meeting]] Action Items
 
* [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 9-Apr-2008#Action_Items|Last Meeting]] Action Items
* '''Everyone''': '''Fix PII Issues'''; '''Add @noextend etc''' according to [[DSDP/TM/Code Ownership]] table
+
* '''Everyone''': '''Fix PII Issues'''; '''Add @noextend etc''' according to [[DSDP/TM/Code Ownership]] table; Review [[DSDP/TM/3.0 Ramp down Plan for Ganymede]]
* '''Rupen''':  
+
* '''Rupen''': Attach prototype patch for {{bug|227213}}
* '''DaveD''': Merge Rupens patches; Finish profile import/export; Update {{bug|221211}} IFileService multi-commands Javadoc
+
* '''DaveD''': Merge Rupens patches; Update {{bug|221211}} IFileService multi-commands Javadoc
* '''DaveM''': Create bugs for 2 reported issues; contact IBM teams for {{bug|220379}} DStoreFileService API; think about {{bug|216252}} SystemMessages global vs. local message ID; create a new "Future" bug for dstore protocol handshake, cloned from {{bug|220892}}
+
* '''DaveM''': create a new "Future" bug for dstore protocol handshake, cloned from {{bug|220892}}
 
* '''Xuan''': Upgrade Skype to fix quality issues; Use Kevin's Properties for Unit Tests
 
* '''Xuan''': Upgrade Skype to fix quality issues; Use Kevin's Properties for Unit Tests
 
* '''Kevin''': Website Updates
 
* '''Kevin''': Website Updates
* '''Martin''': New Project Plan; Ganymede Rampdown Plan; Commons Net Placeholder CQ; UI/Non-UI Splitting; finish new releng; Look at PropertyDescriptor issues; unit tests
+
* '''Martin''': New Project Plan; Commons Net Placeholder CQ; UI/Non-UI Splitting; finish new releng; Look at PropertyDescriptor issues; unit tests
 
* '''Javier''': add unit tests; document the Symbian internal test setup similar to [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=204138#c20 CVS] -- see also [[CVS_Development#Testing]]
 
* '''Javier''': add unit tests; document the Symbian internal test setup similar to [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=204138#c20 CVS] -- see also [[CVS_Development#Testing]]
 
* '''Michael''': Terminal improvements
 
* '''Michael''': Terminal improvements
* '''Uwe''': Add @noextend / @noimplement to New Connection Wizard where appropriate
+
* '''Uwe''':  
  
 
== Next Meeting ==
 
== Next Meeting ==

Revision as of 13:06, 30 April 2008

Meeting Title: TM Committer Phone Meeting
Date & Time: Wednesday Apr 30, 2008 at 1500 UTC / 0800 SFO / 1000 Rochester / 1100 Toronto / 1600 London / 1700 Barcelona+Salzburg
Dial-in: Martin to call everybody by Skype

Backup dial-in: International +44 (0)1452 567588 / Freephone +1 (866) 6161738 / UK 08712460713 / Passcode: 0587322148 #

MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.
Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call. MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.
Skype dial-in: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kevin.j.doyle, xuan.chen886, rupen.mardirossian, javier.montalvoorus, eugenetarassov, michael_scharf, uwe.stieber, radoslav.gerganov, wrsfburton.

Contents

Attendees

  • IBM - Dave McKnight, Dave Dykstal, Rupen Mardirossian, (Kevin Doyle n/a), (Xuan Chen n/a)
  • Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Felix Burton, (Michael Scharf n/a), (Uwe Stieber n/a), (Eugene Tarassov n/a)
  • (Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orus n/a)
  • ProSyst - Radoslav Gerganov

This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).

Agenda

  • Last meeting: DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 16-Apr-2008
  • Skype Call Quality
    • Bad this time, as soon as more than 3 participants. Martin had started the conf via ADSL from home, limited bandwidth was likely the reason -- looks like the meeting organizer needs lots of bandwidth. Fell back to fixed line, Rado used Skype into the 800 conf number successfully.

New Stuff

  • Welcome new Committers - Felix, Rado
  • DSDP/TM/3.0 Ramp down Plan for Ganymede - AI Everyone Review again and comment on dsdp-tm-dev if any questions.
  • Committers be bold and self-confident
  • IP due diligence: "contributed" keyword and tm-log.csv; target milestone - AI DaveD update tm-log.csv for rupe. AI DaveM add contributed kwd.
  • Javadoc API Tooling API Comments (@noextend and friends) - bug 227368, bug 225529 comment 4 and bug 225529 comment 6 - AI Martin Extract Eclipse SDK onto dsdp.eclipse.org and post the link; AI Martin post where to find textual paragraph form "method extend" variant.
  • bug 227213 Folder duplication by dragging to parent folder - "Duplicate Of" or Rename? - Need consensus and Owner
    • Rupen: automatically do "Copy of" because in case of multiselect, users would get n dialogs asking for rename/overwrite
    • Martin: Should try to auto-select the generated copies such that users can delete easily in case the copy happened unintentionally
    • DaveM: Be Consistent with Eclipse Workspace ("Copy of")
    • Decision to use "Copy of" approach. Rupen has a working prototype. AI Rupen attach patch
  • PII Bugs till May 8
  • Hi-pri-bugs; community contributions; apply patches (see also the Bug Process Page for a query)
    • AI Martin mark Rado's bug fixed

Committer Status and Report

  • DaveD -
    • bug 189274 Import/export connections - this enhancement is finished, but may need some tweaking as it is used.
    • bug 226561 Should finish up with marking today. Will then pass bug report to someone else.
  • DaveM: -
  • Martin: - GSoC student Takuya Miyamoto for bug 185925
  • Rupen: -
  • Rado: -
  • Felix: -
  • Questions

Vacation, away

  • MartinO public holiday Thurs May 1; in Ottawa for E4/Summit May 22-23 .. want to meet in Toronto?
  • Rupen May 8-15
  • MartinO vacation June 11 - 22
  • DaveM vacation June 16 - 20
  • DaveD in July -- AI Martin finish and test the new Build scripts on dsdp.eclipse.org till then

Action Items

  • Last Meeting Action Items
  • Everyone: Fix PII Issues; Add @noextend etc according to DSDP/TM/Code Ownership table; Review DSDP/TM/3.0 Ramp down Plan for Ganymede
  • Rupen: Attach prototype patch for bug 227213
  • DaveD: Merge Rupens patches; Update bug 221211 IFileService multi-commands Javadoc
  • DaveM: create a new "Future" bug for dstore protocol handshake, cloned from bug 220892
  • Xuan: Upgrade Skype to fix quality issues; Use Kevin's Properties for Unit Tests
  • Kevin: Website Updates
  • Martin: New Project Plan; Commons Net Placeholder CQ; UI/Non-UI Splitting; finish new releng; Look at PropertyDescriptor issues; unit tests
  • Javier: add unit tests; document the Symbian internal test setup similar to CVS -- see also CVS_Development#Testing
  • Michael: Terminal improvements
  • Uwe:

Next Meeting