Difference between revisions of "DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 30-Apr-2008"

From Eclipsepedia

< DSDP‎ | TM
Jump to: navigation, search
Line 4: Line 4:
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Date & Time:  
 
| Date & Time:  
| Wednesday [[Apr 23, 2008]] at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2008&month=4&day=23&hour=15&min=00&sec=0&p1=224&p2=159&p3=250&p4=136&p5=223&iv=1800 1500 UTC / 0800 SFO / 1000 Rochester / 1100 Toronto / 1600 London / 1700 Salzburg]
+
| Wednesday [[Apr 30, 2008]] at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2008&month=4&day=30&hour=15&min=00&sec=0&p1=224&p2=159&p3=250&p4=136&p5=223&iv=1800 1500 UTC / 0800 SFO / 1000 Rochester / 1100 Toronto / 1600 London / 1700 Salzburg]
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Dial-in:
 
| Dial-in:
Line 14: Line 14:
 
MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.<br/>
 
MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.<br/>
 
'''Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call.''' MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.<br/>  
 
'''Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call.''' MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.<br/>  
Skype dial-in: '''martin.oberhuber''', ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, kevin.j.doyle, xuan.chen886, rupen.mardirossian, javier.montalvoorus, eugenetarassov, tedatteddotnet, michael_scharf, and uwe.stieber.<br/>
+
Skype dial-in: '''martin.oberhuber''', ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kevin.j.doyle, xuan.chen886, rupen.mardirossian, javier.montalvoorus, eugenetarassov, michael_scharf, uwe.stieber, radoslav.gerganov.<br/>
  
 
== Invited Attendees ==
 
== Invited Attendees ==
Line 20: Line 20:
 
* Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Michael Scharf, Uwe Stieber, Eugene Tarassov
 
* Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Michael Scharf, Uwe Stieber, Eugene Tarassov
 
* Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orus
 
* Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orus
 +
* Private - Radoslav Gerganov
  
 
This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).
 
This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).
  
 
== Agenda ==
 
== Agenda ==
* Last meeting: [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 9-Apr-2008]]
+
* Last meeting: [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 16-Apr-2008]]
 
* '''Skype Call Quality'''
 
* '''Skype Call Quality'''
  
Line 74: Line 75:
 
* '''Rupen:''' -  
 
* '''Rupen:''' -  
 
* '''Michael:''' -  
 
* '''Michael:''' -  
 +
* '''Eugene:''' -
 +
* '''Rado:''' -
 
* '''Questions'''
 
* '''Questions'''
  
Line 84: Line 87:
  
 
== Vacation, away ==  
 
== Vacation, away ==  
 +
* MartinO in Ottawa for [[E4/Summit]] May 22-23 .. want to meet in Toronto?
 +
* MartinO vacation June 11 - 22
 
* DaveM vacation June 16 - 20
 
* DaveM vacation June 16 - 20
 
* DaveD in July -- '''AI Martin''' finish and test the new Build scripts on dsdp.eclipse.org till then
 
* DaveD in July -- '''AI Martin''' finish and test the new Build scripts on dsdp.eclipse.org till then
* MartinO vacation June 11 - 22
 
  
 
== Action Items ==
 
== Action Items ==
 
* [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 9-Apr-2008#Action_Items|Last Meeting]] Action Items
 
* [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 9-Apr-2008#Action_Items|Last Meeting]] Action Items
* '''Everyone''':
+
* '''Everyone''': '''Fix PII Issues'''; '''Add @noextend etc''' according to [[DSDP/TM/Code Ownership]] table
 
* '''Rupen''':  
 
* '''Rupen''':  
* '''DaveD''': Finish profile import/export; Update {{bug|221211}} IFileService multi-commands Javadoc
+
* '''DaveD''': Merge Rupens patches; Finish profile import/export; Update {{bug|221211}} IFileService multi-commands Javadoc
* '''DaveM''': contact IBM teams for {{bug|220379}} DStoreFileService API; think about {{bug|216252}} SystemMessages global vs. local message ID; create a new "Future" bug for dstore protocol handshake, cloned from {{bug|220892}}
+
* '''DaveM''': Create bugs for 2 reported issues; contact IBM teams for {{bug|220379}} DStoreFileService API; think about {{bug|216252}} SystemMessages global vs. local message ID; create a new "Future" bug for dstore protocol handshake, cloned from {{bug|220892}}
* '''Xuan''': Use Kevin's Properties for Unit Tests
+
* '''Xuan''': Upgrade Skype to fix quality issues; Use Kevin's Properties for Unit Tests
 
* '''Kevin''': Website Updates
 
* '''Kevin''': Website Updates
 
* '''Martin''': New Project Plan; Ganymede Rampdown Plan; Commons Net Placeholder CQ; UI/Non-UI Splitting; finish new releng; Look at PropertyDescriptor issues; unit tests
 
* '''Martin''': New Project Plan; Ganymede Rampdown Plan; Commons Net Placeholder CQ; UI/Non-UI Splitting; finish new releng; Look at PropertyDescriptor issues; unit tests
 
* '''Javier''': add unit tests; document the Symbian internal test setup similar to [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=204138#c20 CVS] -- see also [[CVS_Development#Testing]]
 
* '''Javier''': add unit tests; document the Symbian internal test setup similar to [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=204138#c20 CVS] -- see also [[CVS_Development#Testing]]
 
* '''Michael''': Terminal improvements
 
* '''Michael''': Terminal improvements
 +
* '''Uwe''': Add @noextend / @noimplement to New Connection Wizard where appropriate
  
 
== Next Meeting ==
 
== Next Meeting ==
* Next [[BugDay/April_2008]] on Apr 25
 
 
* Monthly [[DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 7-May-2008]] at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=5&day=7&year=2008&hour=16&min=00&sec=0&p1=0 9am PST / 1600 UTC]
 
* Monthly [[DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 7-May-2008]] at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=5&day=7&year=2008&hour=16&min=00&sec=0&p1=0 9am PST / 1600 UTC]
* [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 7-May-2008]] (2 weeks) at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2008&month=5&day=7&hour=15&min=00&sec=0&p1=224&p2=159&p3=250&p4=136&p5=223&iv=1800 1500 UTC / 0800 SFO / 1000 Rochester / 1100 Toronto / 1600 London / 1700 Salzburg]
+
* [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 14-May-2008]] (2 weeks) at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2008&month=5&day=14&hour=15&min=00&sec=0&p1=224&p2=159&p3=250&p4=136&p5=223&iv=1800 1500 UTC / 0800 SFO / 1000 Rochester / 1100 Toronto / 1600 London / 1700 Salzburg]
  
 
[[Category:DSDP/TM]]
 
[[Category:DSDP/TM]]

Revision as of 15:18, 16 April 2008

Meeting Title: TM Committer Phone Meeting
Date & Time: Wednesday Apr 30, 2008 at 1500 UTC / 0800 SFO / 1000 Rochester / 1100 Toronto / 1600 London / 1700 Salzburg
Dial-in: Martin to call everybody by Skype

Backup dial-in: International +44 (0)1452 567588 / Freephone +1 (866) 6161738 / UK 08712460713 / Passcode: 0587322148 #

MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.
Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call. MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.
Skype dial-in: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kevin.j.doyle, xuan.chen886, rupen.mardirossian, javier.montalvoorus, eugenetarassov, michael_scharf, uwe.stieber, radoslav.gerganov.

Contents

Invited Attendees

  • IBM - Xuan Chen, Dave McKnight, Dave Dykstal, Rupen Mardirossian, Kevin Doyle
  • Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Michael Scharf, Uwe Stieber, Eugene Tarassov
  • Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orus
  • Private - Radoslav Gerganov

This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).

Agenda

Current Focus

  • Unit Tests - next priority after API
  • Migrating to new Releng on dsdp.eclipse.org (adopt P2, nightly tests, signing etc)
  • Finalizing all features for M7 Feature Freeze
  • Hi-pri-bugs; community contributions; apply patches
    • bug 170910 RSE Terminal Integration - Montavista Contribution pending this friday for API change to allow Streams API for IHostShell
    • See the Bug Process Page for a query for open bugs with patches attached

Bug Discussions

  • bug 221211 MultiStatus for IFileService batch operations - exception on first failure for modifying operations. No exceptions/multistatus on non-modifying operations. AI DaveD/DaveM update Javadocs when it's clear what we want
  • bug 220379 Make DStoreFileService API - encodingHandler - wait on reporter - is this fixed now that IService is IAdaptable as per bug 226262? AI DaveM ask reporters
  • bug 220547 SimpleSystemMessage message ID - globally unique message id vs. plugin-local status - Dialog Title: MessageID if globally unique / generic title based on severity if plugin-local - AI DaveM think about
  • Quality, Backlog and Unit Tests
    • Remember our 2-fix-per-week / 3 unittests-per-milestone plan
    • Since our DSDP/TM/Face-to-face Meeting Toronto 17-Sep-2007 it's now 31 weeks / 5 milestones, so each committer is due 62 fixes / 10 unittests
    • Current situation is on this bugzilla report
    • Unittests: when adding a test, please add the tag //-test-author:YourName in front of it
      • DaveM - 5
      • DaveD - 22
      • KevinD - 11
      • MartinO - 3
      • TobiasS - 3
      • UweS - 7
      • XuanC - 51
      • Total - 101
      • Javier - 0

Committer Status and Report

  • Javier - New Employer in Barcelona
  • DaveD -
  • DaveM: -
    • JUnit should autotest dstore against old servers as well - an IBM thing
  • Kevin: -
  • Xuan: -
  • Martin: - bug 215301 New project plan format -- Need to put Project Plan on the Web; AI Martin written ramp-down plan; Update Releng scripts to automatically run unit tests at night
    • JSch-0.1.37 done in Platform M6, Commons.Net 1.5.0 not yet released - AI Martin create placeholder CQ
    • Next tasks - Move SubsystemConfiguration implementation into non-UI; Lazy loading of SubsystemConfiguration (use the Proxy more); Lazy loading of UI adapters; some exceptions observed by Uwe (Wind River) in our nightly wheels
    • bug 221190 EFS getChild() with relative path - perhaps need to check whether our impl still works properly
    • GSoC student Takuya Miyamoto for bug 185925
  • Uwe: -
  • Rupen: -
  • Michael: -
  • Eugene: -
  • Rado: -
  • Questions

Future and Planning

  • Planning - AI Martin to write up what we discussed in Toronto
    • Think about assigning bugs to target milestones. What goes into 3.0 and what not? - DaveD Mylyn is nice for bug review!
    • bug 215301 New Standard Project Plan Format
  • TM Website
    • AI Kevin follow up on his website proposals

Vacation, away

  • MartinO in Ottawa for E4/Summit May 22-23 .. want to meet in Toronto?
  • MartinO vacation June 11 - 22
  • DaveM vacation June 16 - 20
  • DaveD in July -- AI Martin finish and test the new Build scripts on dsdp.eclipse.org till then

Action Items

  • Last Meeting Action Items
  • Everyone: Fix PII Issues; Add @noextend etc according to DSDP/TM/Code Ownership table
  • Rupen:
  • DaveD: Merge Rupens patches; Finish profile import/export; Update bug 221211 IFileService multi-commands Javadoc
  • DaveM: Create bugs for 2 reported issues; contact IBM teams for bug 220379 DStoreFileService API; think about bug 216252 SystemMessages global vs. local message ID; create a new "Future" bug for dstore protocol handshake, cloned from bug 220892
  • Xuan: Upgrade Skype to fix quality issues; Use Kevin's Properties for Unit Tests
  • Kevin: Website Updates
  • Martin: New Project Plan; Ganymede Rampdown Plan; Commons Net Placeholder CQ; UI/Non-UI Splitting; finish new releng; Look at PropertyDescriptor issues; unit tests
  • Javier: add unit tests; document the Symbian internal test setup similar to CVS -- see also CVS_Development#Testing
  • Michael: Terminal improvements
  • Uwe: Add @noextend / @noimplement to New Connection Wizard where appropriate

Next Meeting