Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 3-Oct-2007"

< DSDP‎ | TM
(New page: {|border=1 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=4 | Meeting Title: | '''TM Committer Phone Meeting''' |- | Date & Time: | Tuesday Oct 3, 2007 at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdet...)
 
 
(2 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 17: Line 17:
  
 
== Attendees ==
 
== Attendees ==
* IBM - Xuan Chen, Dave Dykstal, Dave McKnight, Rupen Mardirossian, Kevin Doyle
+
* IBM - Xuan Chen, Dave McKnight, Kevin Doyle, Rupen Mardirossian, (Dave Dykstal n/a)
* Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Uwe Stieber, Michael Scharf
+
* Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, (Uwe Stieber n/a), (Michael Scharf n/a)
 
* Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orus
 
* Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orus
  
Line 29: Line 29:
 
=== Current Work ===
 
=== Current Work ===
 
* '''Skype Call Quality'''
 
* '''Skype Call Quality'''
 +
** Javier's mic not working - trying to fix it; echos
 
* '''Code and Branching'''
 
* '''Code and Branching'''
** Branch R2_0_maintenance for 2.0.2 fixes; all the rest goes into HEAD (3.0)
+
** Dont have a 3.0M2 contribution -- using 2.0.1 instead
 
** No reviews for 3.0 but take care; ask for review if something should go into 2.0.2
 
** No reviews for 3.0 but take care; ask for review if something should go into 2.0.2
** Committer Calls less frequently now
+
** Branch R2_0_maintenance for 2.0.2 fixes; all the rest goes into HEAD (3.0)
* '''Planning'''
+
*** Normal checkins to HEAD, just let everybody know in case of an API change
* '''Bug Fixing''' - our 2-fix-per-week / 3 unittests-per-milestone plan  
+
*** For checkin to the branch, create a separate bug for the same issue
* '''DaveD:''' - vacation
+
** When marking a bug fixed, '''please set target milestone (3.0 M3)'''
* '''DaveM:''' -
+
* Committer Calls less frequently now
** {{Bug|196662}} - Refresh queries on dispatch thread - initial problem fixed but not ideally; some additional changes will be needed but they need API related to {{Bug|187739}} and an exists() method in the SystemViewElementAdapter -- '''defer after 2.0.1'''
+
** Martin proposes meetings every 2 weeks - if issues come up anybody can request a meeting
* '''Kevin:''' -
+
** DaveM might need more frequent meetings to address questions
* '''Xuan:''' -
+
* '''Planning''' - '''AI Martin''' to write up what we discussed in Toronto
 +
* Bug Fixing - '''Remember our 2-fix-per-week / 3 unittests-per-milestone plan'''
 +
* '''DaveD:''' - vacation - {{Bug|202630}} new meaning of "default private system profile"?
 +
* '''DaveM:''' - {{Bug|187739}} exists() method in the SystemViewElementAdapter
 +
* '''Kevin:''' -  
 +
* '''Xuan:''' - fixed a bug + added unittest, checkin pending; will need to do IBM stuff the next 2 weeks
 
* '''Javier:''' - will look at {{Bug|199773}} FTP upload as binary
 
* '''Javier:''' - will look at {{Bug|199773}} FTP upload as binary
* '''Martin:''' - {{Bug|202630}} what is the meaning of the "default private system profile"?
+
* '''Martin:'''  
** {{Bug|202416}} NPE when loading profile: made it more robust, but how could it come that RSE profile data is wiped with zeros? What happens when an IOException occurs while saving a profile, can it become corrupted or is there a safeguard?
+
** {{Bug|202416}} '''Question for DaveD:''' NPE when loading profile: made it more robust, but how could it come that RSE profile data is wiped with zeros? What happens when an IOException occurs while saving a profile, can it become corrupted or is there a safeguard?
 
* '''Uwe:''' -  
 
* '''Uwe:''' -  
* '''Rupen:''' -  
+
* '''Rupen:''' - busy with IBM stuff
 
* '''Michael:''' -  
 
* '''Michael:''' -  
 
* '''Questions'''
 
* '''Questions'''
Line 54: Line 60:
  
 
* DaveD vacation Spt 27 - Oct 9
 
* DaveD vacation Spt 27 - Oct 9
 +
* Martin at ESE Oct 9 - 12
 +
* Canadian Thanksgiving Monday Oct 8
  
 
== Action Items ==
 
== Action Items ==
* [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 5-Sep-2007#Action_Items|Last Meeting]] Action Items
+
* [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 11-Sep-2007#Action_Items|Last Meeting]] Action Items
 
* '''DaveD''': fixes, unit tests
 
* '''DaveD''': fixes, unit tests
 
* '''DaveM''': fixes, unit tests
 
* '''DaveM''': fixes, unit tests
 
* '''Xuan''': fixes, unit tests
 
* '''Xuan''': fixes, unit tests
 
* '''Kevin''': fixes, unit tests
 
* '''Kevin''': fixes, unit tests
* '''Martin''': Look at PropertyDescriptor issues; EFS fixes; unit tests; Migration Docs, Releng Fixes, Newsgroup
+
* '''Martin''': Write-up TM 3.0 Plan; Look at PropertyDescriptor issues; unit tests; Releng Fixes, Newsgroup
 
* '''Javier''': fixes, unit tests
 
* '''Javier''': fixes, unit tests
 
* '''Michael''': Terminal performance improvements
 
* '''Michael''': Terminal performance improvements

Latest revision as of 11:23, 3 October 2007

Meeting Title: TM Committer Phone Meeting
Date & Time: Tuesday Oct 3, 2007 at 1500 UTC / 1100 Eastern
Dial-in: Martin to call everybody by Skype

Backup dial-in: International +44 (0)1452 567588 / Freephone +1 (866) 6161738 / UK 08712460713 / Passcode: 0587322148 #

MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.
Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call. MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.
Skype dial-in: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, kevin.j.doyle, xuan.chen886, rupen.mardirossian, javier.montalvoorus, tedatteddotnet, michael_scharf, and uwe.stieber.

Attendees

  • IBM - Xuan Chen, Dave McKnight, Kevin Doyle, Rupen Mardirossian, (Dave Dykstal n/a)
  • Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, (Uwe Stieber n/a), (Michael Scharf n/a)
  • Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orus

This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).

Agenda

Current Work

  • Skype Call Quality
    • Javier's mic not working - trying to fix it; echos
  • Code and Branching
    • Dont have a 3.0M2 contribution -- using 2.0.1 instead
    • No reviews for 3.0 but take care; ask for review if something should go into 2.0.2
    • Branch R2_0_maintenance for 2.0.2 fixes; all the rest goes into HEAD (3.0)
      • Normal checkins to HEAD, just let everybody know in case of an API change
      • For checkin to the branch, create a separate bug for the same issue
    • When marking a bug fixed, please set target milestone (3.0 M3)
  • Committer Calls less frequently now
    • Martin proposes meetings every 2 weeks - if issues come up anybody can request a meeting
    • DaveM might need more frequent meetings to address questions
  • Planning - AI Martin to write up what we discussed in Toronto
  • Bug Fixing - Remember our 2-fix-per-week / 3 unittests-per-milestone plan
  • DaveD: - vacation - bug 202630 new meaning of "default private system profile"?
  • DaveM: - bug 187739 exists() method in the SystemViewElementAdapter
  • Kevin: -
  • Xuan: - fixed a bug + added unittest, checkin pending; will need to do IBM stuff the next 2 weeks
  • Javier: - will look at bug 199773 FTP upload as binary
  • Martin:
    • bug 202416 Question for DaveD: NPE when loading profile: made it more robust, but how could it come that RSE profile data is wiped with zeros? What happens when an IOException occurs while saving a profile, can it become corrupted or is there a safeguard?
  • Uwe: -
  • Rupen: - busy with IBM stuff
  • Michael: -
  • Questions

Vacation, Away

  • DaveD vacation Spt 27 - Oct 9
  • Martin at ESE Oct 9 - 12
  • Canadian Thanksgiving Monday Oct 8

Action Items

  • Last Meeting Action Items
  • DaveD: fixes, unit tests
  • DaveM: fixes, unit tests
  • Xuan: fixes, unit tests
  • Kevin: fixes, unit tests
  • Martin: Write-up TM 3.0 Plan; Look at PropertyDescriptor issues; unit tests; Releng Fixes, Newsgroup
  • Javier: fixes, unit tests
  • Michael: Terminal performance improvements

Next Meeting