DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 3-Jul-2007
|Meeting Title:||TM Committer Phone Meeting|
|Date & Time:||Tuesday Jul 3, 2007 at 1500 UTC|
|Dial-in:|| International +44 (0)1452 567588|
North America +1 (866) 6161738 (toll free)
UK National 08712460713
Passcode: 0587322148 #
MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.
Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call. MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.
Skype fallback dial-in - only if less than 5 participants: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, javier.montalvoorus, tedatteddotnet, michael_scharf, and uwe.stieber.
- IBM - Dave McKnight, Dave Dykstal, Xuan Chen, Kevin Doyle
- Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orús
- Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Uwe Stieber, Michael Scharf
This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).
- Last meeting: DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 26-Jun-2007
News & Review Action Items
|Martin||100%||Release Notes, Releng stuff for maintenance||100%|
|DaveM||0%||some 2.0.1 fixes||0%|
|Javier||30%||critical "ftp moves" fix||30%|
|Michael||10%||1 bugfix for terminal||10%|
Plan for the TM Future
- A TM Project Meeting is planned for SEPTEMBER 19th and 20th in Chicago, together with the Members Meeting.
- Please review and edit TM Future Planning together with your Requirements / Product Management folk
- WR: Main focus on quality / decrease bug backlog (focus on 2.0.1)
Looking back on Europa
- Two critical bugs late in the game - we should have put more focus on these and try a fix for 2.0 -- creating patches now is a lot of effort:
- New & Noteworthy - is it correct and complete?
- Release Notes - these mostly delegate to dynamic Wiki content (for Migration, Known Issues)
CM Strategy going forward
- Repository is open for 2.0.1 checkins.
- 2.0.1 work in HEAD for now. Since all of us are interested in bugfixes only for now, and we have no pending API changes. We can branch off at any time - decide it when we are at the point where we want work on new features / API changes.
- Avoid API changes, both breaking backward and upward compatibility: NO new methods, no method signature changes in any public classes unless in an "internal" package. Create bugzilla's and defer work if you come across something that you think needs an API change - we can discuss these case by case.
- Avoid unnecessary changes for now - focus on minmal changes if possible. We want to keep as many plugins as possible unchanged.
- However, when already working on some code, Make it warning free before checkin (Especially fix Javadoc @param, @since tags, compiler warnings).
- Martin will take care of plugin version changes.
- For critical bug fixes only, Martin created branch R2_0_maintencance on the mapfile project (org.eclipse.rse.build) only. In this branch we handle hotfixes which are delivered as M-builds and patches on the update site. These are only hand-selected bug fixes for critical issues which need to be deployed before 2.0.1 ships. Projects are NOT branched for now until it turns out to be necessary.
- 2.0.1 builds are I-builds since they come from HEAD. The M-builds are hand-selected bug fixes from R2_0_maintenance.
- Terminal: want to do a feature branch?
Open Work for 2.0.1
- Severity Major Bugs:
- 193858 RSE folder tree problem - tempfiles do not take connection name or user id on remote side into account; similar to tempfiles structure does not support tunnelling - AI DaveM check whether remoteMountPathMappers extension point can be used to change the mapping scheme; for the future, probably subsystems should contribute some means of qualification
- Martin: Telnet, EFS, Releng (consume Orbit officially), Configurable port for SSH / Telnet
- Any Doc issues still open? (AI DaveD)
- Kushal to reassign almost all of his bugs to the Inbox
Work post 2.0.1
- Javadoc Reviews: @since tag for new API, missing @param tags, ... better don't change since these force rebuild of many plugins
- Currently feels like too many bugs are assigned 2.0.1 -- but we'll decide that after 2.0 is released
- Bugzilla: Severity Major, hi-priority
- DaveM, DaveD taking a couple weeks in August
- Javier ooo last two weeks in August
- Last Meeting Action Items
- DaveD: Doc bugs (broken links)
- DaveM: Check whether mountPathMappers can workaround 193858, comment on the bug about reason and possible workarounds
- Martin: Release Notes, Migration Docs, EFS Fixes, Releng Fixes, Newsgroup
- Michael: Terminal performance improvements