DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 3-Apr-2007
|Meeting Title:||TM Committer Phone Meeting|
|Date & Time:||Tuesday Apr 3, 2007 at 1500 UTC|
|Dial-in:|| International +44 (0)1452 567588|
North America +1 (866) 6161738 (toll free)
UK National 08712460713
Passcode: 0587322148 #
MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.
Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call. MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.
Skype fallback dial-in - only if less than 5 participants: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, javier.montalvoorus, tedatteddotnet, michael_scharf, and uwe.stieber.
- IBM - Dave McKnight, Dave Dykstal, Kushal Munir
- Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orús
- Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Uwe Stieber, Michael Scharf, (Ted Williams)
This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).
- Last meeting: DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 29-Mar-2007
TM 2.0M6 Testing
- TM 2.0 M6 Testing
- Everybody OK with the signup?
- MUST use Eclipse M6
- Will do a new test candidate every day, with a note what changed compared to the previous one. Start each morning with testing, fix bugs in the afternoon. Cronjob will build a new candidate over night.
Bugs and open work to be discussed
- General Info
- Will need to make some API work in the M7 time frame. Try to have not too many of these, though.
- Others will need to be deferred to post-2.0. Looks like we'll probably have TM 3.0 next year rather than TM 2.1. Will discuss in the Monthly meeting tomorrow
- Fixing functionality has priority over API this week!
- Reference Platforms: Solaris-Motif to be discontinued
- Major and other important bugs
- Open Major,Critical,Blocker bugs
- Encodings - Kushal, DaveD
- Copy&Paste, Collapse, Wizard Properties - DaveM
- Collapse - probably related to 143458 (Kushal) Refresh changes selection
- Programmatic Expand - Martin (Jobs, Async Callbacks)
- 180313 Restore only a single connection on restart
- 180091, 170916 (Kushal) EFS
- 173042 (Martin) Option to avoid deleting children on Refresh
- 175686, 180692 (Martin) Bundling for CVS, Discovery - feature.properties / feature.xml changes for Europa
- Open Major,Critical,Blocker bugs
- NLS bugs
- 164413 (Kushal) Removing Default System Type Combo? - Note it is currently storing Labels instead of Names/Ids!
- 154508 (DaveM) User Docs for SSL --> Early M7? Reassign to DaveD?
- 143412 (DaveD) User Docs for where passwords are stored --> Early M7?
- DaveD Chkpii to get rid of unused Properties? Unused Strings in messages.xml?
- API bugs
- 180575 (DaveM) supportsDeferredQueries - Patch from Martin attached
- 180562 (DaveM) "implements" for constants only
- 180651 (DaveM) Martin's recent "internal" ones
- 163592 (DaveD) API to explicitly save profiles
- 168975 (DaveD) Events in ISystemRegistry
- 180642 (DaveD) testframework.scripting internal - ok for M7
- 179184, 177332 (DaveD) Persistence Provider: ok for M7
- 180485 (Kushal) Showhidden as View Preference - suggestion included
- 177523 (Martin) Unify getInstance()
- 180688 180690 (Martin) SystemSignonInformation.getSystemType(), ISubSystem.getSystemType()
- 175680 177128 (Martin) Clean up ISystemRegistry
- Old stuff
- files.ui: Activator should be internal (util methods to go to RemoteFileUtility)
- SystemFileFilterStringEditPane should be public to derive from?
- subsystems.shells.core: What about OutputRefreshJob, its currently needed
- rse.ui/UI: OK to have massagers internal? Shouldn't these be re-usable by clients?
- ImportExport and User Actions - make "internal" now so we have a cleaner base towards M7?
- 179910 (Kushal) removing unnecessary upload/download - do we really need still 2 upload methods?
- 174945 General code cleanup - get rid of unused icons, comments, properties
- Copyright Updates by Martin
- Vacations, Holidays etc.
- Javier out of office except tues and wed
- Free discussion -- feelings, comments, critics
- IBM contribution of Remote Source Locators and Remote Java Launch - AI DaveM talk with DaveD, get this started
- Last Meeting Action Items