Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 3-Apr-2007"

< DSDP‎ | TM
 
(2 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 26: Line 26:
 
=== TM 2.0M6 Testing ===
 
=== TM 2.0M6 Testing ===
 
* [[TM 2.0 M6 Testing]]
 
* [[TM 2.0 M6 Testing]]
** Everybody OK with the signup?
 
 
** MUST use Eclipse M6
 
** MUST use Eclipse M6
** Will do a new test candidate every day, with a note what changed compared to the previous one. Start each morning with testing, fix bugs in the afternoon. Cronjob will build a new candidate over night.
+
** Will do a new test candidate every day, with a note what changed compared to the previous one. Start each morning with testing, fix bugs in the afternoon. Cronjob will build a new candidate over night. (Plan approved)
  
 
=== Bugs and open work to be discussed ===
 
=== Bugs and open work to be discussed ===
Line 41: Line 40:
 
* '''Major and other important bugs'''
 
* '''Major and other important bugs'''
 
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_severity=blocker&bug_severity=critical&bug_severity=major&cmdtype=doit Open Major,Critical,Blocker bugs]
 
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_severity=blocker&bug_severity=critical&bug_severity=major&cmdtype=doit Open Major,Critical,Blocker bugs]
*** Encodings - Kushal, DaveD
+
*** (defer M7) Encodings - Kushal, DaveD; mostly BIDI issues (logical vs. visual data); will need ICU, probably some ICU updates; and similar for USS on zSeries
*** Copy&Paste, Collapse, Wizard Properties - DaveM
+
*** (M6) Copy&Paste, Collapse, Wizard Properties - DaveM: ssh was OK also with multiple files, perhaps an FTP issue?
*** Collapse - probably related to [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=143458 143458] (Kushal) Refresh changes selection
+
*** (M6) Collapse - probably related to [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=143458 143458] (Kushal) Refresh changes selection
*** Programmatic Expand - Martin (Jobs, Async Callbacks)
+
*** (try M6) Programmatic Expand - Martin (Jobs, Async Callbacks)
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=180313 180313] Restore only a single connection on restart
+
** (defer M7) [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=180313 180313] Restore only a single connection on restart
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=180091 180091], [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=170916 170916] (Kushal) EFS
+
** (M6) [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=180091 180091], [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=170916 170916] (Kushal) EFS --> '''AI Kushal M6''', do handle operations
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=173042 173042] (Martin) Option to avoid deleting children on Refresh
+
** (try M6) [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=173042 173042] (Martin) Option to avoid deleting children and keeping collapsed state on Refresh --> probably defer
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=175686 175686], [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=180692 180692] (Martin) Bundling for CVS, Discovery - feature.properties / feature.xml changes for Europa
+
** (M6) [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=175686 175686], [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=180692 180692] (Martin) Bundling for CVS, Discovery - feature.properties / feature.xml changes for Europa
  
  
 
* '''NLS bugs'''
 
* '''NLS bugs'''
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=164413 164413] (Kushal) Removing Default System Type Combo? - Note it is currently storing Labels instead of Names/Ids!
+
** (M6) [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=164413 164413] (Kushal) Removing Default System Type Combo? - Note it is currently storing Labels instead of Names/Ids! --> Captures on Apr 6th and another one; user docs captured separately
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=154508 154508] (DaveM) User Docs for SSL --> Early M7? Reassign to DaveD?
+
*** DaveM: Sometimes next to a "New Connection" combo
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=143412 143412] (DaveD) User Docs for where passwords are stored --> Early M7?
+
*** DaveD: Remove the Combo for M6, but leave the NL Strings in there for now
** DaveD Chkpii to get rid of unused Properties? Unused Strings in messages.xml?
+
*** '''AI Kushal Remove the Combo, but leave NL Strings'''
 +
** (defer M7) Renaming Team View --> Profiles View? - '''AI DaveD to investigate'''; discuss on next meeting
 +
** (defer M7) [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=154508 154508] (DaveM) User Docs for SSL --> Reassign to DaveD?
 +
** (defer M7) [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=143412 143412] (DaveD) User Docs for where passwords are stored
 +
** (defer RC) DaveD Chkpii to get rid of unused Properties? Unused Strings in messages.xml? - chkpii does not do this; do not clean them up now, better leave extra ones in
  
  
 
* '''API bugs'''
 
* '''API bugs'''
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=180575 180575] (DaveM) supportsDeferredQueries - Patch from Martin attached
+
** (done, review) [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=180575 180575] (DaveM) supportsDeferredQueries - Patch from Martin attached -- (done; probably some stuff rejected, '''AI Martin''' to review
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=180562 180562] (DaveM) "implements" for constants only
+
** (M6) [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=180562 180562] (DaveM) "implements" for constants only --> '''AI Today'''
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=180651 180651] (DaveM) Martin's recent "internal" ones
+
** (done) [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=180651 180651] (DaveM) Martin's recent "internal" ones -- (done)
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=163592 163592] (DaveD) API to explicitly save profiles
+
** (try M6) [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=163592 163592] (DaveD) API to explicitly save profiles -- Dave working right now on API to avoid automatic commit --> not sure if M6 is possible
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=168975 168975] (DaveD) Events in ISystemRegistry
+
** (defer M7) [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=168975 168975] (DaveD) Events in ISystemRegistry --> not yet looked at; M7 or later; view mechanism of "originating view" to be removed - fair bit of work; model change events should be signaled to headless
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=180642 180642] (DaveD) testframework.scripting internal - ok for M7
+
** (M6) [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=180642 180642] (DaveD) testframework.scripting internal - '''AI DaveD today'''
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=179184 179184], [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=177332 177332] (DaveD) Persistence Provider: ok for M7
+
** (M6+) [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=179184 179184], [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=177332 177332] (DaveD) Persistence Provider: ok for M7 -- want to get in before IBM products migrate
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=180485 180485] (Kushal) Showhidden as View Preference - suggestion included
+
*** DaveM: For Migration, specify persistence providers that only allow import
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=177523 177523] (Martin) Unify getInstance()
+
*** DaveD: In WDSC, people are creating profiles themselves
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=180688 180688] [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=180690 180690] (Martin) SystemSignonInformation.getSystemType(), ISubSystem.getSystemType()
+
** (M6+) [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=180485 180485] (Kushal) Showhidden as View Preference - suggestion included -- Kushal agrees; what to do with the filters? -- Kushal started, '''M6'''; FilterReferenceAdapter, override public Object[] getChildren(IProgressMonitor monitor, IContextObject contextObject); Add API for SubSystemConfigurationAdapter.applyViewFilter(IContextObject parent, Object[] children);
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=175680 175680] [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=177128 177128] (Martin) Clean up ISystemRegistry
+
** (M6) [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=177523 177523] (Martin) Unify getInstance()
 +
** (M6) [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=180688 180688] [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=180690 180690] (Martin) SystemSignonInformation.getSystemType(), ISubSystem.getSystemType() --> agreed
 +
** (try M6) [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=175680 175680] [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=177128 177128] (Martin) Clean up ISystemRegistry --> not for M6
  
  
 
* '''Old stuff'''
 
* '''Old stuff'''
** files.ui: Activator should be internal (util methods to go to RemoteFileUtility)
+
** (?) files.ui: Activator should be internal (util methods to go to RemoteFileUtility)
** SystemFileFilterStringEditPane should be public to derive from?
+
** (?) subsystems.shells.core: What about OutputRefreshJob, its currently needed
** subsystems.shells.core: What about OutputRefreshJob, its currently needed
+
** (?) [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=179910 179910] (Kushal) removing unnecessary upload/download - do we really need still 2 upload methods?
** rse.ui/UI: OK to have massagers internal? Shouldn't these be re-usable by clients?
+
** (?) [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=174945 174945] General code cleanup - get rid of unused icons, comments, properties
** '''ImportExport and User Actions''' - make "internal" now so we have a cleaner base towards M7?
+
** (?) Copyright Updates by Martin
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=179910 179910] (Kushal) removing unnecessary upload/download - do we really need still 2 upload methods?
+
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=174945 174945] General code cleanup - get rid of unused icons, comments, properties
+
** Copyright Updates by Martin
+
  
  
* Vacations, Holidays etc.
+
== Vacation, Away ==
** Javier out of office except tues and wed
+
* Kushal out of office for business tomorrow, Wednesday
* Free discussion -- feelings, comments, critics
+
** IBM contribution of Remote Source Locators and Remote Java Launch - '''AI DaveM''' talk with DaveD, get this started
+
  
 
== Action Items ==
 
== Action Items ==
 
* [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 29-Mar-2007#Action_Items|Last Meeting]] Action Items
 
* [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 29-Mar-2007#Action_Items|Last Meeting]] Action Items
 +
* '''Everyone''' first test (2 hrs max.), then fix major issues, then look at API. GOAL is to have a good test candidate tomorrow.
  
 
== Next Meeting ==
 
== Next Meeting ==

Latest revision as of 11:55, 3 April 2007

Meeting Title: TM Committer Phone Meeting
Date & Time: Tuesday Apr 3, 2007 at 1500 UTC
Dial-in: International +44 (0)1452 567588
North America +1 (866) 6161738 (toll free)
UK National 08712460713
Passcode: 0587322148 #

MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.
Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call. MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.
Skype fallback dial-in - only if less than 5 participants: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, javier.montalvoorus, tedatteddotnet, michael_scharf, and uwe.stieber.

Attendees

  • IBM - Dave McKnight, Dave Dykstal, Kushal Munir
  • Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orús
  • Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Uwe Stieber, Michael Scharf, (Ted Williams)

This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).

Notes

TM 2.0M6 Testing

  • TM 2.0 M6 Testing
    • MUST use Eclipse M6
    • Will do a new test candidate every day, with a note what changed compared to the previous one. Start each morning with testing, fix bugs in the afternoon. Cronjob will build a new candidate over night. (Plan approved)

Bugs and open work to be discussed

  • General Info
    • Will need to make some API work in the M7 time frame. Try to have not too many of these, though.
    • Others will need to be deferred to post-2.0. Looks like we'll probably have TM 3.0 next year rather than TM 2.1. Will discuss in the Monthly meeting tomorrow
    • Fixing functionality has priority over API this week!
    • Reference Platforms: Solaris-Motif to be discontinued


  • Major and other important bugs
    • Open Major,Critical,Blocker bugs
      • (defer M7) Encodings - Kushal, DaveD; mostly BIDI issues (logical vs. visual data); will need ICU, probably some ICU updates; and similar for USS on zSeries
      • (M6) Copy&Paste, Collapse, Wizard Properties - DaveM: ssh was OK also with multiple files, perhaps an FTP issue?
      • (M6) Collapse - probably related to 143458 (Kushal) Refresh changes selection
      • (try M6) Programmatic Expand - Martin (Jobs, Async Callbacks)
    • (defer M7) 180313 Restore only a single connection on restart
    • (M6) 180091, 170916 (Kushal) EFS --> AI Kushal M6, do handle operations
    • (try M6) 173042 (Martin) Option to avoid deleting children and keeping collapsed state on Refresh --> probably defer
    • (M6) 175686, 180692 (Martin) Bundling for CVS, Discovery - feature.properties / feature.xml changes for Europa


  • NLS bugs
    • (M6) 164413 (Kushal) Removing Default System Type Combo? - Note it is currently storing Labels instead of Names/Ids! --> Captures on Apr 6th and another one; user docs captured separately
      • DaveM: Sometimes next to a "New Connection" combo
      • DaveD: Remove the Combo for M6, but leave the NL Strings in there for now
      • AI Kushal Remove the Combo, but leave NL Strings
    • (defer M7) Renaming Team View --> Profiles View? - AI DaveD to investigate; discuss on next meeting
    • (defer M7) 154508 (DaveM) User Docs for SSL --> Reassign to DaveD?
    • (defer M7) 143412 (DaveD) User Docs for where passwords are stored
    • (defer RC) DaveD Chkpii to get rid of unused Properties? Unused Strings in messages.xml? - chkpii does not do this; do not clean them up now, better leave extra ones in


  • API bugs
    • (done, review) 180575 (DaveM) supportsDeferredQueries - Patch from Martin attached -- (done; probably some stuff rejected, AI Martin to review
    • (M6) 180562 (DaveM) "implements" for constants only --> AI Today
    • (done) 180651 (DaveM) Martin's recent "internal" ones -- (done)
    • (try M6) 163592 (DaveD) API to explicitly save profiles -- Dave working right now on API to avoid automatic commit --> not sure if M6 is possible
    • (defer M7) 168975 (DaveD) Events in ISystemRegistry --> not yet looked at; M7 or later; view mechanism of "originating view" to be removed - fair bit of work; model change events should be signaled to headless
    • (M6) 180642 (DaveD) testframework.scripting internal - AI DaveD today
    • (M6+) 179184, 177332 (DaveD) Persistence Provider: ok for M7 -- want to get in before IBM products migrate
      • DaveM: For Migration, specify persistence providers that only allow import
      • DaveD: In WDSC, people are creating profiles themselves
    • (M6+) 180485 (Kushal) Showhidden as View Preference - suggestion included -- Kushal agrees; what to do with the filters? -- Kushal started, M6; FilterReferenceAdapter, override public Object[] getChildren(IProgressMonitor monitor, IContextObject contextObject); Add API for SubSystemConfigurationAdapter.applyViewFilter(IContextObject parent, Object[] children);
    • (M6) 177523 (Martin) Unify getInstance()
    • (M6) 180688 180690 (Martin) SystemSignonInformation.getSystemType(), ISubSystem.getSystemType() --> agreed
    • (try M6) 175680 177128 (Martin) Clean up ISystemRegistry --> not for M6


  • Old stuff
    • (?) files.ui: Activator should be internal (util methods to go to RemoteFileUtility)
    • (?) subsystems.shells.core: What about OutputRefreshJob, its currently needed
    • (?) 179910 (Kushal) removing unnecessary upload/download - do we really need still 2 upload methods?
    • (?) 174945 General code cleanup - get rid of unused icons, comments, properties
    • (?) Copyright Updates by Martin


Vacation, Away

  • Kushal out of office for business tomorrow, Wednesday

Action Items

  • Last Meeting Action Items
  • Everyone first test (2 hrs max.), then fix major issues, then look at API. GOAL is to have a good test candidate tomorrow.

Next Meeting