Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 3-Apr-2007"

< DSDP‎ | TM
(New page: {|border=1 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=4 | Meeting Title: | '''TM Committer Phone Meeting''' |- | Date & Time: | Tuesday Apr 3, 2007 at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdet...)
 
Line 32: Line 32:
 
=== Bugs and open work to be discussed ===
 
=== Bugs and open work to be discussed ===
  
* General Info
+
* '''General Info'''
 
** Will need to make some API work in the M7 time frame. Try to have not too many of these, though.
 
** Will need to make some API work in the M7 time frame. Try to have not too many of these, though.
 
** Others will need to be deferred to post-2.0. Looks like we'll probably have TM 3.0 next year rather than TM 2.1. Will discuss in the Monthly meeting tomorrow
 
** Others will need to be deferred to post-2.0. Looks like we'll probably have TM 3.0 next year rather than TM 2.1. Will discuss in the Monthly meeting tomorrow
Line 38: Line 38:
 
** Reference Platforms: Solaris-Motif to be discontinued
 
** Reference Platforms: Solaris-Motif to be discontinued
  
* Major and other important bugs
 
** Restore only a single connection on restart
 
** EFS
 
  
* API bugs
+
* '''Major and other important bugs'''
 +
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_severity=blocker&bug_severity=critical&bug_severity=major&cmdtype=doit Open Major,Critical,Blocker bugs]
 +
*** Encodings - Kushal, DaveD
 +
*** Copy&Paste, Collapse, Wizard Properties - DaveM
 +
*** Collapse - probably related to [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=143458 143458] (Kushal) Refresh changes selection
 +
*** Programmatic Expand - Martin (Jobs, Async Callbacks)
 +
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=180313 180313] Restore only a single connection on restart
 +
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=180091 180091], [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=170916 170916] (Kushal) EFS
 +
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=173042 173042] (Martin) Option to avoid deleting children on Refresh
 +
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=175686 175686], [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=180692 180692] (Martin) Bundling for CVS, Discovery - feature.properties / feature.xml changes for Europa
 +
 
 +
 
 +
* '''NLS bugs'''
 +
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=164413 164413] (Kushal) Removing Default System Type Combo? - Note it is currently storing Labels instead of Names/Ids!
 +
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=154508 154508] (DaveM) User Docs for SSL --> Early M7? Reassign to DaveD?
 +
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=143412 143412] (DaveD) User Docs for where passwords are stored --> Early M7?
 +
** DaveD Chkpii to get rid of unused Properties? Unused Strings in messages.xml?
 +
 
 +
 
 +
* '''API bugs'''
 +
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=180575 180575] (DaveM) supportsDeferredQueries - Patch from Martin attached
 +
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=180562 180562] (DaveM) "implements" for constants only
 +
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=180651 180651] (DaveM) Martin's recent "internal" ones
 +
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=163592 163592] (DaveD) API to explicitly save profiles
 +
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=168975 168975] (DaveD) Events in ISystemRegistry
 +
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=180642 180642] (DaveD) testframework.scripting internal - ok for M7
 +
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=179184 179184], [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=177332 177332] (DaveD) Persistence Provider: ok for M7
 +
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=180485 180485] (Kushal) Showhidden as View Preference - suggestion included
 +
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=177523 177523] (Martin) Unify getInstance()
 +
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=180688 180688] [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=180690 180690] (Martin) SystemSignonInformation.getSystemType(), ISubSystem.getSystemType()
 +
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=175680 175680] [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=177128 177128] (Martin) Clean up ISystemRegistry
 +
 
 +
 
 +
* '''Old stuff'''
 
** files.ui: Activator should be internal (util methods to go to RemoteFileUtility)
 
** files.ui: Activator should be internal (util methods to go to RemoteFileUtility)
 
** SystemFileFilterStringEditPane should be public to derive from?
 
** SystemFileFilterStringEditPane should be public to derive from?
Line 49: Line 79:
 
** '''ImportExport and User Actions''' - make "internal" now so we have a cleaner base towards M7?
 
** '''ImportExport and User Actions''' - make "internal" now so we have a cleaner base towards M7?
 
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=179910 179910] (Kushal) removing unnecessary upload/download - do we really need still 2 upload methods?
 
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=179910 179910] (Kushal) removing unnecessary upload/download - do we really need still 2 upload methods?
** '''Persistence Provider'''
 
 
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=174945 174945] General code cleanup - get rid of unused icons, comments, properties
 
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=174945 174945] General code cleanup - get rid of unused icons, comments, properties
** '''Update Copyright Year to 2007 if you happen to think about it'''
+
** Copyright Updates by Martin
 +
 
  
 
* Vacations, Holidays etc.
 
* Vacations, Holidays etc.
Line 64: Line 94:
 
* [[DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 4-Apr-2007]] open phone call
 
* [[DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 4-Apr-2007]] open phone call
 
* TM 2.0M6 - 6-Apr-2007
 
* TM 2.0M6 - 6-Apr-2007
* [http://www.eclipse.org/community/webinars2006.php TM Webinar] pre-call on [[10-Apr-2007]]; webinar on [[12-Apr-2007]]
+
* [http://www.eclipse.org/community/webinars2006.php TM Webinar] pre-call on [[10-Apr-2007]] at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2007&month=4&day=10&hour=14&min=00&sec=0&p1=224&p2=159&p3=250&p4=136&p5=223&iv=1800 1400 UTC]; webinar on [[12-Apr-2007]]
 
* [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 10-Apr-2007]] at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2007&month=4&day=10&hour=15&min=00&sec=0&p1=224&p2=159&p3=250&p4=136&p5=223&iv=1800 1500 UTC]
 
* [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 10-Apr-2007]] at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2007&month=4&day=10&hour=15&min=00&sec=0&p1=224&p2=159&p3=250&p4=136&p5=223&iv=1800 1500 UTC]
  

Revision as of 10:44, 3 April 2007

Meeting Title: TM Committer Phone Meeting
Date & Time: Tuesday Apr 3, 2007 at 1500 UTC
Dial-in: International +44 (0)1452 567588
North America +1 (866) 6161738 (toll free)
UK National 08712460713
Passcode: 0587322148 #

MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.
Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call. MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.
Skype fallback dial-in - only if less than 5 participants: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, javier.montalvoorus, tedatteddotnet, michael_scharf, and uwe.stieber.

Attendees

  • IBM - Dave McKnight, Dave Dykstal, Kushal Munir
  • Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orús
  • Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Uwe Stieber, Michael Scharf, (Ted Williams)

This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).

Notes

TM 2.0M6 Testing

  • TM 2.0 M6 Testing
    • Everybody OK with the signup?
    • MUST use Eclipse M6
    • Will do a new test candidate every day, with a note what changed compared to the previous one. Start each morning with testing, fix bugs in the afternoon. Cronjob will build a new candidate over night.

Bugs and open work to be discussed

  • General Info
    • Will need to make some API work in the M7 time frame. Try to have not too many of these, though.
    • Others will need to be deferred to post-2.0. Looks like we'll probably have TM 3.0 next year rather than TM 2.1. Will discuss in the Monthly meeting tomorrow
    • Fixing functionality has priority over API this week!
    • Reference Platforms: Solaris-Motif to be discontinued


  • Major and other important bugs
    • Open Major,Critical,Blocker bugs
      • Encodings - Kushal, DaveD
      • Copy&Paste, Collapse, Wizard Properties - DaveM
      • Collapse - probably related to 143458 (Kushal) Refresh changes selection
      • Programmatic Expand - Martin (Jobs, Async Callbacks)
    • 180313 Restore only a single connection on restart
    • 180091, 170916 (Kushal) EFS
    • 173042 (Martin) Option to avoid deleting children on Refresh
    • 175686, 180692 (Martin) Bundling for CVS, Discovery - feature.properties / feature.xml changes for Europa


  • NLS bugs
    • 164413 (Kushal) Removing Default System Type Combo? - Note it is currently storing Labels instead of Names/Ids!
    • 154508 (DaveM) User Docs for SSL --> Early M7? Reassign to DaveD?
    • 143412 (DaveD) User Docs for where passwords are stored --> Early M7?
    • DaveD Chkpii to get rid of unused Properties? Unused Strings in messages.xml?


  • API bugs
    • 180575 (DaveM) supportsDeferredQueries - Patch from Martin attached
    • 180562 (DaveM) "implements" for constants only
    • 180651 (DaveM) Martin's recent "internal" ones
    • 163592 (DaveD) API to explicitly save profiles
    • 168975 (DaveD) Events in ISystemRegistry
    • 180642 (DaveD) testframework.scripting internal - ok for M7
    • 179184, 177332 (DaveD) Persistence Provider: ok for M7
    • 180485 (Kushal) Showhidden as View Preference - suggestion included
    • 177523 (Martin) Unify getInstance()
    • 180688 180690 (Martin) SystemSignonInformation.getSystemType(), ISubSystem.getSystemType()
    • 175680 177128 (Martin) Clean up ISystemRegistry


  • Old stuff
    • files.ui: Activator should be internal (util methods to go to RemoteFileUtility)
    • SystemFileFilterStringEditPane should be public to derive from?
    • subsystems.shells.core: What about OutputRefreshJob, its currently needed
    • rse.ui/UI: OK to have massagers internal? Shouldn't these be re-usable by clients?
    • ImportExport and User Actions - make "internal" now so we have a cleaner base towards M7?
    • 179910 (Kushal) removing unnecessary upload/download - do we really need still 2 upload methods?
    • 174945 General code cleanup - get rid of unused icons, comments, properties
    • Copyright Updates by Martin


  • Vacations, Holidays etc.
    • Javier out of office except tues and wed
  • Free discussion -- feelings, comments, critics
    • IBM contribution of Remote Source Locators and Remote Java Launch - AI DaveM talk with DaveD, get this started

Action Items

Next Meeting