DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 29-May-2007
|Meeting Title:||TM Committer Phone Meeting|
|Date & Time:||Tuesday May 29, 2007 at 1500 UTC|
|Dial-in:|| International +44 (0)1452 567588|
North America +1 (866) 6161738 (toll free)
UK National 08712460713
Passcode: 0587322148 #
MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.
Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call. MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.
Skype fallback dial-in - only if less than 5 participants: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, javier.montalvoorus, tedatteddotnet, michael_scharf, and uwe.stieber.
- IBM - Dave McKnight, Dave Dykstal, Kushal Munir, Kevin Doyle, Xuan Chen
- Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orús
- Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Michael Scharf, Uwe Stieber
This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).
- Last meeting: DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 22-May-2007
News & Review Action Items
|Martin||100%||Final API fixes, bugs, releasing RC1; TM Future Planning, Release Review Slides||100%|
|DaveD||80%||Persistence in metadata, Translations||80%|
|Michael||10%||Terminal API cleanup, plus small fixes; performance improvements||10%|
Plan for the TM Future
- Please review and edit TM Future Planning together with your Requirements / Product Management folk
Ramp Down Plan
- TM 2.0 Ramp down Plan for Europa, based on Europa Simultaneous Release#Milestones and Release Candidates
- Tomorrow Wed May 30: Release Review Slide Decks due
- RC2 -- Tue Jun 5 (6 work days)
- RC3 -- Thu Jun 14 (7 work days; Martin vacation 12-Jun til 21-Jun!)
- RC4 -- Thu Jun 21 (5 work days)
- EUROPA -- Jun 29
- 1-committer-review required from now on. Doc-only / Comment-only / Testcases fixes allowed without review.
- Focus on hi-priority bugs (bugs been triaged?)
- Strive for all code changes done for RC2, with doc-only/testcases/escalations only for RC3 and later
- Compiler Warnings (esp. Javadoc warnings), Copyright data updates
- Copyright comments: please add contribution entries at the END of the list
- Our IP Log needs to be frozen by the time of the Release review; AI Martin check whether we can accept patches from Kevin after June 6
- Avoid breaking API changes (though we can still break API if absolutely necessary)
Bugs and open work to be discussed
- Current Priorities: Fix bugs by Priority
- Javier: User docs and ISV docs for Discovery? AI Martin help out with releng aspects.
- DaveD: 187647 Persistence in Metadata
- 153632 incorrect filterpool for dstore - are we really converging to a single filter pool?
- DaveM: Refresh related bugs; single filter pool?
- Martin: Need to bring Releng scripts up to latest for Orbit; Review and release Telnet fixes; 172650 Capabilities; 176461 expand-to-level; 186315 EFS problematic URIs;
- 170910 Integrate Terminalview -- OK to defer?
- Rename org.eclipse.rse.eclipse.filesystem to org.eclipse.rse.efs
- API: Would like to add some "throws" clauses to ISystemRegistry and others to ensure that nobody expects it to show messages (necessary when it is to go into non-UI in the future) -- OK?
- EFS: Copy(), Move(); minimal plugin activations; UI/Non-UI
- Kushal: 179937 Single "Encoding" control on the Host (for all subsystems)
- 174789 Property pages added to Wizard automatically
- Bugzilla: Severity Major, hi-priority
- Thursday Jun 7 - public holiday in Austria (Martin ooo)
- Martin Vacation Wed Jun 13 - Fri Jun 22
- Last Meeting Action Items
- DaveD: Translation Testcases; Persistence Provider without IResource
- DaveM: Refresh Bugs
- Kushal: BIDI bugs and Encodings
- Martin: Testing Stats; Refresh improvements; Integrating Terminal with RSE