Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 29-May-2007"

< DSDP‎ | TM
Line 58: Line 58:
 
** Strive for all code changes done for RC2, with doc-only/testcases/escalations only for RC3 and later
 
** Strive for all code changes done for RC2, with doc-only/testcases/escalations only for RC3 and later
 
** Compiler Warnings (esp. Javadoc warnings), Copyright data updates
 
** Compiler Warnings (esp. Javadoc warnings), Copyright data updates
 +
** Copyright comments: please add contribution entries at the END of the list
 +
** Our IP Log needs to be frozen by the time of the Release review; '''AI Martin''' check whether we can accept patches from Kevin after June 6
 
* Avoid breaking API changes (though we can still break API if absolutely necessary)
 
* Avoid breaking API changes (though we can still break API if absolutely necessary)
  

Revision as of 02:41, 25 May 2007

Meeting Title: TM Committer Phone Meeting
Date & Time: Tuesday May 29, 2007 at 1500 UTC
Dial-in: International +44 (0)1452 567588
North America +1 (866) 6161738 (toll free)
UK National 08712460713
Passcode: 0587322148 #

MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.
Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call. MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.
Skype fallback dial-in - only if less than 5 participants: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, javier.montalvoorus, tedatteddotnet, michael_scharf, and uwe.stieber.

Invited Attendees

  • IBM - Dave McKnight, Dave Dykstal, Kushal Munir, Kevin Doyle, Xuan Chen
  • Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orús
  • Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Michael Scharf, Uwe Stieber

This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).

Notes

News & Review Action Items

Martin 100% Final API fixes, bugs, releasing RC1; TM Future Planning, Release Review Slides 100%
DaveD 80% Persistence in metadata, Translations 80%
DaveM 50% Bugfixes 50%
Kushal 40% BIDI Encodings 40%
Javier 30% Bugfixes 30%
Ted 0% - 0%
Uwe 5% - 5%
Michael 10% Terminal API cleanup, plus small fixes; performance improvements 10%

Plan for the TM Future

  • Please review and edit TM Future Planning together with your Requirements / Product Management folk

Ramp Down Plan

  • TM 2.0 Ramp down Plan for Europa, based on Europa Simultaneous Release#Milestones and Release Candidates
    • Tomorrow Wed May 30: Release Review Slide Decks due
    • RC2 -- Tue Jun 5 (6 work days)
    • RC3 -- Thu Jun 14 (7 work days; Martin vacation 12-Jun til 21-Jun!)
    • RC4 -- Thu Jun 21 (5 work days)
    • EUROPA -- Jun 29
  • 1-committer-review required from now on. Doc-only / Comment-only / Testcases fixes allowed without review.
  • Focus on hi-priority bugs (bugs been triaged?)
    • Strive for all code changes done for RC2, with doc-only/testcases/escalations only for RC3 and later
    • Compiler Warnings (esp. Javadoc warnings), Copyright data updates
    • Copyright comments: please add contribution entries at the END of the list
    • Our IP Log needs to be frozen by the time of the Release review; AI Martin check whether we can accept patches from Kevin after June 6
  • Avoid breaking API changes (though we can still break API if absolutely necessary)

Bugs and open work to be discussed

  • Current Priorities: Fix bugs by Priority
    • Javier: User docs and ISV docs for Discovery? AI Martin help out with releng aspects.
    • DaveD: 187647 Persistence in Metadata
      • 153632 incorrect filterpool for dstore - are we really converging to a single filter pool?
    • DaveM: Refresh related bugs; single filter pool?
    • Martin: Need to bring Releng scripts up to latest for Orbit; Review and release Telnet fixes; 172650 Capabilities; 176461 expand-to-level; 186315 EFS problematic URIs;
      • 170910 Integrate Terminalview -- OK to defer?
      • Rename org.eclipse.rse.eclipse.filesystem to org.eclipse.rse.efs
      • API: Would like to add some "throws" clauses to ISystemRegistry and others to ensure that nobody expects it to show messages (necessary when it is to go into non-UI in the future) -- OK?
      • EFS: Copy(), Move(); minimal plugin activations; UI/Non-UI
    • Kushal: Single "Encoding" control on the Host (for all subsystems)
      • 174789 Property pages added to Wizard automatically
  • Bugzilla: Severity Major, hi-priority

Vacation, Away

  • Thursday Jun 7 - public holiday in Austria (Martin ooo)
  • Martin Vacation Wed Jun 13 - Fri Jun 22

Action Items

  • Last Meeting Action Items
  • DaveD: Translation Testcases; Persistence Provider without IResource
  • DaveM: Refresh Bugs
  • Kushal: BIDI bugs and Encodings
  • Martin: Testing Stats; Refresh improvements; Integrating Terminal with RSE
  • Javier:
  • Michael:

Next Meeting