Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 29-May-2007"

< DSDP‎ | TM
(New page: {|border=1 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=4 | Meeting Title: | '''TM Committer Phone Meeting''' |- | Date & Time: | Tuesday May 29, 2007 at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingde...)
 
Line 27: Line 27:
  
 
{|border=1
 
{|border=1
| Martin  || 100% || Final API fixes, bugs, releasing RC1 || 100%
+
| Martin  || 100% || Final API fixes, bugs, releasing RC1; [[TM Future Planning]], Release Review Slides || 100%
 
|-
 
|-
 
| DaveD  || 80% || Persistence in metadata, Translations || 80%
 
| DaveD  || 80% || Persistence in metadata, Translations || 80%
Line 54: Line 54:
 
** RC4 -- Thu Jun 21 (5 work days)
 
** RC4 -- Thu Jun 21 (5 work days)
 
** EUROPA -- Jun 29
 
** EUROPA -- Jun 29
* 1-committer-review required from now on. Doc-only / Comment-only fixes allowed without review.
+
* 1-committer-review required from now on. Doc-only / Comment-only / Testcases fixes allowed without review.
 
* Focus on hi-priority bugs (bugs been triaged?)
 
* Focus on hi-priority bugs (bugs been triaged?)
 +
** Strive for all code changes done for RC2, with doc-only/testcases/escalations only for RC3 and later
 +
** Compiler Warnings (esp. Javadoc warnings), Copyright data updates
 
* Avoid breaking API changes (though we can still break API if absolutely necessary)
 
* Avoid breaking API changes (though we can still break API if absolutely necessary)
  
Line 61: Line 63:
  
 
* '''Current Priorities:''' Fix bugs by Priority
 
* '''Current Priorities:''' Fix bugs by Priority
** '''Javier''': Some FTP related bugs; Happy to help out with other stuff; User docs and ISV docs for Discovery? Javier fine with doing it in RC2/RC3; Martin help out with releng aspects.
+
** '''Javier''': User docs and ISV docs for Discovery? '''AI Martin''' help out with releng aspects.
** '''DaveD''': Translation / Menmonics stuff, [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=187647 187647] Persistence in Metadata - dont see problems but needs fairly thorough testing
+
** '''DaveD''': [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=187647 187647] Persistence in Metadata
 
*** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=153632 153632] incorrect filterpool for dstore - are we really converging to a single filter pool?
 
*** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=153632 153632] incorrect filterpool for dstore - are we really converging to a single filter pool?
** '''DaveM''': Refresh related bugs; single filter pool? - DaveM does want to get to it this week: coordinate with DaveD since some issues might come up in the Persistence area
+
** '''DaveM''': Refresh related bugs; single filter pool?
 
** '''Martin''': Need to bring Releng scripts up to latest for Orbit; Review and release Telnet fixes; [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=172650 172650] Capabilities; [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=176461 176461] expand-to-level; [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=186315 186315] EFS problematic URIs;  
 
** '''Martin''': Need to bring Releng scripts up to latest for Orbit; Review and release Telnet fixes; [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=172650 172650] Capabilities; [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=176461 176461] expand-to-level; [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=186315 186315] EFS problematic URIs;  
*** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=170910 170910] Integrate Terminalview -- '''OK to defer''' past 2.0? Add in 2.0.1?
+
*** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=170910 170910] Integrate Terminalview -- '''OK to defer?'''
**** Kushal: make it available as experimental download?
+
*** '''Rename org.eclipse.rse.eclipse.filesystem to org.eclipse.rse.efs'''
**** DaveM: make it in two pathes (separate subsystem first, integrate into commandview later)?
+
**** IBM has a very loose terminal integration: select host, "Open Terminal" opens a separate terminal view; that would give us some kind of integration. But for TM Terminal, there are no translations, no clearance etc.
+
**** '''Decision''': Better invest time into 2.0 bugfixes, and adding the Terminal in an early 3.0 milestone.
+
*** Would like to '''Rename org.eclipse.rse.eclipse.filesystem to org.eclipse.rse.efs''' -- OK?
+
**** DaveD: Files in there need to be retargeted - should not be a big problem
+
 
*** API: Would like to add some "throws" clauses to ISystemRegistry and others to ensure that nobody expects it to show messages (necessary when it is to go into non-UI in the future) -- OK?
 
*** API: Would like to add some "throws" clauses to ISystemRegistry and others to ensure that nobody expects it to show messages (necessary when it is to go into non-UI in the future) -- OK?
**** Kushal: Better make API change now rather than later
 
 
*** EFS: Copy(), Move(); minimal plugin activations; UI/Non-UI
 
*** EFS: Copy(), Move(); minimal plugin activations; UI/Non-UI
** '''Kushal''': Single "Encoding" control on the Host (for all subsystems); will be removing encoding control on the Shells property page
+
** '''Kushal''': Single "Encoding" control on the Host (for all subsystems)
 +
*** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=174789 174789] Property pages added to Wizard automatically
 
* '''Bugzilla''': [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_severity=blocker&bug_severity=critical&bug_severity=major&cmdtype=doit Severity Major], [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&cmdtype=doit&field0-0-0=priority&type0-0-0=regexp&value0-0-0=P%5B12%5D&field0-0-1=bug_severity&type0-0-1=regexp&value0-0-1=blocker%7Ccritical%7Cmajor hi-priority]
 
* '''Bugzilla''': [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_severity=blocker&bug_severity=critical&bug_severity=major&cmdtype=doit Severity Major], [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&cmdtype=doit&field0-0-0=priority&type0-0-0=regexp&value0-0-0=P%5B12%5D&field0-0-1=bug_severity&type0-0-1=regexp&value0-0-1=blocker%7Ccritical%7Cmajor hi-priority]
  
 
== Vacation, Away ==
 
== Vacation, Away ==
* Monday May 28 - Pentecost Monday in Austria (Martin ooo), Memorial Day in US (public holiday, but DaveD probably working)
 
 
* Thursday Jun 7 - public holiday in Austria (Martin ooo)
 
* Thursday Jun 7 - public holiday in Austria (Martin ooo)
 
* Martin Vacation Wed Jun 13 - Fri Jun 22
 
* Martin Vacation Wed Jun 13 - Fri Jun 22

Revision as of 02:36, 25 May 2007

Meeting Title: TM Committer Phone Meeting
Date & Time: Tuesday May 29, 2007 at 1500 UTC
Dial-in: International +44 (0)1452 567588
North America +1 (866) 6161738 (toll free)
UK National 08712460713
Passcode: 0587322148 #

MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.
Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call. MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.
Skype fallback dial-in - only if less than 5 participants: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, javier.montalvoorus, tedatteddotnet, michael_scharf, and uwe.stieber.

Invited Attendees

  • IBM - Dave McKnight, Dave Dykstal, Kushal Munir, Kevin Doyle, Xuan Chen
  • Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orús
  • Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Michael Scharf, Uwe Stieber

This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).

Notes

News & Review Action Items

Martin 100% Final API fixes, bugs, releasing RC1; TM Future Planning, Release Review Slides 100%
DaveD 80% Persistence in metadata, Translations 80%
DaveM 50% Bugfixes 50%
Kushal 40% BIDI Encodings 40%
Javier 30% Bugfixes 30%
Ted 0% - 0%
Uwe 5% - 5%
Michael 10% Terminal API cleanup, plus small fixes; performance improvements 10%

Plan for the TM Future

  • Please review and edit TM Future Planning together with your Requirements / Product Management folk

Ramp Down Plan

  • TM 2.0 Ramp down Plan for Europa, based on Europa Simultaneous Release#Milestones and Release Candidates
    • Tomorrow Wed May 30: Release Review Slide Decks due
    • RC2 -- Tue Jun 5 (6 work days)
    • RC3 -- Thu Jun 14 (7 work days; Martin vacation 12-Jun til 21-Jun!)
    • RC4 -- Thu Jun 21 (5 work days)
    • EUROPA -- Jun 29
  • 1-committer-review required from now on. Doc-only / Comment-only / Testcases fixes allowed without review.
  • Focus on hi-priority bugs (bugs been triaged?)
    • Strive for all code changes done for RC2, with doc-only/testcases/escalations only for RC3 and later
    • Compiler Warnings (esp. Javadoc warnings), Copyright data updates
  • Avoid breaking API changes (though we can still break API if absolutely necessary)

Bugs and open work to be discussed

  • Current Priorities: Fix bugs by Priority
    • Javier: User docs and ISV docs for Discovery? AI Martin help out with releng aspects.
    • DaveD: 187647 Persistence in Metadata
      • 153632 incorrect filterpool for dstore - are we really converging to a single filter pool?
    • DaveM: Refresh related bugs; single filter pool?
    • Martin: Need to bring Releng scripts up to latest for Orbit; Review and release Telnet fixes; 172650 Capabilities; 176461 expand-to-level; 186315 EFS problematic URIs;
      • 170910 Integrate Terminalview -- OK to defer?
      • Rename org.eclipse.rse.eclipse.filesystem to org.eclipse.rse.efs
      • API: Would like to add some "throws" clauses to ISystemRegistry and others to ensure that nobody expects it to show messages (necessary when it is to go into non-UI in the future) -- OK?
      • EFS: Copy(), Move(); minimal plugin activations; UI/Non-UI
    • Kushal: Single "Encoding" control on the Host (for all subsystems)
      • 174789 Property pages added to Wizard automatically
  • Bugzilla: Severity Major, hi-priority

Vacation, Away

  • Thursday Jun 7 - public holiday in Austria (Martin ooo)
  • Martin Vacation Wed Jun 13 - Fri Jun 22

Action Items

  • Last Meeting Action Items
  • DaveD: Translation Testcases; Persistence Provider without IResource
  • DaveM: Refresh Bugs
  • Kushal: BIDI bugs and Encodings
  • Martin: Testing Stats; Refresh improvements; Integrating Terminal with RSE
  • Javier:
  • Michael:

Next Meeting