Difference between revisions of "DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 28-Aug-2007"

From Eclipsepedia

< DSDP‎ | TM
Jump to: navigation, search
(Current Work)
 
(2 intermediate revisions by one user not shown)
Line 17: Line 17:
  
 
== Attendees ==
 
== Attendees ==
* IBM - Xuan Chen, Kevin Doyle, Dave Dykstal, Rupen Mardirossian
+
* IBM - Dave Dykstal, Dave McKnight, Kevin Doyle, Rupen Mardirossian
 
* Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Uwe Stieber
 
* Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Uwe Stieber
  
Line 28: Line 28:
 
* '''Skype Call Quality'''
 
* '''Skype Call Quality'''
 
* '''Reminder: Aug 30th is RC1''' as per [[TM 2.0 Ramp down Plan for Europa#Ramp_down_for_Europa_SR1_.2828-Sep-2007.29]], no risky fixes for 2.0.1 after the 30th! (Will fork off a 2.0.1 branch by then)
 
* '''Reminder: Aug 30th is RC1''' as per [[TM 2.0 Ramp down Plan for Europa#Ramp_down_for_Europa_SR1_.2828-Sep-2007.29]], no risky fixes for 2.0.1 after the 30th! (Will fork off a 2.0.1 branch by then)
 +
** Need 1-committer review, and Verification of fixes in an I-build after that time (RC1)
 
* '''Reminder: Start preparing / planning''' for the [[DSDP/TM/Face-to-face Meeting Toronto 17-Sep-2007]]
 
* '''Reminder: Start preparing / planning''' for the [[DSDP/TM/Face-to-face Meeting Toronto 17-Sep-2007]]
* '''DaveD:''' {{Bug|194802}} - NPE when restoring; might be gone in the meantime, analyze / reproduce?
+
** DaveD: Persistence, User-Defined Actions - Explain the plans, discuss them
** {{Bug|198395}} - Connect dstore with expired password
+
** DaveM: Need to think
** {{Bug|197036}} - Avoid plugin activation, dont create all filterpools on startup
+
** MartinO: UI/Non-UI; New-connection-wizard: more user friendly while keeping it pluggable
* '''DaveM:''' {{Bug|196662}} - Refresh queries on dispatch thread - is it all fixed now?
+
** Kevin will be dedicating some time (up to 20 hrs a week)
** {{Bug|200557}} - Review dnd from Project Explorer ({{Bug|192704}}
+
** Rupen will be continuing (tentative)
** {{Bug|199565}}, {{Bug|199566}}, {{Bug|199568}} - Deadlock issues due to synchronized methods calling out
+
* '''DaveD:''' - not much time this week, finishing up some stuff hope to have some time, marking bugs for BugDay - Backlog:
* '''Kevin:''' {{Bug|168219}} - how to treat recursive delete of a tree where some elements are read-only
+
* '''DaveM:''' - No time for OSS this week; marking bugs for BugDay; return to 50% RSE next week; backlog:
*** '''delete what we can delete''', and leave the read-only files untouched (That's what EFS does) --> Will need a change of implementation (Local and DStore) to avoid giving up as soon as one error occurs during delete, return a MultiStatus; might also add API for "force" in the future
+
* '''Kevin:''' -
** '''Uwe:'''  
+
* '''Uwe:''' -
** '''Xuan:''' Memory usage in Cmd subsystem
+
* '''Rupen:''' {{Bug|198728}} - assign it to myself if Xuan does not mind. (working on same bug for artemis)  
** '''Rupen:''' {{Bug|198729}} - assign it to myself. (working on same bug for artemis) , {{Bug|196583}} - Command box when shell is launched does not get focus, enableEntry(false) which is setting the SystemCommandEditor to be disabled when shell is created (createControl) is contributing to the problem.  Why is it disabled initially?
+
 
* [[BugDayAugust2007]] -- August 31 -- TM taking part: committers sign up if they can hang out on [[IRC]] (channel #eclipse-bugs), add "bugday" keyword to applicable bugs
 
* [[BugDayAugust2007]] -- August 31 -- TM taking part: committers sign up if they can hang out on [[IRC]] (channel #eclipse-bugs), add "bugday" keyword to applicable bugs
 +
** BugDay Bugs: {{Bug|192906}} Create-Project-shows-no-error: will accept the patch, Kevin to enter an enhancement request for using the wizard to allow users change the name of the created project
 +
** Good to hang around in [[IRC]]; Use [http://chatzilla.hacksrus.com/ Chatzilla] (channel #eclipse-bugs); Here is the [http://recoskie.blogspot.com/2007/08/staffing-eclipse-irc-channel.html Blog regarding Stalk Words]
 +
 
* '''Questions'''
 
* '''Questions'''
  

Latest revision as of 11:37, 28 August 2007

Meeting Title: TM Committer Phone Meeting
Date & Time: Tuesday Aug 28, 2007 at 1500 UTC / 1100 Eastern
Dial-in: Martin to call everybody by Skype

Backup dial-in: International +44 (0)1452 567588 / Freephone +1 (866) 6161738 / UK 08712460713 / Passcode: 0587322148 #

MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.
Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call. MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.
Skype dial-in: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, kevin.j.doyle, xuan.chen886, rupen.mardirossian, javier.montalvoorus, tedatteddotnet, michael_scharf, and uwe.stieber.

Contents

[edit] Attendees

  • IBM - Dave Dykstal, Dave McKnight, Kevin Doyle, Rupen Mardirossian
  • Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Uwe Stieber

This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).

[edit] Agenda

[edit] Current Work

  • Skype Call Quality
  • Reminder: Aug 30th is RC1 as per TM 2.0 Ramp down Plan for Europa#Ramp_down_for_Europa_SR1_.2828-Sep-2007.29, no risky fixes for 2.0.1 after the 30th! (Will fork off a 2.0.1 branch by then)
    • Need 1-committer review, and Verification of fixes in an I-build after that time (RC1)
  • Reminder: Start preparing / planning for the DSDP/TM/Face-to-face Meeting Toronto 17-Sep-2007
    • DaveD: Persistence, User-Defined Actions - Explain the plans, discuss them
    • DaveM: Need to think
    • MartinO: UI/Non-UI; New-connection-wizard: more user friendly while keeping it pluggable
    • Kevin will be dedicating some time (up to 20 hrs a week)
    • Rupen will be continuing (tentative)
  • DaveD: - not much time this week, finishing up some stuff hope to have some time, marking bugs for BugDay - Backlog:
  • DaveM: - No time for OSS this week; marking bugs for BugDay; return to 50% RSE next week; backlog:
  • Kevin: -
  • Uwe: -
  • Rupen: bug 198728 - assign it to myself if Xuan does not mind. (working on same bug for artemis)
  • BugDayAugust2007 -- August 31 -- TM taking part: committers sign up if they can hang out on IRC (channel #eclipse-bugs), add "bugday" keyword to applicable bugs
    • BugDay Bugs: bug 192906 Create-Project-shows-no-error: will accept the patch, Kevin to enter an enhancement request for using the wizard to allow users change the name of the created project
    • Good to hang around in IRC; Use Chatzilla (channel #eclipse-bugs); Here is the Blog regarding Stalk Words
  • Questions

[edit] Vacation, Away

  • Labor Day (Sep.3rd in US, CDN also Sep.4th)
  • Xuan vacation this week (Aug.27- Sep.2)
  • DaveM vacation Aug.6 till Aug.23
  • Javier vacation Aug.13 till Aug.31

[edit] Action Items

  • Last Meeting Action Items
  • DaveD: 2.0.1 important fixes, then Doc bugs (Tutorial)
  • DaveM: Ask Pete Nicholls about room for F2F meeting in Toronto; bug 196662 refresh on dispatch thread
  • Xuan: Unit Tests
  • Kevin: 2.0.1 fixes
  • Martin: Look at PropertyDescriptor issues; EFS fixes; unit tests; Migration Docs, EFS Fixes, Releng Fixes, Newsgroup
  • Javier: 2.0.1 fixes, unit tests
  • Michael: Terminal performance improvements

[edit] Next Meeting