Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 28-Aug-2007"

< DSDP‎ | TM
(Current Work)
(Current Work)
Line 39: Line 39:
 
** '''Uwe:'''  
 
** '''Uwe:'''  
 
** '''Xuan:''' Memory usage in Cmd subsystem
 
** '''Xuan:''' Memory usage in Cmd subsystem
** '''Rupen:''' {{Bug|198729}} - assign it to myself. (working on same bug for artemis) , {{Bug|196583}} - Command box when shell is launched does not get focus, enableEntry(false) which is setting the SystemCommandEditor to be disabled when shell is created (createControl) is contributing to the problem.  Why is it disabled initially?
+
** '''Rupen:''' {{Bug|198728}} - assign it to myself. (working on same bug for artemis) , {{Bug|196583}} - Command box when shell is launched does not get focus, enableEntry(false) which is setting the SystemCommandEditor to be disabled when shell is created (createControl) is contributing to the problem.  Why is it disabled initially?
 
* [[BugDayAugust2007]] -- August 31 -- TM taking part: committers sign up if they can hang out on [[IRC]] (channel #eclipse-bugs), add "bugday" keyword to applicable bugs
 
* [[BugDayAugust2007]] -- August 31 -- TM taking part: committers sign up if they can hang out on [[IRC]] (channel #eclipse-bugs), add "bugday" keyword to applicable bugs
 
* '''Questions'''
 
* '''Questions'''

Revision as of 09:41, 28 August 2007

Meeting Title: TM Committer Phone Meeting
Date & Time: Tuesday Aug 28, 2007 at 1500 UTC / 1100 Eastern
Dial-in: Martin to call everybody by Skype

Backup dial-in: International +44 (0)1452 567588 / Freephone +1 (866) 6161738 / UK 08712460713 / Passcode: 0587322148 #

MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.
Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call. MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.
Skype dial-in: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, kevin.j.doyle, xuan.chen886, rupen.mardirossian, javier.montalvoorus, tedatteddotnet, michael_scharf, and uwe.stieber.

Attendees

  • IBM - Xuan Chen, Kevin Doyle, Dave Dykstal, Rupen Mardirossian
  • Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Uwe Stieber

This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).

Agenda

Current Work

  • Skype Call Quality
  • Reminder: Aug 30th is RC1 as per TM 2.0 Ramp down Plan for Europa#Ramp_down_for_Europa_SR1_.2828-Sep-2007.29, no risky fixes for 2.0.1 after the 30th! (Will fork off a 2.0.1 branch by then)
  • Reminder: Start preparing / planning for the DSDP/TM/Face-to-face Meeting Toronto 17-Sep-2007
  • DaveD: bug 194802 - NPE when restoring; might be gone in the meantime, analyze / reproduce?
    • bug 198395 - Connect dstore with expired password
    • bug 197036 - Avoid plugin activation, dont create all filterpools on startup
  • DaveM: bug 196662 - Refresh queries on dispatch thread - is it all fixed now?
  • Kevin: bug 168219 - how to treat recursive delete of a tree where some elements are read-only
      • delete what we can delete, and leave the read-only files untouched (That's what EFS does) --> Will need a change of implementation (Local and DStore) to avoid giving up as soon as one error occurs during delete, return a MultiStatus; might also add API for "force" in the future
    • Uwe:
    • Xuan: Memory usage in Cmd subsystem
    • Rupen: bug 198728 - assign it to myself. (working on same bug for artemis) , bug 196583 - Command box when shell is launched does not get focus, enableEntry(false) which is setting the SystemCommandEditor to be disabled when shell is created (createControl) is contributing to the problem. Why is it disabled initially?
  • BugDayAugust2007 -- August 31 -- TM taking part: committers sign up if they can hang out on IRC (channel #eclipse-bugs), add "bugday" keyword to applicable bugs
  • Questions

Vacation, Away

  • Labor Day (Sep.3rd in US, CDN also Sep.4th)
  • Xuan vacation this week (Aug.27- Sep.2)
  • DaveM vacation Aug.6 till Aug.23
  • Javier vacation Aug.13 till Aug.31

Action Items

  • Last Meeting Action Items
  • DaveD: 2.0.1 important fixes, then Doc bugs (Tutorial)
  • DaveM: Ask Pete Nicholls about room for F2F meeting in Toronto; bug 196662 refresh on dispatch thread
  • Xuan: Unit Tests
  • Kevin: 2.0.1 fixes
  • Martin: Look at PropertyDescriptor issues; EFS fixes; unit tests; Migration Docs, EFS Fixes, Releng Fixes, Newsgroup
  • Javier: 2.0.1 fixes, unit tests
  • Michael: Terminal performance improvements

Next Meeting