Difference between revisions of "DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 27-Sep-2006"

From Eclipsepedia

< DSDP‎ | TM
Jump to: navigation, search
(Agenda)
(Agenda)
Line 34: Line 34:
 
** Other News --
 
** Other News --
 
* Looking back on [http://download.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm/downloads/drops/S-1.0M5-200609221723/index.php 1.0 M5]
 
* Looking back on [http://download.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm/downloads/drops/S-1.0M5-200609221723/index.php 1.0 M5]
** Downloads to-date: __ (SDK), __ (win-server), __ (examples), __ (linux-server); plus __ from the update site
+
** Downloads to-date: 31 (SDK), 10 (win-server), 8 (linux-server), 5 (examples); 5 efs, 4 disscovery; plus 11 from the update site (.pack.gz, +9 .jar)
 
** '''Please Review [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&component=RSE&target_milestone=1.0+M5&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&cmdtype=doit Bugs assigned to M5 milestone]''' and set FIXED as appropriate (or change Target Milestone=1.0 RC1)
 
** '''Please Review [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&component=RSE&target_milestone=1.0+M5&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&cmdtype=doit Bugs assigned to M5 milestone]''' and set FIXED as appropriate (or change Target Milestone=1.0 RC1)
 
** Comments?
 
** Comments?

Revision as of 11:01, 27 September 2006

Meeting Title: TM Committer Phone Meeting
Date & Time: Wednesday Sep 27, 2006 at 9.00am San Francisco / 11.00am Rochester / 12.00am Toronto / 5.00pm London / 6.00pm Salzburg
Dial-in: Martin to start a Skype conference - you'll be called:
Skype martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, javier.montalvoorus, tedatteddotnet

Fixed-line fallback dial-in:

  • International +1 314-655-1411
  • North America +1 877-422-0035 (toll free)
  • Passcode: 764918

Contents

Attendees

  • IBM - Dave Dykstal, Dave McKnight, Kushal Munir
  • Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orús
  • Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Ted Williams

Agenda

  • Our top goals
    • Grow the Communities - active users and adopters --> tutorial, docs, mailinglist help
    • Get the APIs Right --> enable public API discussion --> ISV docs, Wiki API discussion, [api] bugzilla's
    • Get our Processes in place --> JUnit, nightly builds, infocenter, update site
  • Latest News
    • Martin -- Prepared, organized and joined the RSE 1.0 Testing effort; Release Review;
    • DaveD --
    • DaveM --
    • Kushal --
    • Javier --
    • Ted -- Terminalview
    • Other News --
  • Looking back on 1.0 M5
    • Downloads to-date: 31 (SDK), 10 (win-server), 8 (linux-server), 5 (examples); 5 efs, 4 disscovery; plus 11 from the update site (.pack.gz, +9 .jar)
    • Please Review Bugs assigned to M5 milestone and set FIXED as appropriate (or change Target Milestone=1.0 RC1)
    • Comments?
  • Upcoming Work
    • Bug Work is top priority this week, will consolidate again next week.
    • New bugs: REVIEW Assigned to Inbox, Status NEW
      • Open bugs: P1, P2 bugs, API bugs, Open with Patch,
      • DaveD: 150128 harder than expected, would like to defer: bugfix to persist each of 3 persist-jobs in a row is easier than adding the API for persist on demand
      • DaveM: 153652 copy&paste - drag&drop works always, copy&paste fails from remote FS to windows explorer.
    • Communications
      • We need a RSE 2.0 Project Plan! - Work on the RSE 2.0 Planning page
      • Should we reduce noise on the dsdp-tm-dev list?
    • Source Code Style & Cleanness
      • Missing / Incomplete Copyrights
      • Compiler Warnings: See Committer Howto
      • Code Ownership - DSDP/TM/Code Ownership
      • Code Style and Format
        • Not been a focus so far
        • RSE itself is inconsistent - e.g. if... without {} block is problematic
        • Use JDT autoformat as much as possible: perhaps define an RSE-style and check in with the projects?
        • Or use the standard eclipse style: might be problematic when merging RSE7 code into openRSE
    • Change Requests
      • SystemRegistry.getTheSystemRegistry() vs. RSEUIPlugin.getSystemRegistry()
      • Default colors for command view - white background, black or dark blue foreground
      • Remove rseConfigDefaults extension point - Kushal
      • Remove passwordPersistence extension point - Kushal
      • Deprecated getRemoteProperty() --> Document property namespaces, reserve "org.eclipse.rse" namespace
    • Features: Jakarta-commons/Net, JUnit-framework, Discovery, EFS-Experimental, WR-Terminal (bug 152826)
    • Refactorings: DaveM did most important stuff; consider "finished" for now, continue with hi-pri bugs
      • SystemRegistry.getTheSystemRegistry() vs. RSEUIPlugin.getSystemRegistry() -- need to keep this for now
      • Kushal IConnectorService --> if we can afford after addressing hi-pri bugs
      • Kushal rseConfigDefaults
      • Kushal passwordPersistence
    • API Things
      • Service Error Reporting - bug 149472 - DaveD - API ok so far, final resolution? --> Create new different bug id for that one.
      • Parallel Services - bug 142478 all queries in background - DaveM
      • SystemRegistry.createHost for Javier
        • bug 150168 dont commit immediately - DaveD
          • Javier: not important at the moment; DaveD: probably fixed already
        • bug 150265 allow specifying subsystem types - DaveM
          • Example: 1 Host providing shell and FTP (different categories)
          • Problem: createHost() only creates a host with 1 service -- See video for service discovery, DaveM to take a look at it
          • Need createHost() with a list of services
          • Can wait until hi-pri bugs are fixed.
      • Making stuff internal - ssh, ftp: Martin; Core: List of candidates from DaveD?
    • Cleanup: API Doc (duplicates in interface and implementation!), JUnit tests, Context help, Test Plans, RSE-7-migration-docs, Copyrights, licenses
  • Other items
    • Tutorial: Update at the end of the release process, change instructions (re-use example code: We dont want to teach PDE)
    • Manual test plans - in work by Martin
    • EFS Experimental feature to be created by Martin
  • Vacations, Holidays etc.
    • Martin - 2 weeks once the baby is here (around Oct.3, but could also be any time now)
    • DaveD taking Oct.12-13 off, 19-20 as well
  • Free discussion -- feelings, comments, critics

Action Items

  • Last Meeting Action Items
  • DaveD - Sign up on RSE 1.0 Testing page, Edit Code Ownership. Fix Copyrights. Sanity-check I-build, Hi-Pri bugs. JUnit. Checkin mappings.csv, New bug for moving DTD, Send "Team" test plans to Martin. SystemRegistry API. Team fixes: Check collapsing persistence Properties nodes to fewer files. Compile a list of suggestions for making classes / packages internal.
  • DaveM - Sign up on RSE 1.0 Testing page, meet Kushal for Dirty Editors. Fix Copyrights. Sanity-check I-build, Hi-pri bugs, Safe bugs; hygiene changes
  • Kushal - Meet DaveM for Dirty Editors; Fix Copyrights. Sanity-check I-build, Hi-pri bugs, Safe bugs; refactoring IConnectorService; send file encoding test resources to martin; review & get rid of rseConfigDefaults; talk to Don about passwordPersistence
  • Martin - Manual test plan, Sanity-check I-build, Hi-pri bugs; EFS feature, Build scripts for CDT and Discovery, API Review, Jakarta-commons; Review if IShellService is sufficient for terminal
  • Javier - Hook up with Scott Lewis once SD is committed
  • Ted - Sanity-check I-build; Terminalview; Document build process


Next Meeting