Difference between revisions of "DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 26-Nov-2008"

From Eclipsepedia

< DSDP‎ | TM
Jump to: navigation, search
 
(2 intermediate revisions by one user not shown)
Line 4: Line 4:
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Date & Time:  
 
| Date & Time:  
| Wednesday [[November 19, 2008]] at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2008&month=11&day=19&hour=16&min=00&sec=0&p1=224&p2=159&p3=250&p4=136&p5=223&iv=1800 1600 UTC / 0800 SFO / 1000 Rochester / 1100 Toronto / 1700 Salzburg]<br>[[Image:Html.gif]][http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=vn70im36r00qeusu8nme50cils@group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Canada/Toronto HTML] | [[Image:Ical.gif]][http://www.google.com/calendar/ical/vn70im36r00qeusu8nme50cils@group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics iCal]
+
| Wednesday [[November 26, 2008]] at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2008&month=11&day=26&hour=16&min=00&sec=0&p1=224&p2=159&p3=250&p4=136&p5=223&iv=1800 1600 UTC / 0800 SFO / 1000 Rochester / 1100 Toronto / 1700 Salzburg]<br>[[Image:Html.gif]][http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=vn70im36r00qeusu8nme50cils@group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Canada/Toronto HTML] | [[Image:Ical.gif]][http://www.google.com/calendar/ical/vn70im36r00qeusu8nme50cils@group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics iCal]
  
 
|-
 
|-
Line 17: Line 17:
 
Skype dial-in: '''martin.oberhuber''', ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kevin.j.doyle, xuan.chen886, eugenetarassov, michael_scharf, uwe.stieber, radoslav.gerganov, wrsfburton, anna_dushistova.<br/>
 
Skype dial-in: '''martin.oberhuber''', ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kevin.j.doyle, xuan.chen886, eugenetarassov, michael_scharf, uwe.stieber, radoslav.gerganov, wrsfburton, anna_dushistova.<br/>
  
== Invited Attendees ==
+
== Attendees ==
 +
This is an Open call, so anyone can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only). Committers are expected to participate.
 +
* Attendees: DaveM, DaveD, Xuan, Kevin, Martin, Rado, Anna
 +
* Regrets: Michael, Uwe, Eugene, Felix
 +
 
 +
<!--
 
* IBM - Xuan Chen, Dave McKnight, Dave Dykstal, Kevin Doyle
 
* IBM - Xuan Chen, Dave McKnight, Dave Dykstal, Kevin Doyle
 
* Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Michael Scharf, Uwe Stieber, Eugene Tarassov, Felix Burton
 
* Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Michael Scharf, Uwe Stieber, Eugene Tarassov, Felix Burton
 
* ProSyst - Radoslav Gerganov
 
* ProSyst - Radoslav Gerganov
 
* MontaVista - Anna Dushistova
 
* MontaVista - Anna Dushistova
 
+
-->
This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).
+
 
+
== Attendees ==
+
* Attendees:
+
* Regrets:
+
  
 
== Agenda ==
 
== Agenda ==
 
* Last meeting: [[DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 5-Nov-2008]]
 
* Last meeting: [[DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 5-Nov-2008]]
 
* Prev meeting: [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 15-Oct-2008]]
 
* Prev meeting: [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 15-Oct-2008]]
* '''Skype Call Quality'''
+
* '''Skype Call Quality''' fine today.
 +
* [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&product=Target+Management&target_milestone=3.0&target_milestone=3.0.1&target_milestone=3.1+M2&target_milestone=3.1+M3&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&cmdtype=doit 3.1M3 Assigned Open bugs] - '''AI Everyone''' reassign target milestone as appropriate
 +
* [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&product=Target+Management&target_milestone=3.0&target_milestone=3.0.1&target_milestone=3.1+M2&target_milestone=3.1+M3&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&cmdtype=doit 3.0.2 Assigned Open bugs]
 +
* '''DaveM:''' Please create a 3.0.3 target milestone - [[Image:Ok_green.gif]] '''AI Martin''' done
 +
* '''DaveM:''' Dstore shell patch - now working like Local, Kevin to review the patch
 +
* '''Martin:''' M-builds now daily at 6:00am if the mapfile changed. No other work for committers than release stuff into the mapfile. This is IBM's release, won't interfere.
 +
* '''DaveM:''' Don't want changes next week, try to bring everything in this week.
  
 
=== '''Status''' ===
 
=== '''Status''' ===
 
* '''Anna''': Now also contributing to TCF
 
* '''Anna''': Now also contributing to TCF
* '''DaveD''':  
+
* '''DaveD''': Back to RSE next week
* '''DaveM''': EFS planning for 3.1, lower priority?
+
* '''DaveM''': Focusing on 3.0.2 work, 70% open RSE
* '''Kevin''':  
+
* '''Kevin''': Reviewing 3.0.2 stuff, reviewing search bug for backport
* '''Xuan''':  
+
* '''Xuan''': Reviewing Useraction stuff from Kevin for 3.0.2 - planning to fix Junit issue
* '''Martin''':  
+
* '''Martin''': RSE reviewing changes, want to
** New builder
+
* '''Rado''': Cancel-copy, WinCE
 
** Website revamp - image from the Community is good, need some time to revamp the contents
 
** Website revamp - image from the Community is good, need some time to revamp the contents
 
** {{bug|227750}} IRSEPersistenceProvider
 
** {{bug|227750}} IRSEPersistenceProvider
 
=== '''Bugs''' ===
 
* [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_severity=blocker&bug_severity=critical&bug_severity=major&cmdtype=doit Severity Major], [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&cmdtype=doit&field0-0-0=priority&type0-0-0=regexp&value0-0-0=P%5B12%5D&field0-0-1=bug_severity&type0-0-1=regexp&value0-0-1=blocker%7Ccritical%7Cmajor Hi-Priority]
 
* Community contributions: 38 [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&cmdtype=doit&field0-0-0=attachments.ispatch&type0-0-0=equals&value0-0-0=1 Open bugs with patches] right now, should apply before patches get outdated (see also the [http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm/development/bug_process.php Bug Process Page] for a query)
 
 
=== '''Old Stuff''' ===
 
* {{Bug|240991}} Startup creates Display on Worker Thread
 
** Workarounds seem to be good for now. Martin would prefer experimenting with IRSEPersistenceProvider in HEAD
 
 
* Unittests
 
** Xuan: Kevin trying some Abbot stuff, might contribute -- Abbot is under CPL
 
** {{Bug|230917}} [regression] Some DStore Archive Testcases fail -- '''AI Xuan''' look at
 
 
* Findbugs and other cleanup
 
** Broken Links in Docs: Xenu's LinkSleuth
 
 
* '''Quality, Backlog and Unit Tests'''
 
** Remember our 2-fix-per-week / 3 unittests-per-milestone plan
 
** Current situation is on [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/report.cgi?x_axis_field=&y_axis_field=assigned_to&z_axis_field=&query_format=report-table&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=RESOLVED&bug_status=VERIFIED&bug_status=CLOSED&chfieldfrom=2007-09-17&chfieldto=Now&chfield=bug_status&chfieldvalue=RESOLVED&format=table&action=wrap&negate0=1&field0-0-0=resolution&type0-0-0=equals&value0-0-0=DUPLICATE this bugzilla report]
 
 
=== Cleanup Work ===
 
* Unittests, unittests, unittests! -- ideally write an accompanying unittest for every bugfix
 
* Migration Notes (for 2.0 / for 1.0?)
 
* Review and improve Userdocs; we have several open bugs here
 
* Review and improve Javadocs; lots still missing, unclear, duplicated
 
* Fix broken hyperlinks in the docs, fix HTML/XML errors (which can make the indexer not work)
 
* Get rid of compiler warnings wherever possible
 
* Run Findbugs -- Update site on http://findbugs.cs.umd.edu/eclipse, Quickdocs by Rado in [http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/dsdp-tm-dev/msg01869.html tm-dev E-Mail]
 
** Question about filtering false positives posted on fb-discuss [https://mailman.cs.umd.edu/pipermail/findbugs-discuss/2008-May/002374.html link]
 
* Stuff for 3.1
 
** API Tooling Javadocs(@noextend and friends) - cannot limit existing API more than it was before, unless it was textually documented already, but can deprecate stuff, even in 3.0.1.
 
 
=== Questions ===
 
 
 
== Vacation, away ==
 
  
 
== Action Items ==
 
== Action Items ==
 
* [[#Notes|Last Meeting]] Action Items
 
* [[#Notes|Last Meeting]] Action Items
* '''Everyone''':  
+
* '''Everyone''': update target milestone of open bugs assigned to m3
* '''Anna''':
+
* '''DaveM''': '''old''' {{bug|199596}} Read-Only attribute doesn't always update IRemoteFile;  
* '''DaveD''':
+
* '''DaveM''': '''old''' comment on EFS in project plan; {{bug|199596}} Read-Only attribute doesn't always update IRemoteFile;  
+
* '''Kevin''':
+
 
* '''Xuan''': '''old''' Look at {{Bug|230917}} Archive Handler Unittests
 
* '''Xuan''': '''old''' Look at {{Bug|230917}} Archive Handler Unittests
* '''Martin''': '''old''' review Rado's deferred D&D; {{bug|238574}} Website revamp; new Builder '''until 3.1M3'''; {{bug|227750}} Display in non-UI write fix '''until 3.1M3'''; Run performance tests for {{bug|236065}} IFileService improvements; Critical EFS bugs;
+
* '''Martin''': '''old''' review Rado's deferred D&D; {{bug|238574}} Website revamp; new Builder '''until 3.1M4'''; {{bug|227750}} Display in non-UI write fix '''until 3.1M4'''; Run performance tests for {{bug|236065}} IFileService improvements; Critical EFS bugs;
* '''Javier''': '''old''' Hi-PRI FTP BUGS
+
* '''Michael''': '''old''' Terminal: Work on {{bug|185348}} Terminal API
+
* '''Uwe''': -
+
* '''Rado''': -
+
* '''Felix''': -
+
* '''Eugene''': -
+
  
 
== Next Meeting ==
 
== Next Meeting ==
* Monthly [[DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 3-Dec-2008]] (2 weeks) at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=12&day=3&year=2008&hour=17&min=00&sec=0&p1=0 9am PST / 1700 UTC]
+
* Monthly [[DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 3-Dec-2008]] (1 weeks) at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=12&day=3&year=2008&hour=17&min=00&sec=0&p1=0 9am PST / 1700 UTC]
* [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 17-Dec-2008]] (4 weeks) at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2008&month=12&day=17&hour=16&min=00&sec=0&p1=224&p2=159&p3=250&p4=136&p5=223&iv=1800 1600 UTC / 0800 SFO / 1000 Rochester / 1100 Toronto / 1700 Salzburg]
+
* [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 17-Dec-2008]] (3 weeks) at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2008&month=12&day=17&hour=16&min=00&sec=0&p1=224&p2=159&p3=250&p4=136&p5=223&iv=1800 1600 UTC / 0800 SFO / 1000 Rochester / 1100 Toronto / 1700 Salzburg]
  
 
[[Category:DSDP/TM]]
 
[[Category:DSDP/TM]]

Latest revision as of 12:40, 26 November 2008

Meeting Title: TM Committer Phone Meeting
Date & Time: Wednesday November 26, 2008 at 1600 UTC / 0800 SFO / 1000 Rochester / 1100 Toronto / 1700 Salzburg
Html.gifHTML | Ical.gifiCal
Dial-in: Martin to call everybody by Skype

Backup dial-in: International +44 (0)1452 567588 / Freephone +1 (866) 6161738 / UK 08712460713 / Passcode: 0587322148 #

MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.
Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call. MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.
Skype dial-in: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kevin.j.doyle, xuan.chen886, eugenetarassov, michael_scharf, uwe.stieber, radoslav.gerganov, wrsfburton, anna_dushistova.

Contents

[edit] Attendees

This is an Open call, so anyone can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only). Committers are expected to participate.

  • Attendees: DaveM, DaveD, Xuan, Kevin, Martin, Rado, Anna
  • Regrets: Michael, Uwe, Eugene, Felix


[edit] Agenda

  • Last meeting: DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 5-Nov-2008
  • Prev meeting: DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 15-Oct-2008
  • Skype Call Quality fine today.
  • 3.1M3 Assigned Open bugs - AI Everyone reassign target milestone as appropriate
  • 3.0.2 Assigned Open bugs
  • DaveM: Please create a 3.0.3 target milestone - Ok green.gif AI Martin done
  • DaveM: Dstore shell patch - now working like Local, Kevin to review the patch
  • Martin: M-builds now daily at 6:00am if the mapfile changed. No other work for committers than release stuff into the mapfile. This is IBM's release, won't interfere.
  • DaveM: Don't want changes next week, try to bring everything in this week.

[edit] Status

  • Anna: Now also contributing to TCF
  • DaveD: Back to RSE next week
  • DaveM: Focusing on 3.0.2 work, 70% open RSE
  • Kevin: Reviewing 3.0.2 stuff, reviewing search bug for backport
  • Xuan: Reviewing Useraction stuff from Kevin for 3.0.2 - planning to fix Junit issue
  • Martin: RSE reviewing changes, want to
  • Rado: Cancel-copy, WinCE
    • Website revamp - image from the Community is good, need some time to revamp the contents
    • bug 227750 IRSEPersistenceProvider

[edit] Action Items

  • Last Meeting Action Items
  • Everyone: update target milestone of open bugs assigned to m3
  • DaveM: old bug 199596 Read-Only attribute doesn't always update IRemoteFile;
  • Xuan: old Look at bug 230917 Archive Handler Unittests
  • Martin: old review Rado's deferred D&D; bug 238574 Website revamp; new Builder until 3.1M4; bug 227750 Display in non-UI write fix until 3.1M4; Run performance tests for bug 236065 IFileService improvements; Critical EFS bugs;

[edit] Next Meeting