Skip to main content
Jump to: navigation, search

DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 26-Jun-2007

Meeting Title: TM Committer Phone Meeting
Date & Time: Tuesday Jun 26, 2007 at 1500 UTC
Dial-in: International +44 (0)1452 567588
North America +1 (866) 6161738 (toll free)
UK National 08712460713
Passcode: 0587322148 #

MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.
Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call. MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.
Skype fallback dial-in - only if less than 5 participants: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, javier.montalvoorus, tedatteddotnet, michael_scharf, and uwe.stieber.

Invited Attendees

  • IBM - Dave McKnight, Dave Dykstal, Kevin Doyle, Xuan Chen, Kushal Munir
  • Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orús
  • Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Uwe Stieber, Michael Scharf

This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).


News & Review Action Items

Martin 0% 100%
DaveD 90% 90%
DaveM 0% 0%
Kushal 0% 0%
Javier 30% 30%
Ted 0% - 0%
Uwe 5% - 5%
Michael 10% 10%

Plan for the TM Future

  • Please review and edit TM Future Planning together with your Requirements / Product Management folk
  • A TM Project Meeting is planned for SEPTEMBER 19th and 20th in Chicago, together with the Members Meeting.

Ramp Down Plan

  • TM 2.0 Ramp down Plan for Europa, based on Europa Simultaneous Release#Milestones and Release Candidates
    • EUROPA -- Jun 29 -- No more automatic builds (only on request) - Wednesday is the absolute final day
  • Testing: Please use RSE recent I-builds yourselves in daily work
  • All-committer-review required from now on. Any urgent known issues?
    • EFS, Telnet: Would affect one or two plugins only
    • Several Doc issues opened (broken links) - affect doc plugin only
    • Discouraged Access Warnings: AI Martin switch off for dstore by using x-friend in Manifest?
  • Javadoc Reviews: @since tag for new API, missing @param tags, ... better don't change since these force rebuild of many plugins
  • Currently feels like too many bugs are assigned 2.0.1 -- but we'll decide that after 2.0 is released
    • Kushal some of your assigned are 2.0.1 -- will you be able to work on those?
  • Our API is still declared "provisional"
  • 2.0.1 work can be done in branches - e.g. "temp201_dwd"? Merge immediately after 2.0 declared. Caution: 2.0.1 must be binary compatible with 2.0.0. Ensure that you have read the Eclipse API Guidelines again to understand what the restrictions are.

Bugs and open work to be discussed

  • Current Priorities: Stabilize
    • Javier: There appears to be a problem in the underlying EFS support (see 192610). Continuing investigation, but will likely require a note of caution on using EFS remote projects.
    • DaveD:
    • DaveM:
    • Xuan:
    • Martin: Releng scripts remain as they are for now - might consume Orbit manually at the end;
      • Review and release Telnet fixes;
      • 186315 EFS problematic URIs - would love to see those fixed
    • Kushal: 174789 Property pages added to Wizard automatically: AI Kushal investigate (will likely be taken by DaveD - Kushal to leave the team?)
  • Bugzilla: Severity Major, hi-priority

Vacation, Away

  • DaveM, DaveD taking a couple weeks in August
  • Javier ooo last two weeks in August

Action Items

  • Last Meeting Action Items
  • DaveD: Doc items
  • DaveM: 2.0.1 fixes
  • Kushal:
  • Martin:
  • Javier:
  • Michael:

Next Meeting

Copyright © Eclipse Foundation, Inc. All Rights Reserved.