DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 26-Jun-2007
|Meeting Title:||TM Committer Phone Meeting|
|Date & Time:||Tuesday Jun 26, 2007 at 1500 UTC|
|Dial-in:|| International +44 (0)1452 567588|
North America +1 (866) 6161738 (toll free)
UK National 08712460713
Passcode: 0587322148 #
MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.
Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call. MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.
Skype fallback dial-in - only if less than 5 participants: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, javier.montalvoorus, tedatteddotnet, michael_scharf, and uwe.stieber.
- IBM - Dave McKnight, Dave Dykstal, Kevin Doyle, Xuan Chen, Kushal Munir
- Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orús
- Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Uwe Stieber, Michael Scharf
This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).
- Last meeting: DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 19-Jun-2007
News & Review Action Items
Plan for the TM Future
- Please review and edit TM Future Planning together with your Requirements / Product Management folk
- A TM Project Meeting is planned for SEPTEMBER 19th and 20th in Chicago, together with the Members Meeting.
Ramp Down Plan
- TM 2.0 Ramp down Plan for Europa, based on Europa Simultaneous Release#Milestones and Release Candidates
- EUROPA -- Jun 29 -- No more automatic builds (only on request)
- Testing: Please use RSE recent I-builds yourselves in daily work
- All-committer-review required from now on. Any urgent known issues?
- Javadoc Reviews: @since tag for new API, missing @param tags, ...
- Discouraged Access Warnings: AI Martin switch off for dstore by using x-friend in Manifest
- Currently feels like too many bugs are assigned 2.0.1 -- but we'll decide that after 2.0 is released
- Our API is still declared "provisional"
- 2.0.1 work can be done in branches - e.g. "temp201_dwd"? Merge immediately after 2.0 declared. Caution: 2.0.1 must be binary compatible with 2.0.0. Ensure that you have read the Eclipse API Guidelines again to understand what the restrictions are.
- Newsgroup and Mailing List Duty
Bugs and open work to be discussed
- Current Priorities: Stabilize
- Javier: There appears to be a problem in the underlying EFS support (see 192610). Continuing investigation, but will likely require a note of caution on using EFS remote projects.
- Martin: Releng scripts remain as they are for now - might consume Orbit manually at the end;
- Review and release Telnet fixes;
- 186315 EFS problematic URIs - would love to see those fixed
- Kushal: 174789 Property pages added to Wizard automatically: AI Kushal investigate (will likely be taken by DaveD - Kushal to leave the team?)
- Bugzilla: Severity Major, hi-priority
- DaveM, DaveD taking a couple weeks in August
- Javier ooo last two weeks in August
- Last Meeting Action Items
- DaveD: Doc items
- DaveM: 2.0.1 fixes