Difference between revisions of "DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 24-Jul-2007"

From Eclipsepedia

< DSDP‎ | TM
Jump to: navigation, search
m
 
(3 intermediate revisions by one user not shown)
Line 48: Line 48:
 
=== Current Work ===
 
=== Current Work ===
 
* '''Asterisk Conferencing'''
 
* '''Asterisk Conferencing'''
 +
** Quality was good with just Javier and Martin; lots of Echo making it unusable with Xuan and Kevin
  
  
* [[DSDP/TM/Face-to-face_Chicago_19-Sep-2007]]: Moving to Toronto? Participants? Agenda Items?
+
* [[DSDP/TM/Face-to-face Meeting 19-Sep-2007]]: Moving to Toronto? Participants? Agenda Items?
 
** '''AI DaveM''' talk to Pete Nicholls for a room in Toronto
 
** '''AI DaveM''' talk to Pete Nicholls for a room in Toronto
 
** '''AI DaveD''' confirm travel budget with IBM mgmt
 
** '''AI DaveD''' confirm travel budget with IBM mgmt
Line 84: Line 85:
 
== Action Items ==
 
== Action Items ==
 
* [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 18-Jul-2007#Action_Items|Last Meeting]] Action Items
 
* [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 18-Jul-2007#Action_Items|Last Meeting]] Action Items
* '''DaveD''': '''Let Martin know whether travel to Chicago is possible'''; 2.0.1 important fixes, then Doc bugs (Tutorial)
+
* '''DaveD''': '''Let Martin know whether travel to Chicago/Toronto is possible'''; 2.0.1 important fixes, then Doc bugs (Tutorial)
 
* '''DaveM''': '''Ask Pete Nicholls about room for F2F meeting in Toronto'''; [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=196662 196662] refresh on dispatch thread
 
* '''DaveM''': '''Ask Pete Nicholls about room for F2F meeting in Toronto'''; [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=196662 196662] refresh on dispatch thread
 
* '''Xuan''': '''Asterisk:''' try to get rid of Echo with Kevin; Unit Tests
 
* '''Xuan''': '''Asterisk:''' try to get rid of Echo with Kevin; Unit Tests
Line 95: Line 96:
 
* [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 31-Jul-2007]] at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2007&month=7&day=31&hour=15&min=00&sec=0&p1=224&p2=159&p3=250&p4=136&p5=223&iv=1800 1500 UTC]
 
* [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 31-Jul-2007]] at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2007&month=7&day=31&hour=15&min=00&sec=0&p1=224&p2=159&p3=250&p4=136&p5=223&iv=1800 1500 UTC]
 
* Monthly [[DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 1-Aug-2007]] at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=8&day=1&year=2007&hour=16&min=00&sec=0&p1=0 9am PST / 1600 UTC]
 
* Monthly [[DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 1-Aug-2007]] at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=8&day=1&year=2007&hour=16&min=00&sec=0&p1=0 9am PST / 1600 UTC]
* [[DSDP/TM/Face-to-face Chicago 19-Sep-2007]]
+
* [[DSDP/TM/Face-to-face Meeting Toronto 17-Sep-2007]]
  
 
[[Category:DSDP/TM]]
 
[[Category:DSDP/TM]]

Latest revision as of 15:51, 31 July 2007

Meeting Title: TM Committer Phone Meeting
Date & Time: Tuesday Jul 24, 2007 at 1500 UTC / 1100 Eastern
Dial-in: asterisk.eclipse.org ID: 8984 Passcode: 1234

Backup dial-in: International +44 (0)1452 567588 / Freephone +1 (866) 6161738 / UK 08712460713 / Passcode: 0587322148 #

MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.
Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call. MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.
Skype fallback dial-in - only if less than 5 participants: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, kevin.j.doyle, xuan.chen886, javier.montalvoorus, tedatteddotnet, michael_scharf, and uwe.stieber.

Contents

[edit] Attendees

  • IBM - Dave McKnight, Dave Dykstal, Xuan Chen, Kevin Doyle
  • Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orús
  • Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Michael Scharf, Uwe Stieber

This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).

[edit] Notes

[edit] News & Review Action Items

Martin 100% Asterisk feedback; Equinox-security people contacted; made RXTX for Eclipse available - need to embed site URL in features, brush up update site web appearance; CDT Adapter Loading; 2.0.1 fixes 100%
DaveD 50% 50%
DaveM 70% 70%
Xuan 50% About to become committer; Unit tests (14 test cases ready on local, dstore-win, dstore-linux) 50%
Kevin 80% 80%
Javier 30% 30%
Uwe 5% - 5%
Michael 50% Terminal performance improvements: Created 3-layer architecture, 50 unit tests - will need new TM-terminal-tests feature and test plugin(s), not yet checked in 50%

[edit] Current Work

  • Asterisk Conferencing
    • Quality was good with just Javier and Martin; lots of Echo making it unusable with Xuan and Kevin



  • Unit Tests / TPTP AGR
    • Problems with dstore - how to change the daemon port without using the UI? AI DaveM to help
    • Problems with a dialog popping up during the unit tests (SSL enable/disable): should be able to programmatically set that preference (In DStoreConnectorService)
    • Calling ISubSystem.internalCreateFilterString() worked slightly different
  • 193329 First Column in Table View
    • Martin: PropertyDescriptor quirks -- filling PropertyView differently than Tableview -- AI Martin to look at it
  • Bugzilla: Severity Major, hi-priority
    • DaveD: 194802 Persistence issue reported by Greg Watson: UI/Non-UI
      • 197036, 181939 All filter pools created on startup - lazy loading
    • DaveM: 196662 Refresh on Dispatch thread could be tricky since already in the event handler -- getObject() is there since the adapter has no exists() method
      • 196664 Refresh does too much work
    • Javier: 197105 FTP Solaris - waiting for info from reporter
    • Martin: 197178 (CDT) Discussing Adapter Loading (we do it synchronously in Activator.start() of the Core plugins which is problematic)
      • 192610 EFS to be attacked next thing
    • Xuan: 191374 SSH Performance on large directory -- fix the dependent bugs, then re-try again


  • Javadoc Reviews: @since tag for new API, missing @param tags, ... can be fixed now for RSE since we are rebuilding just about every RSE plugin for 2.0.1 (except discovery, terminal, remotecdt, tests right now)

[edit] Vacation, Away

  • Xuan -public holidays beginning of August (Aug 3rd, Aug 6th) in Toronto
  • DaveD working on and off
  • DaveM, DaveD taking a couple weeks in August
  • Javier ooo last two weeks in August

[edit] Action Items

  • Last Meeting Action Items
  • DaveD: Let Martin know whether travel to Chicago/Toronto is possible; 2.0.1 important fixes, then Doc bugs (Tutorial)
  • DaveM: Ask Pete Nicholls about room for F2F meeting in Toronto; 196662 refresh on dispatch thread
  • Xuan: Asterisk: try to get rid of Echo with Kevin; Unit Tests
  • Kevin: Asterisk: try to get rid of Echo with Xuan; 2.0.1 fixes
  • Martin: Look at PropertyDescriptor issues; EFS fixes; unit tests; Migration Docs, EFS Fixes, Releng Fixes, Newsgroup
  • Javier: 2.0.1 fixes, unit tests
  • Michael: Terminal performance improvements

[edit] Next Meeting