Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 24-Apr-2007"

< DSDP‎ | TM
Line 27: Line 27:
  
 
{|border=1
 
{|border=1
| Martin  || 100% || [done] Add Import/Export and UDA to I-builds; || 100%
+
| Martin  || 100% || [done] Add Import/Export and UDA to I-builds; updated website; moved events to core; || 100%
 
|-
 
|-
 
| DaveD  || 70% || Persistence Improvements || 70%
 
| DaveD  || 70% || Persistence Improvements || 70%
Line 57: Line 57:
 
** '''Priority #1: Finish API Changes'''
 
** '''Priority #1: Finish API Changes'''
 
*** '''Javier''': FTP parallel download, allowing to register directory listing parser by extension point
 
*** '''Javier''': FTP parallel download, allowing to register directory listing parser by extension point
 +
*** '''DaveD''': Persistence (for UDA); UI/Non-UI
 
** '''Priority #2: Import/Export and User Actions'''
 
** '''Priority #2: Import/Export and User Actions'''
 
*** '''AI DaveD, Kushal''' persistence with User Actions; Dave working on API prerequisites now; '''AI DaveM''' Import/Export
 
*** '''AI DaveD, Kushal''' persistence with User Actions; Dave working on API prerequisites now; '''AI DaveM''' Import/Export
 
** '''Priority #3: Bugs'''
 
** '''Priority #3: Bugs'''
 
*** Bugzilla: [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_severity=blocker&bug_severity=critical&bug_severity=major&cmdtype=doit Severity Major], [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&cmdtype=doit&field0-0-0=priority&type0-0-0=regexp&value0-0-0=P%5B12%5D&field0-0-1=bug_severity&type0-0-1=regexp&value0-0-1=blocker%7Ccritical%7Cmajor hi-priority]
 
*** Bugzilla: [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_severity=blocker&bug_severity=critical&bug_severity=major&cmdtype=doit Severity Major], [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&cmdtype=doit&field0-0-0=priority&type0-0-0=regexp&value0-0-0=P%5B12%5D&field0-0-1=bug_severity&type0-0-1=regexp&value0-0-1=blocker%7Ccritical%7Cmajor hi-priority]
*** Encoding Issues
+
*** Encoding Issues: Kushal single encoding control for all subsystems?
 +
*** BIDI bugs: Will we adopt ICU4J? (Note according to [[RCP FAQ]], ICU4J is not in the core RCP
 +
*** Who wants to commit patches from kdoyle -- update the [[DSDP/TM/Code Ownership]] page
 
*** EFS: Copy(), Move(); Open Remote Project on Startup: Get rid of IResource dependencies where possible; minimal plugin activations; UI/Non-UI
 
*** EFS: Copy(), Move(); Open Remote Project on Startup: Get rid of IResource dependencies where possible; minimal plugin activations; UI/Non-UI
 
*** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=182454 182454] - what is the meaning of ISystemViewElementAdapter.getAbsoluteName()
 
*** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=182454 182454] - what is the meaning of ISystemViewElementAdapter.getAbsoluteName()

Revision as of 04:47, 24 April 2007

Meeting Title: TM Committer Phone Meeting
Date & Time: Tuesday Apr 24, 2007 at 1500 UTC
Dial-in: International +44 (0)1452 567588
North America +1 (866) 6161738 (toll free)
UK National 08712460713
Passcode: 0587322148 #

MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.
Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call. MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.
Skype fallback dial-in - only if less than 5 participants: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, javier.montalvoorus, tedatteddotnet, michael_scharf, and uwe.stieber.

Attendees

  • IBM - Dave McKnight, Dave Dykstal, Kushal Munir
  • Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orús
  • Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Uwe Stieber, Michael Scharf, Ted Williams

This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).

Notes

News & Review Action Items

Martin 100% [done] Add Import/Export and UDA to I-builds; updated website; moved events to core; 100%
DaveD 70% Persistence Improvements 70%
DaveM 20% Bugfixes 20%
Kushal (?) BIDI Encodings (?)
Javier 50% FTP Parser Extension Point - Problems persisting Property Set 50%
Ted 0% - 0%
Uwe 5% - 5%
Michael 10% 10%

Time Plan and Deadlines toward M7

  • Plan towards M7 - goals and deadlines for I-builds
    • I20070426 -- Major breaking API changes (Martin: getSystemType(), getInstance(); UI/Non-UI; Persistence)
    • I20070503 -- Minor API changes - Final Feature Additions - Feature Freeze (Terminal integration; FTP Parser)
    • I20070510 -- Stabilization, start TM 2.0 M7 Testing on May 14th
    • I20070516 -- TM 2.0M7 (17th is a public holiday in Austria!)

Bugs and open work to be discussed

  • Current Priorities
    • Priority #1: Finish API Changes
      • Javier: FTP parallel download, allowing to register directory listing parser by extension point
      • DaveD: Persistence (for UDA); UI/Non-UI
    • Priority #2: Import/Export and User Actions
      • AI DaveD, Kushal persistence with User Actions; Dave working on API prerequisites now; AI DaveM Import/Export
    • Priority #3: Bugs
      • Bugzilla: Severity Major, hi-priority
      • Encoding Issues: Kushal single encoding control for all subsystems?
      • BIDI bugs: Will we adopt ICU4J? (Note according to RCP FAQ, ICU4J is not in the core RCP
      • Who wants to commit patches from kdoyle -- update the DSDP/TM/Code Ownership page
      • EFS: Copy(), Move(); Open Remote Project on Startup: Get rid of IResource dependencies where possible; minimal plugin activations; UI/Non-UI
      • 182454 - what is the meaning of ISystemViewElementAdapter.getAbsoluteName()


  • General Guidelines
    • Avoid breaking API changes if possible (keep delegate methods, use deprecation)

Vacation, Away

Action Items

  • Last Meeting Action Items
  • DaveD: Remaining changes for Persistence (will be required for User Actions)
  • DaveM: Major bugs for dstore, copying
  • Kushal: BIDI bugs
  • Martin: Testing Stats; Refresh improvements; Integrating Terminal with RSE
  • Javier: FTP parallel download, registering FTP Parser by extension point

Next Meeting