Jump to: navigation, search

DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 23-Jan-2008

Meeting Title: TM Committer Phone Meeting
Date & Time: Wednesday Jan 23, 2007 at 1600 UTC / 1100 Eastern
Dial-in: Martin to call everybody by Skype

Backup dial-in: International +44 (0)1452 567588 / Freephone +1 (866) 6161738 / UK 08712460713 / Passcode: 0587322148 #

MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.
Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call. MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.
Skype dial-in: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, kevin.j.doyle, xuan.chen886, rupen.mardirossian, javier.montalvoorus, tedatteddotnet, michael_scharf, and uwe.stieber.

Invited Attendees

  • IBM - Xuan Chen, Dave McKnight, Kevin Doyle, Dave Dykstal, Rupen Mardirossian
  • Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Uwe Stieber, Michael Scharf, Ted Williams, Eugene Tarassov
  • Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orus

This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).

Agenda

Current Work

  • Skype Call Quality
  • Planning - AI Martin to write up what we discussed in Toronto
    • Think about assigning bugs to target milestones. What goes into 3.0 and what not?
  • Eugene new committer
  • TM Website
    • bug 216197 Bugs link on the side nav bar is broken by that latest changes
    • Kevin: Would like to change the TM website to be more like the Mylyn/RAP sites. Custom Nav bar, front page showing the product instead of a mission statement, etc. Is it okay to make changes in a new folder tm-new? Then can push it to the main site if everyone likes the changes?
    • Martin: Would like to discuss the intended changes before going ahead. But sure you can create any new pages that are not linked from the main page at any time.
    • Martin: Would like to get more dynamic information onto the homepage in an automated manner e.g. automated release notes with milestones
  • Bug Fixing - Remember our 2-fix-per-week / 3 unittests-per-milestone plan
  • DaveD: - bug 160403 Filters should be connection-private by default
    • MacOS X as primary or secondary platform?
    • Hi-Pri P2/Major bugs
  • DaveM: -
    • bug 209703 - Can one property page affect the contents of another property page?
    • bug 209593 - UNIX permissions and ownership
      • Martin finds it odd that IRemoteFile adapts to IFilePermissionsService... shouldn't the IFileService adapt to it?
      • The separation between subsystem layer and service layer gets more and more polluted as concepts from the service layer are introduced into the subsystem layer... (e.g. IHostFilePermissions; constants from IFielService). Should these be kept separate in order to support an IRemoteFileSubsystem that does not need services?
      • Martin thinks that IHostFile objects should be immutable in order to make caching and threading safer - can we get rid of IHostFile#renameTo() ? Only the actual (Service) implementation should be able to create / change IHostFile objects. How to deal with "pending" permissions? Use a queue to avoid duplicate queries in dstore?
  • Kevin: - bug 208778 EFS#APPEND
  • Xuan: -
  • Javier: -
  • Martin: - Need to put Project Plan on the Web; Update Releng scripts to automatically run unit tests at night
  • Uwe: -
  • Rupen: - bug 210682 - Multi-file conflict resolution on Copy
  • Michael: -
  • Questions

Vacation, Away

Action Items

  • Last Meeting Action Items
  • DaveD: fixes, unit tests
  • DaveM: Ask committers about multi-property-dialog; fixes, unit tests; ask Violaine about bug 209704
  • Xuan: fixes, unit tests
  • Kevin: fixes, unit tests
  • Martin: Update bugzilla's; Write-up TM 3.0 Plan; Look at PropertyDescriptor issues; unit tests; Releng Fixes, Newsgroup
  • Javier: fixes, unit tests; document the Symbian internal test setup similar to CVS -- see also CVS_Development#Testing
  • Michael: Terminal improvements

Next Meeting