DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 22-May-2007
|Meeting Title:||TM Committer Phone Meeting|
|Date & Time:||Tuesday May 22, 2007 at 1500 UTC|
|Dial-in:|| International +44 (0)1452 567588|
North America +1 (866) 6161738 (toll free)
UK National 08712460713
Passcode: 0587322148 #
MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.
Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call. MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.
Skype fallback dial-in - only if less than 5 participants: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, javier.montalvoorus, tedatteddotnet, michael_scharf, and uwe.stieber.
- IBM - Dave McKnight, Dave Dykstal, Kushal Munir, Kevin Doyle, Xuan Chen
- Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orús
- Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Michael Scharf, Uwe Stieber
This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).
- Last meeting: DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 15-May-2007
News & Review Action Items
|Martin||100%||RSE bugs (see bugzilla), releaseing M7||100%|
|DaveD||80%||Persistence in metadata, Translations, Mnemonics||80%|
|Javier||30%||FTP Parser Extension Point||30%|
|Michael||10%||Terminal API cleanup, plus small fixes; performance improvements||10%|
Ramp Down Plan
- TM 2.0 Ramp down Plan for Europa, based on Europa Simultaneous Release#Milestones and Release Candidates
- RC1 -- Fri May 25 (5 work days) -- May 30: Release Review Slide Decks due
- RC2 -- Tue Jun 5 (6 work days)
- RC3 -- Thu Jun 14 (7 work days; Martin vacation 12-Jun til 21-Jun!)
- RC4 -- Thu Jun 21 (5 work days)
- EUROPA -- Jun 29
- 1-committer-review recommended for RC1, required afterwards.
- If there are any risky fixes, make them as early as possible, less risky fixes later
- Reviewing assigned bugs regarding priority and potential to defer past 2.0: Individual committers, DaveD+Martin, or Martin alone?
- Avoid breaking API changes from now on (though we can still break API if absolutely necessary)
Bugs and open work to be discussed
- Current Priorities: Fix bugs by Priority
- Javier: Some FTP related bugs; What else are you comfortable? User docs and ISV docs for Discovery?
- DaveD: Translation / Menmonics stuff, 187647 Persistence in Metadata
- 153632 incorrect filterpool for dstore - are we really converging to a single filter pool?
- DaveM: Refresh related bugs; single filter pool?
- Martin: Need to bring Releng scripts up to latest for Orbit; Review and release Telnet fixes; 172650 Capabilities; 176461 expand-to-level; 186315 EFS problematic URIs;
- 170910 Integrate Terminalview -- OK to defer past 2.0?
- Would like to Rename org.eclipse.rse.eclipse.filesystem to org.eclipse.rse.efs -- OK?
- API: Would like to add some "throws" clauses to ISystemRegistry and others to ensure that nobody expects it to show messages (necessary when it is to go into non-UI in the future) -- OK?
- EFS: Copy(), Move(); minimal plugin activations; UI/Non-UI
- Kushal: Single "Encoding" control on the Host (for all subsystems)
- Bugzilla: Severity Major, hi-priority
Plan for the TM Future
Here's a rough outline as a discussion start
- TM 2.0.1 with Europa (in autumn) or slightly earlier
- Work on unittests, isv docs over the summer in HEAD
- Fork off from mainline in autumn
- Will the next TM release be TM 2.1 or TM 3.0?
- We'd probably need 3.0 for further UI/Non-UI, API Polish, finalizing terminal API
- What about IBM/Symbian/WR requirements?
- We could shoot for a 3.0 but strive to keep API changes small and potentially have a compatibility plugin
- Add in next release:
- User actions, Launch Actions, VLM Lab Manager, IPxAct data, Connection Groups
- Integrate in next release:
- WebDAV, Team Sync, Wicked Shell, JArchive
- Potentially move to Platform + 0 level --> move CDT Launcher to CDT Project
- DaveD travelling this week, but that shouldn't affect anything
- Monday May 28 - Pentecost Monday in Austria, Memorial Day in US (public holiday)
- Last Meeting Action Items
- DaveD: Translation Testcases; Persistence Provider without IResource; Get started on ICU4J with bug 183631
- DaveM: Refresh Bugs
- Kushal: BIDI bugs and Encodings
- Martin: Testing Stats; Refresh improvements; Integrating Terminal with RSE