DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 21-Nov-2006
|Meeting Title:||TM Committer Phone Meeting|
|Date & Time:||Tuesday Nov 21, 2006 at 9am SFO / 11.00am Rochester / 12.00pm Toronto / 5pm London / 6pm Salzburg|
|Dial-in:|| International +44 (0)1452 567588|
North America +1 (866) 6161738 (toll free)
UK National 08712460713
Passcode: 0587322148 #
MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.
Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call. MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.
Skype fallback dial-in - only if less than 5 participants: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, javier.montalvoorus, tedatteddotnet, michael_scharf, and uwe.stieber.
- IBM - Dave Dykstal, Dave McKnight, Kushal Munir
- Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orús
- Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Uwe Stieber, Michael Scharf, Ted Williams
- Tradescape - Lothar Werzinger
This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).
- Our top goals
- Grow the Communities - active users and adopters --> tutorial, docs, mailinglist help
- Get the APIs Right --> enable public API discussion --> ISV docs, Wiki API discussion, [api] bugzilla's
- Get our Processes in place --> JUnit, nightly builds, infocenter, update site
- Martin --
- DaveD --
- DaveM --
- Kushal --
- Javier --
- Ted --
- Uwe --
- Michael --
- Other News --
- Top Priorities this week
- #1 - Being responsive - on Newsgroup, Mailinglist and bug reports. We'll probably get lots of new users as we have RSE 1.0. Let's nurture our user community and encourage them to become contributors in case they have requests. Make sure that E-Mail notifications are turned on for bugzilla (and probably also the Wiki FAQ etc.)
- #2 - Continue fixing bugs and improving documentation - Let's make sure that users who have problems with 1.0 can get a subsequent I-build as patch soon after. Let's make sure users get missing documentation wherever needed. Instead of answering a question by E-Mail, let's fix the corresponding documentation or FAQ and point the users to it.
- #3 - Plan RSE 1.0.1 and RSE 2.0
- Work towards RSE 1.0.1
- Start IBM and EMO review process for User Actions and Import/Export (DaveD)
- Start creating Unit Tests, Testing feature (DaveD, Uwe)
- Continue bug fixing on HEAD (All)
- Continue bug verifications for all fixed bugs. Sombody else than the person fixing a bug should verify it.
- Fix compiler warnings (Kushal) - prepare for running FindBugs
- Add ISV Javadoc where it is still missing or incorrect; review, and improve all docs
- 1.0.1 non-breaking API changes: See Evolving Java-based APIs
- Work towards RSE 2.0
- RSE 2.0 Planning - Finalize the 2.0 Project Plan
- Think about limiting the API:
- Make APIs internal
- Along the way of updating documentation, and making Unit tests, we'll see some API we want "internal"
- We should DOCUMENT these for now and DO it soon after 1.0.1
- New bugs: REVIEW Assigned to Inbox, Status NEW
- We should have a longer architecture / planning meeting for upcoming "larger" 2.0 changes soon. Possible Dates?
- API changes: we'll not introduce any api changes between 1.0 and 1.0.1
- But prepare for API changes soon after 1.0.1
- Shall we get rid of unused icons, e.g. rse.ui/icons/full/obj16/system390_obj.gif ?
- Shall we get rid of commented out source code ?
- Change Requests
- Vacations, Holidays etc.
- US Thanksgiving - End of November
- Free discussion -- feelings, comments, critics
- Last Meeting Action Items
- DaveD - Edit Code Ownership. Submit UDA and Import/Export for review; JUnit tests; Hi-Pri bugs. New bug for moving DTD.
- DaveM - Enter Resume into www.eclipsecon.org; Bugs
- Kushal - Bugs
- Martin - Work on 2.0 project plan; TM FAQ on the Wiki; Hi-pri bugs;
- Javier - Hook up with Scott Lewis once SD is committed and works
- Ted - Terminalview; Document the build process