Difference between revisions of "DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 21-Nov-2006"

From Eclipsepedia

< DSDP‎ | TM
Jump to: navigation, search
Line 4: Line 4:
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Date & Time:  
 
| Date & Time:  
| Tuesday [[Nov 21, 2006]] at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2006&month=11&day=21&hour=17&min=00&sec=0&p1=224&p2=159&p3=250&p4=136&p5=223&iv=1800 9am SFO / 11.00am Rochester / 12.00pm Toronto / 5pm London / 6pm Salzburg]
+
| Tuesday [[Nov 21, 2006]] at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2006&month=11&day=21&hour=15&min=00&sec=0&p1=224&p2=159&p3=250&p4=136&p5=223&iv=1800 7am SFO / 9.00am Rochester / 10.00pm Toronto / 3pm London / 4pm Salzburg]
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Dial-in:
 
| Dial-in:
Line 17: Line 17:
 
* IBM - Dave Dykstal, Dave McKnight, Kushal Munir
 
* IBM - Dave Dykstal, Dave McKnight, Kushal Munir
 
* Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orús
 
* Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orús
* Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Uwe Stieber, Michael Scharf, Ted Williams
+
* Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Uwe Stieber, Michael Scharf (Ted Williams n/a)
* Tradescape - Lothar Werzinger
+
* Tradescape - (Lothar Werzinger n/a)
  
 
This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).
 
This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).
  
== Agenda ==
+
== Notes ==
 
* Our top goals
 
* Our top goals
 
** '''Grow the Communities''' - active users and adopters --> tutorial, docs, mailinglist help
 
** '''Grow the Communities''' - active users and adopters --> tutorial, docs, mailinglist help
Line 32: Line 32:
 
| Martin  || 30% || Bug triage; prepared M-builds; signed Jars [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=163421 bug 163421];  Windriver work towards RSE || 80%  
 
| Martin  || 30% || Bug triage; prepared M-builds; signed Jars [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=163421 bug 163421];  Windriver work towards RSE || 80%  
 
|-
 
|-
| DaveD  || 80% || Bug triage and fixing; || 60-80%
+
| DaveD  || 80% || Bug triage [6 hrs] and fixing; Montavista CQ submitted; some IBM work needed for User Commands and Import/Export || 20%
 
|-
 
|-
| DaveM  || 90% || Bug triage and fixing; EFS with Kushal || 90%
+
| DaveM  || 90% || Bug triage [6-8 hrs] and fixing; EFS with Kushal || 80%
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Kushal  || 50% || looked at EFS with DaveM, and encodings; bug triage and fixing. AI assign target milestones || 50%
 
| Kushal  || 50% || looked at EFS with DaveM, and encodings; bug triage and fixing. AI assign target milestones || 50%
 
|-
 
|-
| Javier  || 80% || Fixing FTP bugs - AI Kushal: apply sorting patch || 50%
+
| Javier  || 80% || Fixing FTP bugs || 50%
 
|-
 
|-
| Ted    || 5% || working on Build for DD || 5%
+
| Ted    || 5% || working on Build for DD; decided not to use buckminster || 5%
 
|-
 
|-
| Uwe    || 10% || Nothing new this week, going to work on Unit Tests for RSE || 50-60%  
+
| Uwe    || 10% || Nothing new this week, going to work on Unit Tests for RSE || 50%
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Michael || 50% || Refactoring the Terminal View [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=165177 bug 165177] || 50%
 
| Michael || 50% || Refactoring the Terminal View [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=165177 bug 165177] || 50%
 
|}
 
|}
 +
 +
* Some bugs might need a state like "need to be divided", for example the RemoteTempFiles thing
 +
** Others might need combining into plan items; this will be part of 2.0 planning
 +
* Get the bugcount down for 1.0.1, get simple things off the table
 +
* TempFilesCache: Pathlength; Case sensitivity; think about pathname mangling is separate from the decision whether we want the project in the workspace
 +
**  EFS problems are mostly due to Eclipse Jobs locking the Resource during EFS access -- but on the other hand, we'll need RemoteTempFiles as an Eclipse Resource in order to get the Outline View
 +
  
 
=== Upcoming Work ===
 
=== Upcoming Work ===
Line 54: Line 61:
 
* Work towards RSE 1.0.1
 
* Work towards RSE 1.0.1
 
** Start IBM and EMO review process for User Actions and Import/Export (DaveD)
 
** Start IBM and EMO review process for User Actions and Import/Export (DaveD)
 +
*** Also need a CQ for two Userdoc files for the Internal Comms Daemon
 
** Start creating Unit Tests, Testing feature (DaveD, Uwe)
 
** Start creating Unit Tests, Testing feature (DaveD, Uwe)
 
** Continue bug fixing on HEAD (All)
 
** Continue bug fixing on HEAD (All)
 
** Continue bug verifications for all fixed bugs. Sombody else than the person fixing a bug should verify it.
 
** Continue bug verifications for all fixed bugs. Sombody else than the person fixing a bug should verify it.
 
** Fix compiler warnings (Kushal) - prepare for running FindBugs
 
** Fix compiler warnings (Kushal) - prepare for running FindBugs
 +
*** There is also the TPTP StaticAnalysis thing
 
** Add ISV Javadoc where it is still missing or incorrect; review, and improve all docs
 
** Add ISV Javadoc where it is still missing or incorrect; review, and improve all docs
 
** 1.0.1 non-breaking API changes: See [[Evolving Java-based APIs]]
 
** 1.0.1 non-breaking API changes: See [[Evolving Java-based APIs]]
Line 78: Line 87:
 
* Change Requests
 
* Change Requests
 
* Vacations, Holidays etc.
 
* Vacations, Holidays etc.
** US Thanksgiving - End of November
+
** US Thanksgiving - This week
 
* Free discussion -- feelings, comments, critics
 
* Free discussion -- feelings, comments, critics
 +
** Terminalview will be part
 +
** DaveM already wrote the "multi-command" thing, was able to use some UI stuff e.g. separate tab for each shell; this can be re-used with the Terminal widget
 +
*** Perhaps need some process around sharing "prototypy" things without letting the world know -- some "scratchpad" project in CVS that would contain a bunch of directories for experimental plugins
  
 
== Action Items ==
 
== Action Items ==
 
* [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 14-Nov-2006#Action_Items|Last Meeting]] Action Items
 
* [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 14-Nov-2006#Action_Items|Last Meeting]] Action Items
* '''DaveD''' - Edit Code Ownership. Submit UDA and Import/Export for review; JUnit tests; Hi-Pri bugs. New bug for moving DTD.
+
* '''DaveD''' - Edit Code Ownership. Submit UDA and Import/Export for IBM internal review; JUnit tests; Hi-Pri bugs. New bug for moving DTD.
* '''DaveM''' - Enter Resume into www.eclipsecon.org; Bugs
+
* '''DaveM''' - Bugs
 
* '''Kushal''' - Assign Target Milestones; Bugs
 
* '''Kushal''' - Assign Target Milestones; Bugs
 
* '''Martin''' - Personal Interviews via Skype; Work on [[RSE 2.0 Planning]]; [[TM and RSE FAQ]], improve Wiki and Website (how to contribute); Hi-pri bugs;  
 
* '''Martin''' - Personal Interviews via Skype; Work on [[RSE 2.0 Planning]]; [[TM and RSE FAQ]], improve Wiki and Website (how to contribute); Hi-pri bugs;  
 
* '''Javier''' - Bugs
 
* '''Javier''' - Bugs
* '''Ted''' - Terminalview; Document the build process (DD project), prepare for Europa build
+
* '''Ted''' - Document the build process (DD project), prepare for Europa build
 
* '''Michael''' - Terminalview
 
* '''Michael''' - Terminalview
 
* '''Uwe''' - RSE Systemview performance unit tests
 
* '''Uwe''' - RSE Systemview performance unit tests

Revision as of 12:04, 21 November 2006

Meeting Title: TM Committer Phone Meeting
Date & Time: Tuesday Nov 21, 2006 at 7am SFO / 9.00am Rochester / 10.00pm Toronto / 3pm London / 4pm Salzburg
Dial-in: International +44 (0)1452 567588
North America +1 (866) 6161738 (toll free)
UK National 08712460713
Passcode: 0587322148 #

MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.
Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call. MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.
Skype fallback dial-in - only if less than 5 participants: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, javier.montalvoorus, tedatteddotnet, michael_scharf, and uwe.stieber.

Contents

Attendees

  • IBM - Dave Dykstal, Dave McKnight, Kushal Munir
  • Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orús
  • Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Uwe Stieber, Michael Scharf (Ted Williams n/a)
  • Tradescape - (Lothar Werzinger n/a)

This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).

Notes

  • Our top goals
    • Grow the Communities - active users and adopters --> tutorial, docs, mailinglist help
    • Get the APIs Right --> enable public API discussion --> ISV docs, Wiki API discussion, [api] bugzilla's
    • Get our Processes in place --> JUnit, nightly builds, infocenter, update site

Latest News

Martin 30% Bug triage; prepared M-builds; signed Jars bug 163421; Windriver work towards RSE 80%
DaveD 80% Bug triage [6 hrs] and fixing; Montavista CQ submitted; some IBM work needed for User Commands and Import/Export 20%
DaveM 90% Bug triage [6-8 hrs] and fixing; EFS with Kushal 80%
Kushal 50% looked at EFS with DaveM, and encodings; bug triage and fixing. AI assign target milestones 50%
Javier 80% Fixing FTP bugs 50%
Ted 5% working on Build for DD; decided not to use buckminster 5%
Uwe 10% Nothing new this week, going to work on Unit Tests for RSE 50%
Michael 50% Refactoring the Terminal View bug 165177 50%
  • Some bugs might need a state like "need to be divided", for example the RemoteTempFiles thing
    • Others might need combining into plan items; this will be part of 2.0 planning
  • Get the bugcount down for 1.0.1, get simple things off the table
  • TempFilesCache: Pathlength; Case sensitivity; think about pathname mangling is separate from the decision whether we want the project in the workspace
    • EFS problems are mostly due to Eclipse Jobs locking the Resource during EFS access -- but on the other hand, we'll need RemoteTempFiles as an Eclipse Resource in order to get the Outline View


Upcoming Work

  • Top Priorities this week
    • #1 - Being responsive - on Newsgroup, Mailinglist and bug reports. We'll probably get lots of new users as we have RSE 1.0. Let's nurture our user community and encourage them to become contributors in case they have requests. Make sure that E-Mail notifications are turned on for bugzilla (and probably also the Wiki FAQ etc.)
    • #2 - Continue fixing bugs and improving documentation - Let's make sure that users who have problems with 1.0 can get a subsequent I-build as patch soon after. Let's make sure users get missing documentation wherever needed. Instead of answering a question by E-Mail, let's fix the corresponding documentation or FAQ and point the users to it.
    • #3 - Plan RSE 1.0.1 and RSE 2.0
  • Work towards RSE 1.0.1
    • Start IBM and EMO review process for User Actions and Import/Export (DaveD)
      • Also need a CQ for two Userdoc files for the Internal Comms Daemon
    • Start creating Unit Tests, Testing feature (DaveD, Uwe)
    • Continue bug fixing on HEAD (All)
    • Continue bug verifications for all fixed bugs. Sombody else than the person fixing a bug should verify it.
    • Fix compiler warnings (Kushal) - prepare for running FindBugs
      • There is also the TPTP StaticAnalysis thing
    • Add ISV Javadoc where it is still missing or incorrect; review, and improve all docs
    • 1.0.1 non-breaking API changes: See Evolving Java-based APIs
  • Work towards RSE 2.0

Communications

  • We should have a longer architecture / planning meeting for upcoming "larger" 2.0 changes soon. Possible Dates?
  • DSDP/TM/Code_Ownership
  • API changes: we'll not introduce any api changes between 1.0 and 1.0.1
    • But prepare for API changes soon after 1.0.1
  • Shall we get rid of unused icons, e.g. rse.ui/icons/full/obj16/system390_obj.gif ?
  • Shall we get rid of commented out source code ?
  • Change Requests
  • Vacations, Holidays etc.
    • US Thanksgiving - This week
  • Free discussion -- feelings, comments, critics
    • Terminalview will be part
    • DaveM already wrote the "multi-command" thing, was able to use some UI stuff e.g. separate tab for each shell; this can be re-used with the Terminal widget
      • Perhaps need some process around sharing "prototypy" things without letting the world know -- some "scratchpad" project in CVS that would contain a bunch of directories for experimental plugins

Action Items

  • Last Meeting Action Items
  • DaveD - Edit Code Ownership. Submit UDA and Import/Export for IBM internal review; JUnit tests; Hi-Pri bugs. New bug for moving DTD.
  • DaveM - Bugs
  • Kushal - Assign Target Milestones; Bugs
  • Martin - Personal Interviews via Skype; Work on RSE 2.0 Planning; TM and RSE FAQ, improve Wiki and Website (how to contribute); Hi-pri bugs;
  • Javier - Bugs
  • Ted - Document the build process (DD project), prepare for Europa build
  • Michael - Terminalview
  • Uwe - RSE Systemview performance unit tests

Next Meeting