DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 21-Aug-2007
|Meeting Title:||TM Committer Phone Meeting|
|Date & Time:||Tuesday Aug 21, 2007 at 1500 UTC / 1100 Eastern|
|Dial-in:||Martin to call everybody by Skype|
Backup dial-in: International +44 (0)1452 567588 / Freephone +1 (866) 6161738 / UK 08712460713 / Passcode: 0587322148 #
MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.
Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call. MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.
Skype dial-in: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, kevin.j.doyle, xuan.chen886, rupen.mardirossian, javier.montalvoorus, tedatteddotnet, michael_scharf, and uwe.stieber.
- IBM - Xuan Chen, Kevin Doyle, Dave Dykstal, Rupen Mardirossian
- Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Uwe Stieber
This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).
- Last meeting: DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 14-Aug-2007
- Skype Call Quality
- Very good for everyone (6 attendees, Rupen listening only)
- Reminder: Aug 30th is RC1 as per TM 2.0 Ramp down Plan for Europa#Ramp_down_for_Europa_SR1_.2828-Sep-2007.29, no risky fixes for 2.0.1 after the 30th! (Will fork off a 2.0.1 branch by then)
- Reminder: Start preparing / planning for the DSDP/TM/Face-to-face Meeting Toronto 17-Sep-2007
- DaveD: bug 194802 - NPE when restoring; might be gone in the meantime, analyze / reproduce?
- Analysis by Martin: should be gone by new method of waiting for InitRSEJob; supposedly the problem
- bug 198395 - Connect dstore with expired password - Dave will look at it (IBM only thing)
- bug 197036 - Avoid plugin activation, dont create all filterpools on startup - will be looking at this week, might be possible without API change
- DaveM: bug 196662 - Refresh queries on dispatch thread - is it all fixed now?
- Kevin: bug 168219 - how to treat recursive delete of a tree where some elements are read-only
- Users will want recursive-delete including deleting read-only files. What's the best UI to give it to them?
- DaveD: How are symlinks treated? - will delete the link, not the file linked
- What if there are other authorization problems?
- Right way seems to be to delete what we can delete, and leave the read-only files untouched (That's what EFS does) --> Will need a change of implementation (Local and DStore) to avoid giving up as soon as one error occurs during delete
- Return a MultiStatus to report an accumulate of all the errors (EFS does this, but it's not an absolute must since the read-only ones remain so they can be explored)
- In addition to that, it may be nice to provide additional API in IFileService#delete(), to ask "force" (delete read-only elements by setting them writable before deletion). That API might also go into EFS. Such additional API is more client-server-friendly. After trying delete without "force", users could review the MultiStatus, and then try again with "force".
- Uwe: No news
- Xuan: Investigation on IBM RSE shows that Cmd processing uses a lot of memory (Hashmap, Array of output Strings) - will look at with DaveM
- Rupen: No news
- BugDayAugust2007 -- August 31 -- TM taking part: committers sign up if they can hang out on IRC (channel #eclipse-bugs), add "bugday" keyword to applicable bugs
- Nothing except what's mentioned above
- Labor Day (Sep.3rd in US, CDN also Sep.4th)
- Xuan vacation next week (Aug.27- Sep.2)
- DaveM vacation Aug.6 till Aug.23
- Javier vacation Aug.13 till Aug.31
- Last Meeting Action Items
- DaveD: 2.0.1 important fixes, then Doc bugs (Tutorial)
- DaveM: Ask Pete Nicholls about room for F2F meeting in Toronto; bug 196662 refresh on dispatch thread
- Xuan: Unit Tests
- Kevin: 2.0.1 fixes
- Martin: Look at PropertyDescriptor issues; EFS fixes; unit tests; Migration Docs, EFS Fixes, Releng Fixes, Newsgroup
- Javier: 2.0.1 fixes, unit tests
- Michael: Terminal performance improvements