DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 21-Aug-2007
|Meeting Title:||TM Committer Phone Meeting|
|Date & Time:||Tuesday Aug 14, 2007 at 1500 UTC / 1100 Eastern|
|Dial-in:|| International +44 (0)1452 567588 / Freephone +1 (866) 6161738 / UK 08712460713|
Passcode: 0587322148 #
MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.
Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call. MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.
Skype fallback dial-in - only if less than 5 participants: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, kevin.j.doyle, xuan.chen886, javier.montalvoorus, tedatteddotnet, michael_scharf, and uwe.stieber.
- IBM - Xuan Chen, Kevin Doyle, Dave Dykstal, Dave McKnight
- Wind River - Martin Oberhuber
This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).
- Last meeting: DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 14-Aug-2007
- bug 200557 - DaveM: Review dnd from Project Explorer (bug 192704
- bug 199565, bug 199566, bug 199568 - DaveM: Deadlock issues due to synchronized methods calling out
- bug 168219 - Kevin: how to treat recursive delete of a tree where some elements are read-only
- Looks like we'll need additional API in IFileService#delete() to ask "force" (delete read-only elements by setting them writable before deletion). That API might also go into EFS
- Or, we return errors as a MultiStatus, and allow setting all read-only elements writable right from the table in the confirmation dialog (EFS does not do that)
- Users will want recursive-delete including deleting read-only files. What's the best UI to give it to them?
- Search for read-only-files, set writable, then delete
- Do it all-in-one?
- BugDayAugust2007 -- August 31 -- TM taking part: committers sign up if they can hang out on IRC, add "bugday" keyword to applicable bugs
- Xuan week off end of August
- DaveD vacation Aug.8 till Aug.20
- DaveM vacation Aug.6 till Aug.21
- Javier vacation Aug.13 till Aug.31
- Last Meeting Action Items
- DaveD: 2.0.1 important fixes, then Doc bugs (Tutorial)
- DaveM: Ask Pete Nicholls about room for F2F meeting in Toronto; bug 196662 refresh on dispatch thread
- Xuan: Unit Tests
- Kevin: 2.0.1 fixes
- Martin: Look at PropertyDescriptor issues; EFS fixes; unit tests; Migration Docs, EFS Fixes, Releng Fixes, Newsgroup
- Javier: 2.0.1 fixes, unit tests
- Michael: Terminal performance improvements