Difference between revisions of "DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 21-Aug-2007"

From Eclipsepedia

< DSDP‎ | TM
Jump to: navigation, search
 
(One intermediate revision by one user not shown)
Line 4: Line 4:
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Date & Time:  
 
| Date & Time:  
| Tuesday [[Aug 14, 2007]] at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2007&month=8&day=21&hour=15&min=00&sec=0&p1=224&p2=159&p3=250&p4=136&p5=223&iv=1800 1500 UTC / 1100 Eastern]
+
| Tuesday [[Aug 21, 2007]] at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2007&month=8&day=21&hour=15&min=00&sec=0&p1=224&p2=159&p3=250&p4=136&p5=223&iv=1800 1500 UTC / 1100 Eastern]
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Dial-in:
 
| Dial-in:
| International '''+44 (0)1452 567588''' / Freephone '''+1 (866) 6161738''' / UK '''08712460713'''<br/> Passcode: '''0587322148 #'''
+
| Martin to call everybody by Skype
 
|}
 
|}
 +
 +
Backup dial-in: International '''+44 (0)1452 567588''' / Freephone '''+1 (866) 6161738''' / UK '''08712460713''' / Passcode: '''0587322148 #'''
  
 
MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.<br/>
 
MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.<br/>
 
'''Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call.''' MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.<br/>  
 
'''Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call.''' MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.<br/>  
Skype fallback dial-in - only if less than 5 participants: '''martin.oberhuber''', ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, kevin.j.doyle, xuan.chen886, javier.montalvoorus, tedatteddotnet, michael_scharf, and uwe.stieber.<br/>
+
Skype dial-in: '''martin.oberhuber''', ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, kevin.j.doyle, xuan.chen886, rupen.mardirossian, javier.montalvoorus, tedatteddotnet, michael_scharf, and uwe.stieber.<br/>
  
 
== Attendees ==
 
== Attendees ==
* IBM - Xuan Chen, Kevin Doyle, Dave Dykstal, Dave McKnight
+
* IBM - Xuan Chen, Kevin Doyle, Dave Dykstal, Rupen Mardirossian
* Wind River - Martin Oberhuber
+
* Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Uwe Stieber
  
 
This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).
 
This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).
Line 24: Line 26:
  
 
=== Current Work ===
 
=== Current Work ===
* {{Bug|200557}} - DaveM: Review dnd from Project Explorer ({{Bug|192704}}
+
* '''Skype Call Quality'''
* {{Bug|199565}}, {{Bug|199566}}, {{Bug|199568}} - DaveM: Deadlock issues due to synchronized methods calling out
+
** Very good for everyone (6 attendees, Rupen listening only)
* {{Bug|168219}} - Kevin: how to treat recursive delete of a tree where some elements are read-only
+
* '''Reminder: Aug 30th is RC1''' as per [[TM 2.0 Ramp down Plan for Europa#Ramp_down_for_Europa_SR1_.2828-Sep-2007.29]], no risky fixes for 2.0.1 after the 30th! (Will fork off a 2.0.1 branch by then)
** Looks like we'll need additional API in IFileService#delete() to ask "force" (delete read-only elements by setting them writable before deletion). That API might also go into EFS
+
* '''Reminder: Start preparing / planning''' for the [[DSDP/TM/Face-to-face Meeting Toronto 17-Sep-2007]]
** Or, we return errors as a MultiStatus, and allow setting all read-only elements writable right from the table in the confirmation dialog (EFS does not do that)
+
* '''DaveD:''' {{Bug|194802}} - NPE when restoring; might be gone in the meantime, analyze / reproduce?
 +
** Analysis by Martin: should be gone by new method of waiting for InitRSEJob; supposedly the problem
 +
** {{Bug|198395}} - Connect dstore with expired password - Dave will look at it (IBM only thing)
 +
** {{Bug|197036}} - Avoid plugin activation, dont create all filterpools on startup - will be looking at this week, might be possible without API change
 +
* '''DaveM:''' {{Bug|196662}} - Refresh queries on dispatch thread - is it all fixed now?
 +
** {{Bug|200557}} - Review dnd from Project Explorer ({{Bug|192704}}
 +
** {{Bug|199565}}, {{Bug|199566}}, {{Bug|199568}} - Deadlock issues due to synchronized methods calling out
 +
* '''Kevin:''' {{Bug|168219}} - how to treat recursive delete of a tree where some elements are read-only
 
** Users will want recursive-delete including deleting read-only files. What's the best UI to give it to them?
 
** Users will want recursive-delete including deleting read-only files. What's the best UI to give it to them?
*** Search for read-only-files, set writable, then delete
+
** DaveD: How are symlinks treated? - will delete the link, not the file linked
*** Do it all-in-one?
+
*** What if there are other authorization problems?
* [[BugDayAugust2007]] -- August 31 -- TM taking part: committers sign up if they can hang out on IRC, add "bugday" keyword to applicable bugs
+
*** Right way seems to be to '''delete what we can delete''', and leave the read-only files untouched (That's what EFS does) --> Will need a change of implementation (Local and DStore) to avoid giving up as soon as one error occurs during delete
 +
*** Return a MultiStatus to report an accumulate of all the errors (EFS does this, but it's not an absolute must since the read-only ones remain so they can be explored)
 +
*** In addition to that, it may be nice to provide additional API in IFileService#delete(), to ask "force" (delete read-only elements by setting them writable before deletion). That API might also go into EFS. Such additional API is more client-server-friendly. After trying delete without "force", users could review the MultiStatus, and then try again with "force".
 +
** '''Uwe:''' No news
 +
** '''Xuan:''' Investigation on IBM RSE shows that Cmd processing uses a lot of memory (Hashmap, Array of output Strings) - will look at with DaveM
 +
** '''Rupen:''' No news
 +
* [[BugDayAugust2007]] -- August 31 -- TM taking part: committers sign up if they can hang out on [[IRC]] (channel #eclipse-bugs), add "bugday" keyword to applicable bugs
 
* '''Questions'''
 
* '''Questions'''
 
+
** Nothing except what's mentioned above
  
 
* '''Bugzilla''':  
 
* '''Bugzilla''':  
Line 40: Line 55:
  
 
== Vacation, Away ==
 
== Vacation, Away ==
* Xuan week off end of August
+
* Labor Day (Sep.3rd in US, CDN also Sep.4th)
* DaveD vacation Aug.8 till Aug.20
+
* Xuan vacation next week (Aug.27- Sep.2)
* DaveM vacation Aug.6 till Aug.21
+
* DaveM vacation Aug.6 till Aug.23
 
* Javier vacation Aug.13 till Aug.31
 
* Javier vacation Aug.13 till Aug.31
  

Latest revision as of 10:44, 21 August 2007

Meeting Title: TM Committer Phone Meeting
Date & Time: Tuesday Aug 21, 2007 at 1500 UTC / 1100 Eastern
Dial-in: Martin to call everybody by Skype

Backup dial-in: International +44 (0)1452 567588 / Freephone +1 (866) 6161738 / UK 08712460713 / Passcode: 0587322148 #

MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.
Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call. MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.
Skype dial-in: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, kevin.j.doyle, xuan.chen886, rupen.mardirossian, javier.montalvoorus, tedatteddotnet, michael_scharf, and uwe.stieber.

Contents

[edit] Attendees

  • IBM - Xuan Chen, Kevin Doyle, Dave Dykstal, Rupen Mardirossian
  • Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Uwe Stieber

This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).

[edit] Agenda

[edit] Current Work

  • Skype Call Quality
    • Very good for everyone (6 attendees, Rupen listening only)
  • Reminder: Aug 30th is RC1 as per TM 2.0 Ramp down Plan for Europa#Ramp_down_for_Europa_SR1_.2828-Sep-2007.29, no risky fixes for 2.0.1 after the 30th! (Will fork off a 2.0.1 branch by then)
  • Reminder: Start preparing / planning for the DSDP/TM/Face-to-face Meeting Toronto 17-Sep-2007
  • DaveD: bug 194802 - NPE when restoring; might be gone in the meantime, analyze / reproduce?
    • Analysis by Martin: should be gone by new method of waiting for InitRSEJob; supposedly the problem
    • bug 198395 - Connect dstore with expired password - Dave will look at it (IBM only thing)
    • bug 197036 - Avoid plugin activation, dont create all filterpools on startup - will be looking at this week, might be possible without API change
  • DaveM: bug 196662 - Refresh queries on dispatch thread - is it all fixed now?
  • Kevin: bug 168219 - how to treat recursive delete of a tree where some elements are read-only
    • Users will want recursive-delete including deleting read-only files. What's the best UI to give it to them?
    • DaveD: How are symlinks treated? - will delete the link, not the file linked
      • What if there are other authorization problems?
      • Right way seems to be to delete what we can delete, and leave the read-only files untouched (That's what EFS does) --> Will need a change of implementation (Local and DStore) to avoid giving up as soon as one error occurs during delete
      • Return a MultiStatus to report an accumulate of all the errors (EFS does this, but it's not an absolute must since the read-only ones remain so they can be explored)
      • In addition to that, it may be nice to provide additional API in IFileService#delete(), to ask "force" (delete read-only elements by setting them writable before deletion). That API might also go into EFS. Such additional API is more client-server-friendly. After trying delete without "force", users could review the MultiStatus, and then try again with "force".
    • Uwe: No news
    • Xuan: Investigation on IBM RSE shows that Cmd processing uses a lot of memory (Hashmap, Array of output Strings) - will look at with DaveM
    • Rupen: No news
  • BugDayAugust2007 -- August 31 -- TM taking part: committers sign up if they can hang out on IRC (channel #eclipse-bugs), add "bugday" keyword to applicable bugs
  • Questions
    • Nothing except what's mentioned above

[edit] Vacation, Away

  • Labor Day (Sep.3rd in US, CDN also Sep.4th)
  • Xuan vacation next week (Aug.27- Sep.2)
  • DaveM vacation Aug.6 till Aug.23
  • Javier vacation Aug.13 till Aug.31

[edit] Action Items

  • Last Meeting Action Items
  • DaveD: 2.0.1 important fixes, then Doc bugs (Tutorial)
  • DaveM: Ask Pete Nicholls about room for F2F meeting in Toronto; bug 196662 refresh on dispatch thread
  • Xuan: Unit Tests
  • Kevin: 2.0.1 fixes
  • Martin: Look at PropertyDescriptor issues; EFS fixes; unit tests; Migration Docs, EFS Fixes, Releng Fixes, Newsgroup
  • Javier: 2.0.1 fixes, unit tests
  • Michael: Terminal performance improvements

[edit] Next Meeting