Jump to: navigation, search

DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 20-Sep-2006

< DSDP‎ | TM
Revision as of 11:37, 20 September 2006 by Martin.oberhuber.windriver.com (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Meeting Title: TM Committer Phone Meeting
Date & Time: Wednesday Sep 20, 2006 at 8.00am San Francisco / 10.00am Rochester / 11.00am Toronto / 4.00pm London / 5.00pm Salzburg
Primary Dial-in: +44 (0)1452 567588
USA Freephone Dial-In: +1 (866) 6161738
UK National Dial-In: 08712460713
Passcode: 0587322148 #

Attendees

  • IBM - Dave Dykstal, Dave McKnight, Kushal Munir
  • Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Ted Williams
  • (Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orús - vacation)

Agenda

  • Our top goals
    • Grow the Communities - active users and adopters --> tutorial, docs, mailinglist help
    • Get the APIs Right --> enable public API discussion --> ISV docs, Wiki API discussion, [api] bugzilla's
    • Get our Processes in place --> JUnit, nightly builds, infocenter, update site
  • Latest News
    • Martin -- Updated the Committer HOWTO: Counting lines of code, bug states; Checked in Jakarta Commons Net and Ewas Launch Patch; Release Review Slides; Checked IP-Log... Will we need EMO for 144226 dstore spirit patch? - No
    • DaveD -- Bug work, formatting and fixing javadoc along the way; fixed macbugs, working on profile/team stuff now
    • DaveM -- Bug work, e.g. dstore shell exit problem - harder than expected, output readers dont get notified
    • Kushal -- IBM & Bug work; might need a "Refresh completed" event - Dave and Kushal to discuss this together; rseConfigDefaults removed from ISV docs, but other refactorings not complete yet
    • Javier -- Vacation
    • Ted -- Europa Build Symposion
      • http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Europa_Build_Workshop_Report
      • Recommended to use buckminster as much as possible, as a build tool replacing ant
      • Complaints regarding build process - docs is 34 pages, which are the 3 that everyone wants?
      • All projects are encouraged to have Wiki updated with instructions how to build everyting from source
      • All projects to have RSS feeds in place by January
      • Separate the Build from the Publish
      • Terminalview: want to have something checked in early next week
    • Other News --
  • Upcoming Work
    • Testing and Bug Work are top priorities this week.
      • Sign up on the RSE 1.0 Testing page!
      • Sanity testing I-builds towards M5/RC0: install + 30 minutes
        • Test Update Site at http://download.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm/testUpdates/
        • Martin: Windows XP, Sun j2sdk1.4.2_12, Dstore-Linux, Dstore-unix; normal download minimal install
        • DaveD: Mac, Mac-local, Dstore-local-mac, ssh, dstore; probably Team example (go through tutorial); updateSite; core-install first, upgrade to sdk later
        • DaveM: Linux, Linux-local, Dstore-windows, ; normal download
        • Kushal: Linux, Linux-local, dstore-aix, ssh; updateSite;
        • Ted: Windows, ssh, ftp; normal download SDK
    • New bugs: REVIEW Assigned to Inbox, Status NEW
    • Focus on Stabilization now. Its ok to have a few P2 bugs. Dont destabilize while we are approaching M5/RC0.
      • Open bugs: P1, P2 bugs, API bugs, Open with Patch,
      • Kushal, DaveM to set status ASSIGNED for their new bugs
      • DaveD: 150128 harder than expected, would like to defer: bugfix to persist each of 3 persist-jobs in a row is easier than adding the API for persist on demand
      • DaveM: 153652 copy&paste - drag&drop works always, copy&past fails from remote FS to windows explorer
      • How to defer bugs - lowering priority vs. RESOLUTION=LATER: See the Bug Process Page available from the Committer Howto
    • Test Signup on RSE 1.0 Testing
    • Source Code Style & Cleanness
    • Change Requests
      • SystemRegistry.getTheSystemRegistry() vs. RSEUIPlugin.getSystemRegistry() -- due to pragmatic refactoring, not possible to fix rightnow
    • Features: Jakarta-commons/Net, JUnit-framework, Discovery, EFS-Experimental, WR-Terminal (bug 152826)
      • Making stuff internal - ssh, ftp: Martin; Core: List of candidates from DaveD?
    • Cleanup: API Doc (duplicates in interface and implementation!), JUnit tests, Context help, Test Plans, RSE-7-migration-docs, Copyrights, licenses
  • Other items
    • Tutorial: Update at the end of the release process, change instructions (re-use example code: We dont want to teach PDE)
    • Manual test plans - in work by Martin
    • EFS Experimental feature to be created by Martin
  • Vacations, Holidays etc.
    • Martin - 2 weeks once the baby is here (around Oct.3, but could also be any time now)
    • DaveD taking Oct.12-13 off, 19-20 as well
  • Free discussion -- feelings, comments, critics


Action Items

  • Last Meeting Action Items
  • DaveD - Sign up on RSE 1.0 Testing page, Edit Code Ownership. Fix Copyrights. Sanity-check I-build, Hi-Pri bugs. JUnit. Checkin mappings.csv, New bug for moving DTD, Send "Team" test plans to Martin. SystemRegistry API. Team fixes: Check collapsing persistence Properties nodes to fewer files. Compile a list of suggestions for making classes / packages internal.
  • DaveM - ASSIGN or reassign your NEW bugs; Sign up on RSE 1.0 Testing page, meet Kushal for Dirty Editors. Fix Copyrights. Sanity-check I-build, Hi-pri bugs, Safe bugs; hygiene changes
  • Kushal - ASSIGN or reassign your NEW bugs; Meet DaveM for Dirty Editors; Fix Copyrights. Sanity-check I-build, Hi-pri bugs, Safe bugs; refactoring IConnectorService; send file encoding test resources to martin; review & get rid of rseConfigDefaults; talk to Don about passwordPersistence
  • Martin - Verify 153652; Manual test plan, Create I-build; Bugfixes; EFS feature, Build scripts for CDT and Discovery, API Review, Jakarta-commons; Review if IShellService is sufficient for terminal
  • Javier - Hook up with Scott Lewis once SD is committed
  • Ted - Sanity-check I-build; Terminalview; Document build process


Next Meeting