Difference between revisions of "DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 20-Mar-2007"

From Eclipsepedia

< DSDP‎ | TM
Jump to: navigation, search
(Upcoming Work)
 
(3 intermediate revisions by one user not shown)
Line 4: Line 4:
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Date & Time:  
 
| Date & Time:  
| Wednesday [[Mar 20, 2007]] at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2007&month=3&day=20&hour=16&min=00&sec=0&p1=224&p2=159&p3=250&p4=136&p5=223&iv=1800 1600 UTC]
+
| Tuesday [[Mar 20, 2007]] at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2007&month=3&day=20&hour=16&min=00&sec=0&p1=224&p2=159&p3=250&p4=136&p5=223&iv=1800 1600 UTC]
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Dial-in:
 
| Dial-in:
Line 15: Line 15:
  
 
== Attendees ==
 
== Attendees ==
* IBM - Dave McKnight, Dave Dykstal, Kushal Munir
+
* IBM - Dave McKnight, Dave Dykstal (Kushal Munir n/a)
 
* Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orús
 
* Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orús
* Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Uwe Stieber, Michael Scharf, (Ted Williams)
+
* Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Uwe Stieber, (Michael Scharf n/a, Ted Williams n/a)
  
 
This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).
 
This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).
Line 30: Line 30:
  
 
{|border=1
 
{|border=1
| Martin  || 100% || Commons.net Orbit contribution; Wiki how to contribute; [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=178201 178201] Telnet contribution || 70%
+
| Martin  || 100% || Commons.net Orbit contribution; Wiki how to contribute; [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=178201 178201] Telnet contribution || 50%
 
|-
 
|-
| DaveD  || 100% ||   || 100%
+
| DaveD  || 100% || Still on UI/Non-UI (got hung up on some validators)  || 100%
 
|-
 
|-
| DaveM  ||  50% ||   || 10%
+
| DaveM  ||  10% || No news - hopefully back to 50% next week || 10%
 
|-
 
|-
| Kushal  ||  50% ||   ||  
+
| Kushal  ||  50% || ||  
 
|-
 
|-
| Javier  ||  50% ||   ||  
+
| Javier  ||  10% || No news - working on SD submission  || 50%
 
|-
 
|-
| Ted    ||  0% ||   || 0%
+
| Ted    ||  0% || || 0%
 
|-
 
|-
| Uwe    ||  5% ||   || 5%
+
| Uwe    ||  5% || || 5%
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Michael ||  20% || Terminal Performance || 20%
 
| Michael ||  20% || Terminal Performance || 20%
 
|}
 
|}
 
* New Telnet contribution [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=178201 bug 178201]
 
  
 
=== Upcoming Work ===
 
=== Upcoming Work ===
 
* See also [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 13-Mar-2007#Upcoming_Work|Last Meeting]] for notes
 
* See also [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 13-Mar-2007#Upcoming_Work|Last Meeting]] for notes
* '''Recent pending API Change Discussions'''
+
* '''Recent pending API Change Discussions''' - '''AI Everyone''' to review and comment on bugzilla if any issues
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=173468 173468] Javier standard service name
+
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=173468 173468] Javier standard service name - '''ok'''
 
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=178020 178020] Uwe remove obsolete ISystemViewActionFilter
 
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=178020 178020] Uwe remove obsolete ISystemViewActionFilter
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=178023 178023] Uwe allow extenders return their own extended IHost implementation
+
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=178023 178023] Uwe allow extenders return their own extended IHost implementation. WRT persistence, the Dynamic SystemTypeProvider is responsible for serializing / deserializing its extended Host implementation.
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=178021 178021] Uwe forward testAttribute() to RSESystemType
+
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=178021 178021] Uwe forward testAttribute() to RSESystemType; also performance improvement by caching queries in RSECoreRegistry by id or by name
 
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=177930 177930] Uwe remove getXXXAdapter() from SystemViewAdapterFactory
 
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=177930 177930] Uwe remove getXXXAdapter() from SystemViewAdapterFactory
* '''Top priority''' is getting API things done for M6. Plan items are currently more important than bug priorities. We have 3 weeks to go.
+
** DaveD: removed some property constants (P_ORIGIN, P_COMMAND) will need to re-add for user actions
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=170909 170909] (DaveD, Kushal) User Actions: Still waiting for IP review. Found many icons related to UA and import/export in rse.ui which will need to be moved.
+
*** Martin: These went out of the AbstractSystemViewAdapter namespace when it no longer implements ISystemPropertyConstants. I files [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=178566 bug 178566] as a reminder for migration guide. The fix is that these constants now need to be qualified.
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=170923 170923] (DaveD) UI/Non-UI splitting: Conn.Svc almost done, others will fall nicely into place afterwards. rse.ui/plugin.xml/systemTypes need to go to core
+
* '''Top priority''' is getting API things done for M6. Plan items are currently more important than bug priorities. We have 2 weeks to go (plus 1 week for testing)
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=170932 170932] (DaveD) Default Persistence Provider: mostly non-API
+
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=170909 170909] (DaveD, Kushal) User Actions: Still waiting for IP review. Found many icons related to UA and import/export in rse.ui which will need to be moved. '''AI Martin Inquire on CQ'''
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=170936 170936] (DaveD) Macintosh - machine for unittests? - '''AI Kushal'''
+
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=150498 150498] (Javier) More service-oriented; Multiple subsystems of the same kind - Javier raised [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=174495 bug 174495] for this - what about "No subsystems"? [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=176490 176490] new wizard request, see also "Improve SystemType" below;
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=170926 170926] (DaveM) Improve IFileService: mostly done; Returnvalue for copy; Streams on the Subsystem Layer - '''AI Kushal file 2 bugs'''
+
*** Martin idea: allow multiple file subsystems.
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=150498 150498] (Javier) More service-oriented; Multiple subsystems of the same kind - extenders ok? Discovery? "No subsystems"? [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=176490 176490] new wizard request, see also "Improve SystemType" below
+
**** DaveM: wants to switch service for a given subsystem after created. Wants to share "File" filters between services. Wants to share user actions between multiple shells; Uwe: will need to change context menu actions;
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=170911 170911] (Javier) Discovery
+
**** DaveM: What file subsystem to link with the editor?
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=170916 170916] (Kushal) EFS
+
**** DaveM: Refresh events - when a new file is created under a folder, all file subsystems should be refreshed -- multiple queries to subsystems; Martin -- we can do it today (and discovered issues when doing so), the only difference is that they are under different Host nodes
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=163820 163820] (Kushal) Encodings - '''AI Kushal UnitTests'''
+
**** DaveM: Save in editor - which file subsystem do we use to upload? - first available or the one we opened with - path in the cache is the same! Right now, we keep track of the connection we used when opening the file (Martin: in the future, keep track of the subsystem)
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/showdependencytree.cgi?id=170915 170915] (Martin) Adopt 3.3 Concepts: Jsch -> switch to Platform I-builds? DaveD would like it; Uwe would have problems adopting RSE in Workbench; '''AI Martin''' switch to new build, consume Platform I-builds as Target Platform after next week; tell others when it is time to update
+
**** Capture this discussion on [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=174495 bug 174495]
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=170922 170922] (Martin) Optimize RSE API: ISystemRegistry
+
*** Martin idea: '''dynamic wizard''' to allow FIRST select the subsystems; then press NEXT: wizard will present property pages for all the selected subsystems;
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=170910 170910] (Martin) Integrate Terminal
+
**** Captured this idea in [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=176490 bug 176490]
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=170918 170918] (Martin) Improve SystemType and Wizard: Replace Name by IRSESystemType wherever possible, but keep it for now in Persistence ('''AI DaveD verify''') and if() queries -> these are implementation details later, even replacing Name by Properties since the systemType does have Properties already
+
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=170918 170918] (Martin) Improve SystemType and Wizard: Replace Name by IRSESystemType wherever possible, but keep it for now in Persistence
 
+
*** DaveD finished AI: the Name is actually persisted -- would be good to have some migration in place for changing name -> id; right thing is to start persisting both id and the name, and then gradually stop reading the name. Starting to persist the id is not an API change. There may be API changes down the road when we stop reading names.
 +
*** if() queries -> these are implementation details later, even replacing Name by Properties since the systemType does have Properties already
 
* '''Other API things''' not directly marked as plan item
 
* '''Other API things''' not directly marked as plan item
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=173042 173042] Improved / pluggable '''Refresh''': '''AI Martin''' make a start, DaveM to review
+
** expandTo() - '''AI Martin''' probably connected to async callbacks, non-UI multi path query and event changes for Refresh
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=166338 166338] Asynchronous '''Callbacks''' - '''AI Martin''' to start
+
** '''expandTo()''' - '''AI Martin''' probably connected to async callbacks, non-UI multi path query and event changes for Refresh
+
 
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/showdependencytree.cgi?id=170922 170922] (DaveM, Martin) Making as much as possible "internal"
 
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/showdependencytree.cgi?id=170922 170922] (DaveM, Martin) Making as much as possible "internal"
 
+
*** '''AI DaveM, DaveD try to identify more things to make internal'''
* '''Other Business'''
+
** '''Cleanup''': JDT Cleanup wizard, '''AI Martin start with one plugin'''
+
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/showdependencytree.cgi?id=170915 170915] (DaveM) Getting rid of Platform "internal" access
+
** add '''unit tests''' for all new or modified API
+
 
+
'''Priorities''' are folded into the Action Items below
+
  
 
=== Other Stuff to Do ===
 
=== Other Stuff to Do ===
* '''1. Play well with the Platform'''
+
* [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=174945 174945] General code cleanup - get rid of unused icons, comments, properties
** capabilities; icu4j; Orbit; ssh prefs; drag&drop
+
* '''Update Copyright Year to 2007 if you happen to think about it'''
** retargetable actions/commands instead of actionsets;
+
* Please continue on Compiler Warnings
* '''2. Improve overall quality (unit tests; special characters; long filenames; background jobs; parallel access; logging; ...)
+
* '''3. New Features'''
+
** Persistence-as-xmlfile; Service enablement
+
* '''4. Cleanup/Optimization'''
+
** Remove RSE Performance Logging; place contents of logging into core
+
** Reduce number of plugins (once UI/Non-UI separation is done, and once we have Capabilities: have e.g. ssh.core and ssh.ui but not more)
+
*** Move org.eclipse.rse.connectorservice.local into org.eclipse.rse.subsystems.core
+
*** org.eclipse.rse.subsystems.core (collapse files.core, processes.core, shells.core)
+
*** org.eclipse.rse.subsystems.dstore (collapse files.dstore, processes.dsore, shells.dstore)
+
** '''Build Process Improvements'''
+
*** Orbit bundles to be added differently
+
*** Unittests to run every night (Ted's scripts)
+
*** Version Number Changes to be done by Martin
+
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=174945 174945] General code cleanup - get rid of unused icons, comments, properties
+
** '''Update Copyright Year to 2007 if you happen to think about it'''
+
** Please continue on Compiler Warnings
+
  
 
=== Communications ===
 
=== Communications ===
* '''Europa Requirements'''
 
** '''Avoiding non-API from other projects'''
 
*** '''AI Martin''' create bugzilla against CDT
 
** Update Wiki to explain whether SDK contains examples --> '''AI Martin''' wait for Platform and adapt
 
* For bugs, see the [http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm/development/bug_process.php bug process page] (assigned to inbox, plan items, status new, hi-priority, API, open with patch, assigned to M6) -- 54 right now
 
* Change Requests
 
 
* Vacations, Holidays etc.
 
* Vacations, Holidays etc.
 
** Martin on vacation Friday 23-Mar till Wednesday 28-Mar
 
** Martin on vacation Friday 23-Mar till Wednesday 28-Mar
 
* Free discussion -- feelings, comments, critics
 
* Free discussion -- feelings, comments, critics
** '''May need another meeting this week once we get hold of Kushal and Javier'''
+
** Javier: IBM extension for "Attach" launch from the Processes subsystem
 +
*** DaveM: There is generic Launch support for remote source locator; Also, IBM has a Remote Java Launch Config for RSE; Beyond that, IBM products have support for dealing with "a remote debugger". Given a selection from Processes, it was able to prefill.
 +
**** Martin: The hard part was finding an existing "attach" kind launch with same properties and re-use it
 +
**** Uwe: Eclipse 3.3M6 coming up with "contextual Launches" solving much of these issues - in case there multiple similar matching Launches, it pops up a dialog to prompt the user for which one to use
 +
**** DaveM: Looks like contributing IBM stuff is more work than writing the code from scratch (3 hrs of work for DaveM) - try to do it in a debugger independent, extendable way
 +
**** Uwe: The DD project thinks about debugger services framework... dont interfere too much with them
 +
*** Javier doesnt need it right now but may need it in the future - people asked like "what can I do with the processes subsystem"
 +
*** DaveM: There are 2 more RSE plugins which are not yet in open source but would make sense: Common Source Locator and Remote Java Debug
 +
*** Decision: '''AI DaveM''' talk with DaveD, get IBM contribution of these 2 plugins started. No contribution for remote C/C++ debug attach. Should be done from scratch, using 3.3M6 context launches and basing on CDT attach launch as well as current remotecdt launch, by whoever think he can use it for his product.
  
 
== Action Items ==
 
== Action Items ==
 
* [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 13-Mar-2007#Action_Items|Last Meeting]] Action Items
 
* [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 13-Mar-2007#Action_Items|Last Meeting]] Action Items
* '''DaveD''' - Check whether systemType name is persisted; Refactoring UI/Non-UI
+
* '''Everyone''' - Review recent pending API change bugzilla's and comment on them if there are any issues
* '''DaveM''' - Review Refresh; Bugs & Unit tests
+
* '''DaveD''' - Search more packages and classes to make "internal", report on mailing list; Refactoring UI/Non-UI
* '''Kushal''' - EFS, Subsystem Bugs, Encoding Tests; Talk to DaveD re Comm Server; Bugs & Unit Tests
+
* '''DaveM''' - Search more packages and classes to make "internal", report on mailing list; Talk with DaveD regarding open-sourcing Remote Source Lookup and Java Launch;
* '''Martin''' - Website updates (M5); Migrate build to Ted's scripts; Bugs & Unit Tests; Personal Interviews via Skype;
+
* '''Kushal''' - EFS, File bugs for Streams on Subsystem Layer; Encoding Tests; Allocate Mac for nightly tests; Talk to DaveD re Comm Server; Bugs & Unit Tests
 +
* '''Martin''' - Inquire User Actions CQ; Put multi-subsystem-discussion on bugzilla; Website updates (M5, Eclipsecon, Webinar); Work on Refresh, ExpandTo, Callbacks; Adopt new Platform SSH organization; Replace systemType name by IRSESystemType in IHost; Integrate Terminal in RSE; Test JDT Cleanup Wizard on one plugin; Bugzilla against CDT; Update feature.properties for Europa; Migrate build to Ted's scripts; Bugs & Unit Tests; Personal Interviews via Skype;
 
* '''Javier''' - Improve SD; Bugs & Unit Tests
 
* '''Javier''' - Improve SD; Bugs & Unit Tests
 
* '''Ted''' -  
 
* '''Ted''' -  
Line 130: Line 108:
  
 
== Next Meeting ==
 
== Next Meeting ==
* [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 29-Mar-2007]] at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2007&month=3&day=29&hour=15&min=00&sec=0&p1=224&p2=159&p3=250&p4=136&p5=223&iv=1800 1500 UTC] - '''attention: DST change in Europe:''' now we keep the meeting time for Europe but in US and Canada it is 1 hour earlier!
+
* [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 29-Mar-2007]] at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2007&month=3&day=29&hour=14&min=00&sec=0&p1=224&p2=159&p3=250&p4=136&p5=223&iv=1800 1400 UTC] - '''attention: DST change in Europe:''' 2 hrs / 1 hr earlier!
  
 
[[Category:DSDP/TM]]
 
[[Category:DSDP/TM]]

Latest revision as of 06:00, 5 April 2007

Meeting Title: TM Committer Phone Meeting
Date & Time: Tuesday Mar 20, 2007 at 1600 UTC
Dial-in: International +44 (0)1452 567588
North America +1 (866) 6161738 (toll free)
UK National 08712460713
Passcode: 0587322148 #

MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.
Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call. MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.
Skype fallback dial-in - only if less than 5 participants: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, javier.montalvoorus, tedatteddotnet, michael_scharf, and uwe.stieber.

Contents

[edit] Attendees

  • IBM - Dave McKnight, Dave Dykstal (Kushal Munir n/a)
  • Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orús
  • Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Uwe Stieber, (Michael Scharf n/a, Ted Williams n/a)

This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).

[edit] Notes

  • Our top goals
    • Grow the Communities - active users and adopters --> tutorial, docs, mailinglist help: being responsive
    • Get the APIs Right --> enable public API discussion --> ISV docs, Wiki API discussion, [api] bugzilla's
    • Get our Processes in place --> JUnit, nightly builds, infocenter, update site

[edit] News & Review Action Items

Martin 100% Commons.net Orbit contribution; Wiki how to contribute; 178201 Telnet contribution 50%
DaveD 100% Still on UI/Non-UI (got hung up on some validators) 100%
DaveM 10% No news - hopefully back to 50% next week 10%
Kushal 50% -
Javier 10% No news - working on SD submission 50%
Ted 0% - 0%
Uwe 5% - 5%
Michael 20% Terminal Performance 20%

[edit] Upcoming Work

  • See also Last Meeting for notes
  • Recent pending API Change Discussions - AI Everyone to review and comment on bugzilla if any issues
    • 173468 Javier standard service name - ok
    • 178020 Uwe remove obsolete ISystemViewActionFilter
    • 178023 Uwe allow extenders return their own extended IHost implementation. WRT persistence, the Dynamic SystemTypeProvider is responsible for serializing / deserializing its extended Host implementation.
    • 178021 Uwe forward testAttribute() to RSESystemType; also performance improvement by caching queries in RSECoreRegistry by id or by name
    • 177930 Uwe remove getXXXAdapter() from SystemViewAdapterFactory
    • DaveD: removed some property constants (P_ORIGIN, P_COMMAND) will need to re-add for user actions
      • Martin: These went out of the AbstractSystemViewAdapter namespace when it no longer implements ISystemPropertyConstants. I files bug 178566 as a reminder for migration guide. The fix is that these constants now need to be qualified.
  • Top priority is getting API things done for M6. Plan items are currently more important than bug priorities. We have 2 weeks to go (plus 1 week for testing)
    • 170909 (DaveD, Kushal) User Actions: Still waiting for IP review. Found many icons related to UA and import/export in rse.ui which will need to be moved. AI Martin Inquire on CQ
    • 150498 (Javier) More service-oriented; Multiple subsystems of the same kind - Javier raised bug 174495 for this - what about "No subsystems"? 176490 new wizard request, see also "Improve SystemType" below;
      • Martin idea: allow multiple file subsystems.
        • DaveM: wants to switch service for a given subsystem after created. Wants to share "File" filters between services. Wants to share user actions between multiple shells; Uwe: will need to change context menu actions;
        • DaveM: What file subsystem to link with the editor?
        • DaveM: Refresh events - when a new file is created under a folder, all file subsystems should be refreshed -- multiple queries to subsystems; Martin -- we can do it today (and discovered issues when doing so), the only difference is that they are under different Host nodes
        • DaveM: Save in editor - which file subsystem do we use to upload? - first available or the one we opened with - path in the cache is the same! Right now, we keep track of the connection we used when opening the file (Martin: in the future, keep track of the subsystem)
        • Capture this discussion on bug 174495
      • Martin idea: dynamic wizard to allow FIRST select the subsystems; then press NEXT: wizard will present property pages for all the selected subsystems;
    • 170918 (Martin) Improve SystemType and Wizard: Replace Name by IRSESystemType wherever possible, but keep it for now in Persistence
      • DaveD finished AI: the Name is actually persisted -- would be good to have some migration in place for changing name -> id; right thing is to start persisting both id and the name, and then gradually stop reading the name. Starting to persist the id is not an API change. There may be API changes down the road when we stop reading names.
      • if() queries -> these are implementation details later, even replacing Name by Properties since the systemType does have Properties already
  • Other API things not directly marked as plan item
    • expandTo() - AI Martin probably connected to async callbacks, non-UI multi path query and event changes for Refresh
    • 170922 (DaveM, Martin) Making as much as possible "internal"
      • AI DaveM, DaveD try to identify more things to make internal

[edit] Other Stuff to Do

  • 174945 General code cleanup - get rid of unused icons, comments, properties
  • Update Copyright Year to 2007 if you happen to think about it
  • Please continue on Compiler Warnings

[edit] Communications

  • Vacations, Holidays etc.
    • Martin on vacation Friday 23-Mar till Wednesday 28-Mar
  • Free discussion -- feelings, comments, critics
    • Javier: IBM extension for "Attach" launch from the Processes subsystem
      • DaveM: There is generic Launch support for remote source locator; Also, IBM has a Remote Java Launch Config for RSE; Beyond that, IBM products have support for dealing with "a remote debugger". Given a selection from Processes, it was able to prefill.
        • Martin: The hard part was finding an existing "attach" kind launch with same properties and re-use it
        • Uwe: Eclipse 3.3M6 coming up with "contextual Launches" solving much of these issues - in case there multiple similar matching Launches, it pops up a dialog to prompt the user for which one to use
        • DaveM: Looks like contributing IBM stuff is more work than writing the code from scratch (3 hrs of work for DaveM) - try to do it in a debugger independent, extendable way
        • Uwe: The DD project thinks about debugger services framework... dont interfere too much with them
      • Javier doesnt need it right now but may need it in the future - people asked like "what can I do with the processes subsystem"
      • DaveM: There are 2 more RSE plugins which are not yet in open source but would make sense: Common Source Locator and Remote Java Debug
      • Decision: AI DaveM talk with DaveD, get IBM contribution of these 2 plugins started. No contribution for remote C/C++ debug attach. Should be done from scratch, using 3.3M6 context launches and basing on CDT attach launch as well as current remotecdt launch, by whoever think he can use it for his product.

[edit] Action Items

  • Last Meeting Action Items
  • Everyone - Review recent pending API change bugzilla's and comment on them if there are any issues
  • DaveD - Search more packages and classes to make "internal", report on mailing list; Refactoring UI/Non-UI
  • DaveM - Search more packages and classes to make "internal", report on mailing list; Talk with DaveD regarding open-sourcing Remote Source Lookup and Java Launch;
  • Kushal - EFS, File bugs for Streams on Subsystem Layer; Encoding Tests; Allocate Mac for nightly tests; Talk to DaveD re Comm Server; Bugs & Unit Tests
  • Martin - Inquire User Actions CQ; Put multi-subsystem-discussion on bugzilla; Website updates (M5, Eclipsecon, Webinar); Work on Refresh, ExpandTo, Callbacks; Adopt new Platform SSH organization; Replace systemType name by IRSESystemType in IHost; Integrate Terminal in RSE; Test JDT Cleanup Wizard on one plugin; Bugzilla against CDT; Update feature.properties for Europa; Migrate build to Ted's scripts; Bugs & Unit Tests; Personal Interviews via Skype;
  • Javier - Improve SD; Bugs & Unit Tests
  • Ted -
  • Michael - Terminal Performance Improvements
  • Uwe -

[edit] Next Meeting