Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 20-Feb-2008"

< DSDP‎ | TM
(New page: {|border=1 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=4 | Meeting Title: | '''TM Committer Phone Meeting''' |- | Date & Time: | Wednesday Feb 20, 2007 at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meeting...)
 
 
(4 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 4: Line 4:
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Date & Time:  
 
| Date & Time:  
| Wednesday [[Feb 20, 2007]] at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2008&month=2&day=20&hour=16&min=00&sec=0&p1=224&p2=159&p3=250&p4=136&p5=223&iv=1800 1600 UTC / 1100 Eastern]
+
| Wednesday [[Feb 20, 2008]] at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2008&month=2&day=20&hour=16&min=00&sec=0&p1=224&p2=159&p3=250&p4=136&p5=223&iv=1800 1600 UTC / 1100 Eastern]
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Dial-in:
 
| Dial-in:
Line 16: Line 16:
 
Skype dial-in: '''martin.oberhuber''', ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, kevin.j.doyle, xuan.chen886, rupen.mardirossian, javier.montalvoorus, eugenetarassov, tedatteddotnet, michael_scharf, and uwe.stieber.<br/>
 
Skype dial-in: '''martin.oberhuber''', ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, kevin.j.doyle, xuan.chen886, rupen.mardirossian, javier.montalvoorus, eugenetarassov, tedatteddotnet, michael_scharf, and uwe.stieber.<br/>
  
== Invited Attendees ==
+
== Attendees ==
* IBM - Xuan Chen, Dave McKnight, Kevin Doyle, Dave Dykstal, Rupen Mardirossian
+
* IBM - Xuan Chen, Dave McKnight
* Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Uwe Stieber, Michael Scharf, Eugene Tarassov
+
* Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Uwe Stieber, Michael Scharf
 
* Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orus
 
* Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orus
  
 
This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).
 
This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).
  
== Agenda ==
+
== Notes ==
 
* Last meeting: [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 6-Feb-2008]]
 
* Last meeting: [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 6-Feb-2008]]
  
 
=== Current Work ===
 
=== Current Work ===
* '''Skype Call Quality'''
+
* '''Skype Call Quality''' - excellent, no probs
 
* '''M5 retrospective'''
 
* '''M5 retrospective'''
 +
** First bugs found thanks to Unit tests (Yeah!): TAR archive handling
 +
** {{Bug|219086}} fixed in unit tests: Flush event loop in tearDown -- leads to other bugs in HostMoveTest, {{bug|219101}}
 +
** Late-breaking {{bug|219260}} :-(
 +
** Need all unit tests enabled in nightly builds - need to use Uwe's Connection Property classes, see '''FTPFileSubsystemTestCase''' - '''AI Xuan, DaveM, Kevin''' Use Properties for unit tests
 +
* '''Next Steps'''
 
** '''First PII drop on Feb 25th, Deadline until end of M6'''; try to minimize any wholesale changes after Feb.25th
 
** '''First PII drop on Feb 25th, Deadline until end of M6'''; try to minimize any wholesale changes after Feb.25th
** PII Changes for UI/Non-UI Splitting e.g. {{Bug|190231}} SubSystem, {{Bug|211067}} SystemMessages in Services
+
** PII Changes for UI/Non-UI Splitting e.g. {{Bug|190231}} SubSystem, {{Bug|211067}} SystemMessages in Services, {{Bug|216252}} SystemMessages refactoring - '''AI Everyone''' Review {{Bug|216252}}
* '''[[TM 2.0 Ramp down Plan for Europa#Ramp_down_for_Europa_SR2_.2829-Feb-2007.29|TM 2.0.3]]''' upcoming Feb.29 --  [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&target_milestone=2.0.3&cmdtype=doit 2.0.3 assigned bugs]
+
*** Xuan will be running checkpii tool
 +
** '''Hi-pri-bugs; apply patches'''
 +
*** Community Contributions from '''Radoslav Gerganov''', '''Johnson Ma''' (tgz handler)
 +
** '''[[TM 2.0 Ramp down Plan for Europa#Ramp_down_for_Europa_SR2_.2829-Feb-2007.29|TM 2.0.3]]''' upcoming Feb.29 --  [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&target_milestone=2.0.3&cmdtype=doit 2.0.3 assigned bugs]
 
* '''Planning''' - '''AI Martin''' to write up what we discussed in Toronto
 
* '''Planning''' - '''AI Martin''' to write up what we discussed in Toronto
 
** Think about assigning bugs to target milestones. What goes into 3.0 and what not?
 
** Think about assigning bugs to target milestones. What goes into 3.0 and what not?
 
* TM Website
 
* TM Website
 +
** Martin added [http://dsdp.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm/searchcvs.php?q=&project=0 searchcvs], [http://dsdp.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm/news/relnotes.php?project=rse&version=HEAD relnotes], [http://dsdp.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm/feeds/builds-rse.xml RSS-Feed] (manually created for now); required changing the left-bar-menu into hardcoded items
 +
** dsdp.eclipse.org now also holds the website (build.eclipse.org will do soon) in order to support auto-builds, relnotes, searchcvs
 +
** Martin incorporated some of Kevin's suggestions (new "Bugs" link; left-menu)
 
* Bug Fixing - '''Remember our 2-fix-per-week / 3 unittests-per-milestone plan'''
 
* Bug Fixing - '''Remember our 2-fix-per-week / 3 unittests-per-milestone plan'''
 
** Since our [[DSDP/TM/Face-to-face Meeting Toronto 17-Sep-2007]] it's now 22 weeks / 4 milestones, so each committer is due 44 fixes / 8 unittests
 
** Since our [[DSDP/TM/Face-to-face Meeting Toronto 17-Sep-2007]] it's now 22 weeks / 4 milestones, so each committer is due 44 fixes / 8 unittests
 
** Current situation is on [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/report.cgi?x_axis_field=&y_axis_field=assigned_to&z_axis_field=&query_format=report-table&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=RESOLVED&bug_status=VERIFIED&bug_status=CLOSED&chfieldfrom=2007-09-17&chfieldto=Now&chfield=bug_status&chfieldvalue=RESOLVED&format=table&action=wrap&negate0=1&field0-0-0=resolution&type0-0-0=equals&value0-0-0=DUPLICATE this bugzilla report]
 
** Current situation is on [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/report.cgi?x_axis_field=&y_axis_field=assigned_to&z_axis_field=&query_format=report-table&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=RESOLVED&bug_status=VERIFIED&bug_status=CLOSED&chfieldfrom=2007-09-17&chfieldto=Now&chfield=bug_status&chfieldvalue=RESOLVED&format=table&action=wrap&negate0=1&field0-0-0=resolution&type0-0-0=equals&value0-0-0=DUPLICATE this bugzilla report]
** Unittests: Xuan, DaveM, Javier added some; Martin 0; not sure about others; Martin working on Releng scripts next
+
** Unittests: when adding a test, please add the tag '''//-test-author:YourName''' in front of it
* Next [[BugDay/February_2008]] on Feb 29
+
*** DaveM - 5
 +
*** DaveD - 21
 +
*** KevinD - 11
 +
*** MartinO - 3
 +
*** TobiasS - 3
 +
*** UweS - 7
 +
*** XuanC - 51
 +
*** '''Total - 101'''
 +
*** Javier - 0
 
* '''Javier''' busy until end of Feb; no time for Eclipse currently
 
* '''Javier''' busy until end of Feb; no time for Eclipse currently
* '''DaveD's''' lazy init done. {{Bug|217556}} ServiceSubSystem
+
* '''DaveD's''' - n/a today
** What if a subsystem does not have a service layer? - Return null for getServiceType()
+
** Existing code that checks whether something has a service needs to be changed: '''AI DaveD''' Find references to IServiceSubSystem
+
** {{bug|217894}} Subsystem Configuration Families - subsystem category would be orthogonal to subsystem family -- family would be related to connector service -- '''AI All''' comment on the bug
+
** Import/export connections rather than profiles - extend the persistence provider for import/export. Use a profile that only contains those things relevant to the exported elements, and merge it on import (or instantiate + copy).
+
*** This is maybe related to {{Bug|160403}} Filters should be connection-private by default
+
 
* '''DaveM:''' -  
 
* '''DaveM:''' -  
 +
** {{Bug|216252}} SystemMessages refactoring
 
** EFS and encodings - No response from platform or TPF teams
 
** EFS and encodings - No response from platform or TPF teams
 
** (TPF) product teams extended SystemView in the past, no response from them
 
** (TPF) product teams extended SystemView in the past, no response from them
* '''Kevin:''' -  
+
* '''Kevin:''' - n/a today
* '''Xuan:''' - Need to add plugin org.eclipse.rse.useractions into build.  Needed by IBM (after M5)
+
* '''Xuan:''' - Need to add plugin org.eclipse.rse.useractions into build.  Needed by IBM (after M5) - '''AI Martin''' want a separate download
 +
** {{bug|185554}} dynamic menus
 +
** Will mostly be busy with IBM / Migration work
 +
** NL Testing: want to be finished by March 21, how much work? - Martin: Try SearchCVS: It knows all files in CVS, all commits, all dates etc in a database
 
* '''Martin:''' - Need to put Project Plan on the Web; Update Releng scripts to automatically run unit tests at night
 
* '''Martin:''' - Need to put Project Plan on the Web; Update Releng scripts to automatically run unit tests at night
* '''Uwe:''' -  
+
** Searchcvs, Relnotes done; Little more work needed on web-build and promote.sh
* '''Rupen:''' - {{Bug|210682}} - Multi-file conflict resolution on Copy - dialog ready, jpeg posted on the bug
+
** Next tasks - TM 2.0.3; Move SubsystemConfiguration implementation into non-UI; Lazy loading of SubsystemConfiguration (use the Proxy more); Lazy loading of UI adapters
* '''Michael:''' -  
+
** {{bug|218947}} '''IRemotePath''' idea
 +
*** DaveM: Could we use IHostFile instead of IRemotePath? - Martin: Looks like IHostPath only exists when connected
 +
*** Xuan: API changes are problematic - Migration will start in 1 month
 +
**** API Freeze by M6 - would that also mean we cannot add classes, methods? - Martin: dont need to be super strict.
 +
**** Martin: Migration could be stepwise, if we are able to convert String into IRemotePath and vice versa
 +
*** DaveM: Naming convention -- IHostPath instead of IRemotePath since located in the Service?
 +
* '''Uwe:''' - Won't have much time for Open Source
 +
* '''Rupen:''' - n/a today
 +
* '''Michael:''' - nothing new
 
* '''Questions'''
 
* '''Questions'''
  
Line 67: Line 93:
 
== Action Items ==
 
== Action Items ==
 
* [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 6-Feb-2008#Action_Items|Last Meeting]] Action Items
 
* [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 6-Feb-2008#Action_Items|Last Meeting]] Action Items
* '''DaveD''': fixes, unit tests
+
* '''Everyone''': Review {{bug|216252}} SystemMessages refactoring
* '''DaveM''':  
+
* '''DaveD''': Fix {{bug|219101}} HostMoveTest
* '''Xuan''': fixes, unit tests
+
* '''DaveM''': Use Properties for Unit Tests
* '''Kevin''': fixes, unit tests
+
* '''Xuan''': Use Properties for Unit Tests
* '''Martin''': Update bugzilla's; Write-up TM 3.0 Plan; Look at PropertyDescriptor issues; unit tests; Releng Fixes, Newsgroup
+
* '''Kevin''': Use Properties for Unit Tests; Website Updates
* '''Javier''': fixes, unit tests; document the Symbian internal test setup similar to [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=204138#c20 CVS] -- see also [[CVS_Development#Testing]]
+
* '''Martin''': Add UserActions to build/downloads; finish new releng; Write-up TM 3.0 Plan; Look at PropertyDescriptor issues; unit tests; Newsgroup
 +
* '''Javier''': add unit tests; document the Symbian internal test setup similar to [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=204138#c20 CVS] -- see also [[CVS_Development#Testing]]
 
* '''Michael''': Terminal improvements
 
* '''Michael''': Terminal improvements
  
 
== Next Meeting ==
 
== Next Meeting ==
* BugDay
+
* Next [[BugDay/February_2008]] on Feb 29
* EclipseCon?
+
* EclipseCon March 17-20: Martin, Michael - no other committers
 
* [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 5-Mar-2008]] (2 weeks) at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2008&month=3&day=5&hour=16&min=00&sec=0&p1=224&p2=159&p3=250&p4=136&p5=223&iv=1800 1600 UTC]
 
* [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 5-Mar-2008]] (2 weeks) at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2008&month=3&day=5&hour=16&min=00&sec=0&p1=224&p2=159&p3=250&p4=136&p5=223&iv=1800 1600 UTC]
 
* Monthly [[DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 5-Mar-2008]] at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=3&day=5&year=2008&hour=16&min=00&sec=0&p1=0 9am PST / 1700 UTC]
 
* Monthly [[DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 5-Mar-2008]] at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=3&day=5&year=2008&hour=16&min=00&sec=0&p1=0 9am PST / 1700 UTC]

Latest revision as of 11:57, 20 February 2008

Meeting Title: TM Committer Phone Meeting
Date & Time: Wednesday Feb 20, 2008 at 1600 UTC / 1100 Eastern
Dial-in: Martin to call everybody by Skype

Backup dial-in: International +44 (0)1452 567588 / Freephone +1 (866) 6161738 / UK 08712460713 / Passcode: 0587322148 #

MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.
Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call. MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.
Skype dial-in: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, kevin.j.doyle, xuan.chen886, rupen.mardirossian, javier.montalvoorus, eugenetarassov, tedatteddotnet, michael_scharf, and uwe.stieber.

Attendees

  • IBM - Xuan Chen, Dave McKnight
  • Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Uwe Stieber, Michael Scharf
  • Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orus

This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).

Notes

Current Work

  • Skype Call Quality - excellent, no probs
  • M5 retrospective
    • First bugs found thanks to Unit tests (Yeah!): TAR archive handling
    • bug 219086 fixed in unit tests: Flush event loop in tearDown -- leads to other bugs in HostMoveTest, bug 219101
    • Late-breaking bug 219260 :-(
    • Need all unit tests enabled in nightly builds - need to use Uwe's Connection Property classes, see FTPFileSubsystemTestCase - AI Xuan, DaveM, Kevin Use Properties for unit tests
  • Next Steps
    • First PII drop on Feb 25th, Deadline until end of M6; try to minimize any wholesale changes after Feb.25th
    • PII Changes for UI/Non-UI Splitting e.g. bug 190231 SubSystem, bug 211067 SystemMessages in Services, bug 216252 SystemMessages refactoring - AI Everyone Review bug 216252
      • Xuan will be running checkpii tool
    • Hi-pri-bugs; apply patches
      • Community Contributions from Radoslav Gerganov, Johnson Ma (tgz handler)
    • TM 2.0.3 upcoming Feb.29 -- 2.0.3 assigned bugs
  • Planning - AI Martin to write up what we discussed in Toronto
    • Think about assigning bugs to target milestones. What goes into 3.0 and what not?
  • TM Website
    • Martin added searchcvs, relnotes, RSS-Feed (manually created for now); required changing the left-bar-menu into hardcoded items
    • dsdp.eclipse.org now also holds the website (build.eclipse.org will do soon) in order to support auto-builds, relnotes, searchcvs
    • Martin incorporated some of Kevin's suggestions (new "Bugs" link; left-menu)
  • Bug Fixing - Remember our 2-fix-per-week / 3 unittests-per-milestone plan
    • Since our DSDP/TM/Face-to-face Meeting Toronto 17-Sep-2007 it's now 22 weeks / 4 milestones, so each committer is due 44 fixes / 8 unittests
    • Current situation is on this bugzilla report
    • Unittests: when adding a test, please add the tag //-test-author:YourName in front of it
      • DaveM - 5
      • DaveD - 21
      • KevinD - 11
      • MartinO - 3
      • TobiasS - 3
      • UweS - 7
      • XuanC - 51
      • Total - 101
      • Javier - 0
  • Javier busy until end of Feb; no time for Eclipse currently
  • DaveD's - n/a today
  • DaveM: -
    • bug 216252 SystemMessages refactoring
    • EFS and encodings - No response from platform or TPF teams
    • (TPF) product teams extended SystemView in the past, no response from them
  • Kevin: - n/a today
  • Xuan: - Need to add plugin org.eclipse.rse.useractions into build. Needed by IBM (after M5) - AI Martin want a separate download
    • bug 185554 dynamic menus
    • Will mostly be busy with IBM / Migration work
    • NL Testing: want to be finished by March 21, how much work? - Martin: Try SearchCVS: It knows all files in CVS, all commits, all dates etc in a database
  • Martin: - Need to put Project Plan on the Web; Update Releng scripts to automatically run unit tests at night
    • Searchcvs, Relnotes done; Little more work needed on web-build and promote.sh
    • Next tasks - TM 2.0.3; Move SubsystemConfiguration implementation into non-UI; Lazy loading of SubsystemConfiguration (use the Proxy more); Lazy loading of UI adapters
    • bug 218947 IRemotePath idea
      • DaveM: Could we use IHostFile instead of IRemotePath? - Martin: Looks like IHostPath only exists when connected
      • Xuan: API changes are problematic - Migration will start in 1 month
        • API Freeze by M6 - would that also mean we cannot add classes, methods? - Martin: dont need to be super strict.
        • Martin: Migration could be stepwise, if we are able to convert String into IRemotePath and vice versa
      • DaveM: Naming convention -- IHostPath instead of IRemotePath since located in the Service?
  • Uwe: - Won't have much time for Open Source
  • Rupen: - n/a today
  • Michael: - nothing new
  • Questions

Vacation, Away

  • DaveD on vacation Feb 18-21

Action Items

  • Last Meeting Action Items
  • Everyone: Review bug 216252 SystemMessages refactoring
  • DaveD: Fix bug 219101 HostMoveTest
  • DaveM: Use Properties for Unit Tests
  • Xuan: Use Properties for Unit Tests
  • Kevin: Use Properties for Unit Tests; Website Updates
  • Martin: Add UserActions to build/downloads; finish new releng; Write-up TM 3.0 Plan; Look at PropertyDescriptor issues; unit tests; Newsgroup
  • Javier: add unit tests; document the Symbian internal test setup similar to CVS -- see also CVS_Development#Testing
  • Michael: Terminal improvements

Next Meeting