Difference between revisions of "DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 20-Feb-2008"

From Eclipsepedia

< DSDP‎ | TM
Jump to: navigation, search
(New page: {|border=1 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=4 | Meeting Title: | '''TM Committer Phone Meeting''' |- | Date & Time: | Wednesday Feb 20, 2007 at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meeting...)
 
Line 29: Line 29:
 
* '''Skype Call Quality'''
 
* '''Skype Call Quality'''
 
* '''M5 retrospective'''
 
* '''M5 retrospective'''
 +
** First bugs found thanks to Unit tests (Yeah!): TAR archive handling
 +
** {{Bug|219086}} fixed in unit tests: Flush event loop in tearDown -- leads to other bugs in HostMoveTest, {{bug|219101}}
 +
** Late-breaking {{bug|219260}} :-(
 +
** Need all unit tests enabled in nightly builds - need to use Uwe's Connection Property classes, see '''FTPFileSubsystemTestCase'''
 +
* '''Next Steps'''
 
** '''First PII drop on Feb 25th, Deadline until end of M6'''; try to minimize any wholesale changes after Feb.25th
 
** '''First PII drop on Feb 25th, Deadline until end of M6'''; try to minimize any wholesale changes after Feb.25th
 
** PII Changes for UI/Non-UI Splitting e.g. {{Bug|190231}} SubSystem, {{Bug|211067}} SystemMessages in Services
 
** PII Changes for UI/Non-UI Splitting e.g. {{Bug|190231}} SubSystem, {{Bug|211067}} SystemMessages in Services
* '''[[TM 2.0 Ramp down Plan for Europa#Ramp_down_for_Europa_SR2_.2829-Feb-2007.29|TM 2.0.3]]''' upcoming Feb.29 --  [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&target_milestone=2.0.3&cmdtype=doit 2.0.3 assigned bugs]
+
** '''Hi-pri-bugs; apply patches'''
 +
*** Community Contributions from '''Radoslav Gerganov''', '''Johnson Ma'''
 +
** '''[[TM 2.0 Ramp down Plan for Europa#Ramp_down_for_Europa_SR2_.2829-Feb-2007.29|TM 2.0.3]]''' upcoming Feb.29 --  [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&target_milestone=2.0.3&cmdtype=doit 2.0.3 assigned bugs]
 
* '''Planning''' - '''AI Martin''' to write up what we discussed in Toronto
 
* '''Planning''' - '''AI Martin''' to write up what we discussed in Toronto
 
** Think about assigning bugs to target milestones. What goes into 3.0 and what not?
 
** Think about assigning bugs to target milestones. What goes into 3.0 and what not?
 
* TM Website
 
* TM Website
 +
** Martin added [http://dsdp.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm/searchcvs.php?q=&project=0 searchcvs], [http://dsdp.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm/news/relnotes.php?project=rse&version=HEAD relnotes], [http://dsdp.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm/feeds/builds-rse.xml RSS-Feed] (manually created for now); required changing the left-bar-menu into hardcoded items
 +
** dsdp.eclipse.org now also holds the website (build.eclipse.org will do soon) in order to support auto-builds, relnotes, searchcvs
 +
** Martin incorporated some of Kevin's suggestions (new "Bugs" link; left-menu)
 
* Bug Fixing - '''Remember our 2-fix-per-week / 3 unittests-per-milestone plan'''
 
* Bug Fixing - '''Remember our 2-fix-per-week / 3 unittests-per-milestone plan'''
 
** Since our [[DSDP/TM/Face-to-face Meeting Toronto 17-Sep-2007]] it's now 22 weeks / 4 milestones, so each committer is due 44 fixes / 8 unittests
 
** Since our [[DSDP/TM/Face-to-face Meeting Toronto 17-Sep-2007]] it's now 22 weeks / 4 milestones, so each committer is due 44 fixes / 8 unittests
 
** Current situation is on [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/report.cgi?x_axis_field=&y_axis_field=assigned_to&z_axis_field=&query_format=report-table&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=RESOLVED&bug_status=VERIFIED&bug_status=CLOSED&chfieldfrom=2007-09-17&chfieldto=Now&chfield=bug_status&chfieldvalue=RESOLVED&format=table&action=wrap&negate0=1&field0-0-0=resolution&type0-0-0=equals&value0-0-0=DUPLICATE this bugzilla report]
 
** Current situation is on [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/report.cgi?x_axis_field=&y_axis_field=assigned_to&z_axis_field=&query_format=report-table&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=RESOLVED&bug_status=VERIFIED&bug_status=CLOSED&chfieldfrom=2007-09-17&chfieldto=Now&chfield=bug_status&chfieldvalue=RESOLVED&format=table&action=wrap&negate0=1&field0-0-0=resolution&type0-0-0=equals&value0-0-0=DUPLICATE this bugzilla report]
** Unittests: Xuan, DaveM, Javier added some; Martin 0; not sure about others; Martin working on Releng scripts next
+
** Unittests:
 +
*** DaveM - 5
 +
*** DaveD - 21
 +
*** KevinD - 11
 +
*** MartinO - 3
 +
*** TobiasS - 3
 +
*** UweS - 7
 +
*** XuanC - 51
 +
*** '''Total - 101'''
 +
*** Javier - 0
 
* Next [[BugDay/February_2008]] on Feb 29
 
* Next [[BugDay/February_2008]] on Feb 29
 
* '''Javier''' busy until end of Feb; no time for Eclipse currently
 
* '''Javier''' busy until end of Feb; no time for Eclipse currently
* '''DaveD's''' lazy init done. {{Bug|217556}} ServiceSubSystem
+
* '''DaveD's'''
** What if a subsystem does not have a service layer? - Return null for getServiceType()
+
** Existing code that checks whether something has a service needs to be changed: '''AI DaveD''' Find references to IServiceSubSystem
+
 
** {{bug|217894}} Subsystem Configuration Families - subsystem category would be orthogonal to subsystem family -- family would be related to connector service -- '''AI All''' comment on the bug
 
** {{bug|217894}} Subsystem Configuration Families - subsystem category would be orthogonal to subsystem family -- family would be related to connector service -- '''AI All''' comment on the bug
 
** Import/export connections rather than profiles - extend the persistence provider for import/export. Use a profile that only contains those things relevant to the exported elements, and merge it on import (or instantiate + copy).
 
** Import/export connections rather than profiles - extend the persistence provider for import/export. Use a profile that only contains those things relevant to the exported elements, and merge it on import (or instantiate + copy).
Line 53: Line 70:
 
* '''Xuan:''' - Need to add plugin org.eclipse.rse.useractions into build.  Needed by IBM (after M5)
 
* '''Xuan:''' - Need to add plugin org.eclipse.rse.useractions into build.  Needed by IBM (after M5)
 
* '''Martin:''' - Need to put Project Plan on the Web; Update Releng scripts to automatically run unit tests at night
 
* '''Martin:''' - Need to put Project Plan on the Web; Update Releng scripts to automatically run unit tests at night
 +
** Searchcvs, Relnotes done; Little more work needed on web-build and promote.sh
 +
** Next tasks - TM 2.0.3; Move SubsystemConfiguration into non-UI; Lazy loading of SubsystemConfiguration (use the Proxy more); Lazy loading of UI adapters
 
* '''Uwe:''' -  
 
* '''Uwe:''' -  
 
* '''Rupen:''' - {{Bug|210682}} - Multi-file conflict resolution on Copy - dialog ready, jpeg posted on the bug
 
* '''Rupen:''' - {{Bug|210682}} - Multi-file conflict resolution on Copy - dialog ready, jpeg posted on the bug

Revision as of 11:58, 20 February 2008

Meeting Title: TM Committer Phone Meeting
Date & Time: Wednesday Feb 20, 2007 at 1600 UTC / 1100 Eastern
Dial-in: Martin to call everybody by Skype

Backup dial-in: International +44 (0)1452 567588 / Freephone +1 (866) 6161738 / UK 08712460713 / Passcode: 0587322148 #

MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.
Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call. MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.
Skype dial-in: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, kevin.j.doyle, xuan.chen886, rupen.mardirossian, javier.montalvoorus, eugenetarassov, tedatteddotnet, michael_scharf, and uwe.stieber.

Contents

Invited Attendees

  • IBM - Xuan Chen, Dave McKnight, Kevin Doyle, Dave Dykstal, Rupen Mardirossian
  • Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Uwe Stieber, Michael Scharf, Eugene Tarassov
  • Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orus

This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).

Agenda

Current Work

  • Skype Call Quality
  • M5 retrospective
    • First bugs found thanks to Unit tests (Yeah!): TAR archive handling
    • bug 219086 fixed in unit tests: Flush event loop in tearDown -- leads to other bugs in HostMoveTest, bug 219101
    • Late-breaking bug 219260 :-(
    • Need all unit tests enabled in nightly builds - need to use Uwe's Connection Property classes, see FTPFileSubsystemTestCase
  • Next Steps
    • First PII drop on Feb 25th, Deadline until end of M6; try to minimize any wholesale changes after Feb.25th
    • PII Changes for UI/Non-UI Splitting e.g. bug 190231 SubSystem, bug 211067 SystemMessages in Services
    • Hi-pri-bugs; apply patches
      • Community Contributions from Radoslav Gerganov, Johnson Ma
    • TM 2.0.3 upcoming Feb.29 -- 2.0.3 assigned bugs
  • Planning - AI Martin to write up what we discussed in Toronto
    • Think about assigning bugs to target milestones. What goes into 3.0 and what not?
  • TM Website
    • Martin added searchcvs, relnotes, RSS-Feed (manually created for now); required changing the left-bar-menu into hardcoded items
    • dsdp.eclipse.org now also holds the website (build.eclipse.org will do soon) in order to support auto-builds, relnotes, searchcvs
    • Martin incorporated some of Kevin's suggestions (new "Bugs" link; left-menu)
  • Bug Fixing - Remember our 2-fix-per-week / 3 unittests-per-milestone plan
  • Next BugDay/February_2008 on Feb 29
  • Javier busy until end of Feb; no time for Eclipse currently
  • DaveD's
    • bug 217894 Subsystem Configuration Families - subsystem category would be orthogonal to subsystem family -- family would be related to connector service -- AI All comment on the bug
    • Import/export connections rather than profiles - extend the persistence provider for import/export. Use a profile that only contains those things relevant to the exported elements, and merge it on import (or instantiate + copy).
      • This is maybe related to bug 160403 Filters should be connection-private by default
  • DaveM: -
    • EFS and encodings - No response from platform or TPF teams
    • (TPF) product teams extended SystemView in the past, no response from them
  • Kevin: -
  • Xuan: - Need to add plugin org.eclipse.rse.useractions into build. Needed by IBM (after M5)
  • Martin: - Need to put Project Plan on the Web; Update Releng scripts to automatically run unit tests at night
    • Searchcvs, Relnotes done; Little more work needed on web-build and promote.sh
    • Next tasks - TM 2.0.3; Move SubsystemConfiguration into non-UI; Lazy loading of SubsystemConfiguration (use the Proxy more); Lazy loading of UI adapters
  • Uwe: -
  • Rupen: - bug 210682 - Multi-file conflict resolution on Copy - dialog ready, jpeg posted on the bug
  • Michael: -
  • Questions

Vacation, Away

  • DaveD on vacation Feb 18-21

Action Items

  • Last Meeting Action Items
  • DaveD: fixes, unit tests
  • DaveM:
  • Xuan: fixes, unit tests
  • Kevin: fixes, unit tests
  • Martin: Update bugzilla's; Write-up TM 3.0 Plan; Look at PropertyDescriptor issues; unit tests; Releng Fixes, Newsgroup
  • Javier: fixes, unit tests; document the Symbian internal test setup similar to CVS -- see also CVS_Development#Testing
  • Michael: Terminal improvements

Next Meeting