Difference between revisions of "DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 20-Aug-2008"

From Eclipsepedia

< DSDP‎ | TM
Jump to: navigation, search
(Attendees)
('''Status''')
Line 45: Line 45:
 
** New builder - need to defer until 3.1M2
 
** New builder - need to defer until 3.1M2
 
** Website revamp - image from the Community is good, need some time to revamp the contents
 
** Website revamp - image from the Community is good, need some time to revamp the contents
** {{bug|227750}} IRSEPersistenceProvider would prefer fix in 3.1 HEAD after branching, do we need it in 3.0.1?
+
** {{bug|227750}} IRSEInteractionProvider would prefer fix in 3.1 HEAD after branching, do we need it in 3.0.1?
 
** DSDP Board Presentation - Project input is now on [[DSDP/TML/BoardReport2008]] and [[DSDP/MTJ/BoardReport2008]]. Follow the [http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/dsdp-pmc/maillist.html PMC mailinglist] for updates, and see [[DSDP/PMC]] -- deadline for input is end August, presentation will be Sep 17.
 
** DSDP Board Presentation - Project input is now on [[DSDP/TML/BoardReport2008]] and [[DSDP/MTJ/BoardReport2008]]. Follow the [http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/dsdp-pmc/maillist.html PMC mailinglist] for updates, and see [[DSDP/PMC]] -- deadline for input is end August, presentation will be Sep 17.
 
** {{Bug|234026}} [apidoc] IFileService#createFolder() does not specify whether parent folders are created -- fixed: on the Service level, Services '''may''' create parent folders, on the Subsystem level I fixed IFileServiceSubSystem#createFolders() to do it automatically if the service doesn't do it. Question: should IFileServiceSubSystem#createFolder() throw exception if the parent is missing, is it worth the extra effort?
 
** {{Bug|234026}} [apidoc] IFileService#createFolder() does not specify whether parent folders are created -- fixed: on the Service level, Services '''may''' create parent folders, on the Subsystem level I fixed IFileServiceSubSystem#createFolders() to do it automatically if the service doesn't do it. Question: should IFileServiceSubSystem#createFolder() throw exception if the parent is missing, is it worth the extra effort?

Revision as of 11:08, 19 August 2008

Meeting Title: TM Committer Phone Meeting
Date & Time: Wednesday August 20, 2008 at 1600 UTC / 0900 SFO / 1100 Rochester / 1200 Toronto / 1800 Salzburg
Html.gifHTML | Ical.gifiCal
Dial-in: Martin to call everybody by Skype

Backup dial-in: International +44 (0)1452 567588 / Freephone +1 (866) 6161738 / UK 08712460713 / Passcode: 0587322148 #

MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.
Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call. MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.
Skype dial-in: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kevin.j.doyle, xuan.chen886, eugenetarassov, michael_scharf, uwe.stieber, radoslav.gerganov, wrsfburton.

Contents

Invited Attendees

  • IBM - Xuan Chen, Dave McKnight, Dave Dykstal, Kevin Doyle
  • Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Michael Scharf, Uwe Stieber, Eugene Tarassov, Felix Burton
  • ProSyst - Radoslav Gerganov
  • MontaVista - Anna Dushistova

This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).

Attendees

  • Attendees:
  • Regrets: Martin, Xuan, Michael, Uwe (vacation)

Agenda

Status

  • Shooting for 3.0.1 final run this week, will branch off on Aug 26 as per DSDP/TM/3.0 Ramp down Plan for Ganymede#Ramp down for Ganymede SR1 (Sep 24, 2008), see also #Bugs below.
    • Please get anything risky and hi-priority in this week!
  • Anna: Now also contributing to TCF
  • DaveD:
  • DaveM: EFS planning for 3.1, lower priority?
  • Kevin:
  • Xuan:
  • Martin:
    • New builder - need to defer until 3.1M2
    • Website revamp - image from the Community is good, need some time to revamp the contents
    • bug 227750 IRSEInteractionProvider would prefer fix in 3.1 HEAD after branching, do we need it in 3.0.1?
    • DSDP Board Presentation - Project input is now on DSDP/TML/BoardReport2008 and DSDP/MTJ/BoardReport2008. Follow the PMC mailinglist for updates, and see DSDP/PMC -- deadline for input is end August, presentation will be Sep 17.
    • bug 234026 [apidoc] IFileService#createFolder() does not specify whether parent folders are created -- fixed: on the Service level, Services may create parent folders, on the Subsystem level I fixed IFileServiceSubSystem#createFolders() to do it automatically if the service doesn't do it. Question: should IFileServiceSubSystem#createFolder() throw exception if the parent is missing, is it worth the extra effort?
    • bug 196176 - Rado's SWT deferred DND not yet reviewed, see also DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 2-Jul-2008 notes

Bugs

  • 54 bugs still assigned 3.0 - AI Everyone must review your assigned bugs and move to 3.0.1 / 3.1 as appropriate
  • Open 3.0 Assigned bugs
  • Severity Major, Hi-Priority
  • Current Statistics: 45 hi-pri bugs: 1 critical (Martin), 11 major (4x DaveD, 4x Martin, DaveM, Inbox), 33 other P2's -- mostly DaveD, assigned 3.0.1!
  • Community contributions: 38 Open bugs with patches right now, should apply after the 3.0.1 final run (see also the Bug Process Page for a query)

Old Stuff

  • bug 240991 Startup creates Display on Worker Thread
    • Workarounds seem to be good for now. Martin would prefer experimenting with IRSEPersistenceProvider in HEAD after the branch is created, to avoid destabilizing the branch. Can we release 3.0.1 without the IRSEPersistenceProvider fix?
  • Unittests
    • Xuan: Kevin trying some Abbot stuff, might contribute -- Abbot is under CPL
    • bug 230917 [regression] Some DStore Archive Testcases fail -- AI Xuan look at
  • Findbugs and other cleanup
    • Broken Links in Docs: Xenu's LinkSleuth
  • Quality, Backlog and Unit Tests
    • Remember our 2-fix-per-week / 3 unittests-per-milestone plan
    • Current situation is on this bugzilla report

Cleanup Work

  • Anything we want to do for 3.0.1 ?
    • Unittests, unittests, unittests! -- ideally write an accompanying unittest for every bugfix
    • Migration Notes (for 2.0 / for 1.0?)
    • Review and improve Userdocs; we have several open bugs here
    • Review and improve Javadocs; lots still missing, unclear, duplicated
    • Fix broken hyperlinks in the docs, fix HTML/XML errors (which can make the indexer not work)
    • Get rid of compiler warnings wherever possible
    • Run Findbugs -- Update site on http://findbugs.cs.umd.edu/eclipse, Quickdocs by Rado in tm-dev E-Mail
      • Question about filtering false positives posted on fb-discuss link
  • Stuff for 3.1
    • API Tooling Javadocs(@noextend and friends) - cannot limit existing API more than it was before, unless it was textually documented already, but can deprecate stuff, even in 3.0.1.

Questions

Vacation, away

  • Michael vacation Aug 18-Sep 1
  • Xuan vacation Aug 18-26
  • Martin vacation Aug 20/21

Action Items

  • Last Meeting Action Items
  • Everyone: old triage 3.0 assigned bugs; discuss 3.1 project plan with Project Teams, consider staffing or removing themes; attach "plan" keyword to "interesting" bugs for 3.1
  • Anna:
  • DaveD:
  • DaveM: old comment on EFS in project plan; bug 234045 handling errors in File Property Page; bug 199596 Read-Only attribute doesn't always update IRemoteFile;
  • Kevin:
  • Xuan: old check deadline for PMC Board Presentation review; Look at bug 230917 Archive Handler Unittests
  • Martin: old bug 196176 review Rado's deferred D&D; bug 238574 Website revamp; new Builder until 3.1M2; bug 227750 Display in non-UI write fix until mid August; Run performance tests for bug 236065 IFileService improvements; Critical EFS bugs;
  • Javier: old Hi-PRI FTP BUGS
  • Michael: old Terminal: Work on bug 185348 Terminal API
  • Uwe: -
  • Rado: -
  • Felix: -
  • Eugene: -

Next Meeting