Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 2-May-2007"

< DSDP‎ | TM
Line 15: Line 15:
  
 
== Attendees ==
 
== Attendees ==
* IBM - Dave McKnight, Dave Dykstal, Kushal Munir, Kevin Doyle, , Sanjayan Eladchumanasamy
+
* IBM - Dave McKnight, Dave Dykstal, Kushal Munir, Kevin Doyle, Xuan Chen
 
* Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orús
 
* Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orús
* Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Uwe Stieber, Michael Scharf
+
* Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Michael Scharf, (Uwe Stieber n/a)
  
 
This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).
 
This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).

Revision as of 11:56, 2 May 2007

Meeting Title: TM Committer Phone Meeting
Date & Time: Tuesday May 2, 2007 at 1500 UTC
Dial-in: International +44 (0)1452 567588
North America +1 (866) 6161738 (toll free)
UK National 08712460713
Passcode: 0587322148 #

MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.
Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call. MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.
Skype fallback dial-in - only if less than 5 participants: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, javier.montalvoorus, tedatteddotnet, michael_scharf, and uwe.stieber.

Attendees

  • IBM - Dave McKnight, Dave Dykstal, Kushal Munir, Kevin Doyle, Xuan Chen
  • Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orús
  • Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Michael Scharf, (Uwe Stieber n/a)

This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).

Notes

News & Review Action Items

Martin 30% Platform symbolic links; API cleanups; 100%
DaveD 40% IBM issues; UDA Persistence design; concerned about getting UDA in shape 80%
DaveM 40% Bugfixes 40%
Kushal 40% BIDI Encodings; UDA: Model close to complete, but persistence unclear - may need an extension point to perist contributor's extensions to RSEModelObject 40%
Javier 50% FTP Parser Extension Point - Problems persisting Property Set 50%
Ted 0% - 0%
Uwe 5% - 5%
Michael 10% 10%

Time Plan and Deadlines toward M7

  • Plan towards M7 - goals and deadlines for I-builds
    • I20070503 -- Minor API changes - Final Feature Additions - Feature Freeze (Terminal integration; FTP Parser)
    • I20070510 -- Stabilization, start TM 2.0 M7 Testing on May 14th
    • I20070516 -- TM 2.0M7 (17th is a public holiday in Austria!)
    • Reminder: TM 2.0 Ramp down Plan for Europa

Bugs and open work to be discussed

  • Current Priorities
    • Priority #1: Finish API Changes
      • Javier: FTP parallel download, allowing to register directory listing parser by extension point
        • What about Commons.Net class in the Extension Point API? What about having extension point in the Service?
      • DaveD: Persistence (for UDA) - independent of IResource?; UI/Non-UI
      • DaveM: 184322 IProgressMonitor added to file system APIs: need to document whether null is allowed as paramter or not, both for IFileService and IRemoteFileSubSystem!!
        • Should we have a common guideline of having the progress monitor first, or last?
      • bug 182221: IRemoteFileSubSystem should forward exceptions rather than handling them with dialogs - Decision was to pragmatically start converting simple methods - who should do it?
      • Martin: 177523 getInstance; 175680 cleanup ISystemRegistry - probably bring more into non-UI; 173042 Refresh; 172650 Capabilities; 176461 expand-to-level; 170910 Integrate Terminalview; 185098 constants for system types; 185097 make getCoreRegistry() simpler
      • Michael: Small API improvements for Terminal (with xyzmodem, 165893
    • Priority #2: Import/Export and User Actions
      • Import/Export should be complete - did anybody except DaveM test it? What about User Docu?
      • AI DaveD, Kushal persistence with User Actions; Dave working on API prerequisites now;
    • Priority #3: Bugs
      • Bugzilla: Severity Major, hi-priority
        • 167620 Select and Delete in the Main thread
      • Encoding Issues: Kushal single encoding control for all subsystems? 179939 What about binary vs. ASCII file transfer?
        • Get rid of the binary vs. ASCII Preference page?
      • BIDI bugs: adopting ICU4J? It's part of core RCP already; keep it in UI
        • AI DaveD to follow up on the concrete bug 183631 and fix it, to get experience with ICU4J
      • EFS: Copy(), Move(); Open Remote Project on Startup: Get rid of IResource dependencies where possible; minimal plugin activations; UI/Non-UI
      • 182454 - what is the meaning of ISystemViewElementAdapter.getAbsoluteName()


  • General Guidelines
    • Avoid breaking API changes after end of this week
    • Junior Jobs: Bugs marked as JJ: in the subject - similar to "helpwanted" keyword
    • Compiler Warnings - total 669 in all of RSE, as of today:
      • 360 "Discouraged Access"
      • 114 Javadoc:
      • 97 deprecated
      • Compiler warnings compared to 30-Jan-2007
        • 192 -> 99 rse.ui (mostly javadoc)
        • 94 -> 120 files.ui
        • 27 -> 31 subsystems.files.core
        • 23 -> 18 services (javadoc)
        • 12 -> 14 rse.core (deprecated)
        • 3 connectorservice.dstore
        • (---) -> 143 useractions
        • (---) -> 11 importexport
      • See the Committer Howto for settings
      • The 'discouraged access warnings should be looked at since they may indicate API flaws

Vacation, Away

Action Items

  • Last Meeting Action Items
  • DaveD: Translation Testcases; Persistence Provider without IResource; Get started on ICU4J with bug 183631; User Actions
  • DaveM: Bugs
  • Kushal: BIDI bugs and Encodings
  • Martin: API cleanups; Testing Stats; Refresh improvements; Integrating Terminal with RSE
  • Javier: FTP parallel download, registering FTP Parser by extension point

Next Meeting