Jump to: navigation, search

DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 2-Aug-2006

< DSDP‎ | TM
Revision as of 12:21, 2 August 2006 by Martin.oberhuber.windriver.com (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Meeting Title: TM Committer Phone Meeting
Date & Time: Wednesday Aug 2, 2006 at 6.30am PDT / 8.30am CDT / 9.30am Toronto / 3.30pm Salzburg
Dial-in: Skype martin.oberhuber, ddykstal, david-k-mcknight, kushal_munir

Fixed-line fallback dial-in:

  • International +1 314-655-1411
  • North America +1 877-422-0035 (toll free)
  • Passcode: 764918

Attendees

  • IBM - Dave Dykstal, Dave McKnight, Kushal Munir
  • Wind River - Martin Oberhuber

Agenda

  • Our top goals
    • Grow the Communities - active users and adopters --> tutorial, docs, mailinglist help
    • Get the APIs Right --> enable public API discussion --> ISV docs, Wiki API discussion, [api] bugzilla's
    • Get our Processes in place --> JUnit, nightly builds, infocenter, update site
  • Latest News
    • Martin -- Updated ISV doc build process, fixed some warnings; optimized update site generation; started manual test plans
    • DaveD -- Docs update - fixed bad links in guide & tutorial; doing TOC today; making notes of things that should probably not be API; tutorial should probably be taken out of help and reference the project only
    • DaveM -- defect cleanup of straightforward things (IBM things) - helpContexts: remove links? Can wait for now since it's a user thing. Remove compileCommands.exsd.
    • Kushal -- defect cleanup; hi-pri first; checkin pending today
    • Others
      • DaveD to do some refactoring of persistency from UI into core, and Message stuff into core.
      • DaveD to look at Mike's spreadsheet and decide what to do
  • Urgent work to do
    • Legal: JUnit (Some IBM signoffs needed, but not too hard); Jakarta-commons (EMO working on it)
    • What is API? --> Move to "internal"?
      • The more we hide by making "internal", the easier it will be for clients to find the relevant stuff.
      • What about things in the Platform? E.g. Extension-point rseConfigDefaults vs. plugin_customization.ini
      • Bring ISV docs up-to-date -- needed for API discussions. bug 150548 has the mapping from Mike.
        • Do a search&Replace for "com.ibm.etools" first, use a broken-link-tool then (e.g. download the site from http://dsdp.eclipse.org/help/latest/ with firefox; or just expand the jar)
        • Tutorial docs: DaveD or Kushal
    • "Big Rock" API issues --> see RSE API Discussion, Meeting 19-Jul-2006 Notes
    • Work on open bugs by priority
  • Other items
    • Thanks for updating bugzilla - Kushal?
    • bugzilla: dsdp.tm.rse-inbox@eclipse.org
      • Assign bugs to the inbox when you don't know what to do with them; DaveD and I will review them again later
      • It's also OK to defer bugs past 1.0 by setting status to LATER
    • committing: Please include bugzilla references on the FIRST LINE of the commit message
      • Easier to track checkins from the CVS Changelog
      • Example: "Bug 149331 - updating extension point schemata to remove etools references."
      • Commit messages like this are not harder to write, but much more helpful to read in the changelog
    • Please focus on "big rocks" (hi-pri bugs)
    • Manual test plans - in work by Martin
    • EFS feature, Examples feature to be created by Martin
  • Free discussion -- feelings, comments, critics
    • Martin wants to stabilize M4 early --> label an I-build early, then create another label for the M-build and move it until release. This gives us more freedom for checkins during the integration phase (but requires that features are in earlier)
    • Friday & Monday - holiday in Canada --> Aug 11 will be I-build, Aug 18 the M-build
    • Javier to join us for the next committer meeting(s)

Action Items

  • Last Meeting Action Items
  • DaveD - Review Mike's mappings, Doc update, JUnit legal, Service Error Reporting API, No-Password-API, SystemRegistry API
  • DaveM - bug fixing, Parallel Services API, hygiene changes
  • Kushal - refactoring checkin, doc review (with DaveD), bug fixing
  • Martin - EFS & Examples features, build scripts, Manual test plan, API Review

Next Meeting