Difference between revisions of "DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 19-Jun-2007"

From Eclipsepedia

< DSDP‎ | TM
Jump to: navigation, search
(News & Review Action Items)
(Ramp Down Plan)
 
(One intermediate revision by one user not shown)
Line 60: Line 60:
 
** Currently feels like too many bugs are assigned 2.0.1 -- but we'll decide that after 2.0 is released
 
** Currently feels like too many bugs are assigned 2.0.1 -- but we'll decide that after 2.0 is released
 
** Our API is still declared "provisional"
 
** Our API is still declared "provisional"
** 2.0.1 work can be done in branches - e.g. "temp201_dwd"? Merge immediately after 2.0 declared.
+
** 2.0.1 work can be done in branches - e.g. "temp201_dwd"? Merge immediately after 2.0 declared. '''Caution:''' 2.0.1 must be binary compatible with 2.0.0. Ensure that you have read the Eclipse API Guidelines again to understand what the restrictions are.
 
* '''Newsgroup and Mailing List Duty'''
 
* '''Newsgroup and Mailing List Duty'''
  
Line 66: Line 66:
  
 
* '''Current Priorities:''' Fix bugs by Priority
 
* '''Current Priorities:''' Fix bugs by Priority
** '''Javier''':  
+
** '''Javier''': There appears to be a problem in the underlying EFS support (see [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=192610 192610]). Continuing investigation, but will likely require a note of caution on using EFS remote projects.
** '''DaveD''': build master; coordinate committer meeting next week
+
** '''DaveD''': build master for RC4; documentation fixes
 
*** Fix userdocs wrt team support, user actions / compile commands
 
*** Fix userdocs wrt team support, user actions / compile commands
** '''DaveM''': UI blocking for archives - hard and risky; OK deferring for Local; not sure what's the right way to go; better add a warning about local archives into the release notes; there might be more issues with remote since we still cannot cancel things properly (UI would be responsive, but server would be busy) --> Deferring to 2.0.1
+
** '''DaveM''': no open items
*** Several Remote Scratchpad issues have surface, are deferrable
+
** '''Xuan''': no open items
*** Filter naming - (naming filter pools under the covers) too risky
+
** '''Xuan''':
+
 
** '''Martin''': SSH using new Jsch API from Platform RC3;  
 
** '''Martin''': SSH using new Jsch API from Platform RC3;  
 
*** Had to defer much assigned stuff e.g. expand-to-level;  
 
*** Had to defer much assigned stuff e.g. expand-to-level;  
Line 80: Line 78:
 
*** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=170910 170910] Integrate Terminalview -- '''deferred'''
 
*** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=170910 170910] Integrate Terminalview -- '''deferred'''
 
*** UI/Non-UI: would love to move SystemRegistry to non-UI for GregW -- then, extenders could write their own SubSystemConfiguration without using the SubSystemConfiguration abstract base classes, and remain in non-UI only (but no time :-()
 
*** UI/Non-UI: would love to move SystemRegistry to non-UI for GregW -- then, extenders could write their own SubSystemConfiguration without using the SubSystemConfiguration abstract base classes, and remain in non-UI only (but no time :-()
** '''Kushal''': [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=174789 174789] Property pages added to Wizard automatically: '''AI Kushal''' investigate
+
** '''Kushal''': [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=174789 174789] Property pages added to Wizard automatically: '''AI Kushal''' investigate (will likely be taken by DaveD)
 
* '''Bugzilla''': [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_severity=blocker&bug_severity=critical&bug_severity=major&cmdtype=doit Severity Major], [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&cmdtype=doit&field0-0-0=priority&type0-0-0=regexp&value0-0-0=P%5B12%5D&field0-0-1=bug_severity&type0-0-1=regexp&value0-0-1=blocker%7Ccritical%7Cmajor hi-priority]
 
* '''Bugzilla''': [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_severity=blocker&bug_severity=critical&bug_severity=major&cmdtype=doit Severity Major], [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&cmdtype=doit&field0-0-0=priority&type0-0-0=regexp&value0-0-0=P%5B12%5D&field0-0-1=bug_severity&type0-0-1=regexp&value0-0-1=blocker%7Ccritical%7Cmajor hi-priority]
  

Latest revision as of 11:51, 19 June 2007

Meeting Title: TM Committer Phone Meeting
Date & Time: Tuesday Jun 19, 2007 at 1500 UTC
Dial-in (this week only): International +1-314-655-1411
North America +1-877-422-0035 (toll free)
Passcode: 764918#

DaveD to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.
Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call. DaveD will start Skype chat just prior to call.
Skype fallback dial-in - only if less than 5 participants: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, javier.montalvoorus, tedatteddotnet, michael_scharf, and uwe.stieber.

Contents

[edit] Invited Attendees

  • IBM - Dave McKnight, Dave Dykstal, Kevin Doyle, Xuan Chen, (Kushal Munir n/a)
  • Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orús
  • Wind River - (Martin Oberhuber n/a), Uwe Stieber, (Michael Scharf n/a)

This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).

[edit] Notes

[edit] News & Review Action Items

Martin 0% 0%
DaveD 90% Builds, documentation, some late fixes 90%
DaveM 20% 0%
Kushal 0% 0%
Javier 30% 30%
Ted 0% - 0%
Uwe 5% - 5%
Michael 10% 10%

[edit] Plan for the TM Future

  • Please review and edit TM Future Planning together with your Requirements / Product Management folk
  • A TM Project Meeting is planned for SEPTEMBER 19th and 20th in Chicago, together with the Members Meeting.

[edit] Ramp Down Plan

  • TM 2.0 Ramp down Plan for Europa, based on Europa Simultaneous Release#Milestones and Release Candidates
    • RC4 -- Thu Jun 21 (5 work days) - build will be sometime Wednesday afternoon Central Time.
    • EUROPA -- Jun 29
  • Testing: Please use RSE recent I-builds yourselves in daily work
  • 2-committer-review required from now on. Doc-only / Comment-only / Testcase fixes allowed without review.
  • Only P1 and critical bugs this week
    • Exceptions: Doc-only/testcases/escalations
    • Javadoc Reviews: @since tag for new API, missing @param tags, ...
    • Discouraged Access Warnings: AI Martin switch off for dstore by using x-friend in Manifest
    • Currently feels like too many bugs are assigned 2.0.1 -- but we'll decide that after 2.0 is released
    • Our API is still declared "provisional"
    • 2.0.1 work can be done in branches - e.g. "temp201_dwd"? Merge immediately after 2.0 declared. Caution: 2.0.1 must be binary compatible with 2.0.0. Ensure that you have read the Eclipse API Guidelines again to understand what the restrictions are.
  • Newsgroup and Mailing List Duty

[edit] Bugs and open work to be discussed

  • Current Priorities: Fix bugs by Priority
    • Javier: There appears to be a problem in the underlying EFS support (see 192610). Continuing investigation, but will likely require a note of caution on using EFS remote projects.
    • DaveD: build master for RC4; documentation fixes
      • Fix userdocs wrt team support, user actions / compile commands
    • DaveM: no open items
    • Xuan: no open items
    • Martin: SSH using new Jsch API from Platform RC3;
      • Had to defer much assigned stuff e.g. expand-to-level;
      • Releng scripts remain as they are for now - might consume Orbit manually at the end;
      • Review and release Telnet fixes;
      • 186315 EFS problematic URIs - would love to see those fixed, if cannot do myself I might reassign;
      • 170910 Integrate Terminalview -- deferred
      • UI/Non-UI: would love to move SystemRegistry to non-UI for GregW -- then, extenders could write their own SubSystemConfiguration without using the SubSystemConfiguration abstract base classes, and remain in non-UI only (but no time :-()
    • Kushal: 174789 Property pages added to Wizard automatically: AI Kushal investigate (will likely be taken by DaveD)
  • Bugzilla: Severity Major, hi-priority

[edit] Vacation, Away

  • Martin Vacation Wed Jun 13 - Fri Jun 22
  • DaveM, DaveD taking a couple weeks in August
  • Javier ooo last two weeks in August

[edit] Action Items

  • Last Meeting Action Items
  • DaveD: RC4 Build, Doc items
  • DaveM: 2.0.1 fixes
  • Kushal:
  • Martin:
  • Javier:
  • Michael:

[edit] Next Meeting