DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 18-Oct-2006
|Meeting Title:||TM Committer Phone Meeting|
|Date & Time:||Wednesday Oct 18, 2006 at 8.00am San Francisco / 10.00am Rochester / 11.00am Toronto / 4.00pm London / 5.00pm Salzburg|
|Dial-in:|| International +1 314-655-1411|
North America +1 877-422-0035 (toll free)
DaveD to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above. Skype fallback dial-in - only if less than 5 participants: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, javier.montalvoorus, tedatteddotnet, and uwe.stieber. DaveD will start Skype chat just prior to call.
- IBM - Dave Dykstal, Dave McKnight, Kushal Munir
- Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orús
- Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Ted Williams, Uwe Stieber (not present), Michael Scharf
- Our top goals
- Grow the Communities - active users and adopters --> tutorial, docs, mailinglist help
- Get the APIs Right --> enable public API discussion --> ISV docs, Wiki API discussion, [api] bugzilla's
- Get our Processes in place --> JUnit, nightly builds, infocenter, update site
- Latest News
- Martin -- RSE 1.0 Testing round 2
- DaveD -- Fixing bugs - concentrating on migrating fixes from IBM previous release
- DaveM -- bug queue is large, but perhaps can manage
- Kushal -- ditto, fixed several bugs
- Javier -- fixed FTP bugs, continuing to work on the few that remain
- Ted -- nothing to report
- Uwe --
- Michael -- presented at Eclipse Summit Europe
- Other News --
- Top Priorities this week:
- #1 - Hi-priority bugfixing
- Deciding a schedule for the Release
- Weekly release candidates each Friday (10/20, 10/27), release as soon as we have a "go" from all committers. Oct.20 will not be final release candidate.
- Shooting for Oct.27 for final release candidate & fixing all hi-pri bugs. One more build may be required on Nov.4 after testing.
- Exit criteria: all P1/P2 bugs fixed; defer bugs to a service release.
- Discussed pros and cons of an early release.
- Upcoming Work
- Missing / Incomplete Copyrights - fixes look good, please use UTF-8 as character set for projects
- Code Ownership - DSDP/TM/Code Ownership - DaveD to edit (for self).
- Questions from ESE RSE Demo - DaveM to comment on these at some point
- File locking? No locking mechanism yet. May include synchronize perspective in future releases. RSE will detect remote file changes, though.
- How do you write agents?
- Is there any tools support for writing agents? Not yet. TPTP?
- Any standardization of agents between projects? Not to our knowledge. TPTP?
- Can I share a connection with a debugger? Yes, but you will need to build some smarts in to support this.
- If the connection to the target system is lost, can I continue editing, reconnect, and then synchronize?
- Change Requests
- "Remote Shell" -> "RSE Shell" ? Implications for other views? Decided against doing this for now since this can be quite disruptive to documentation. Not sure "RSE Shell" is the right term.
- Vacations, Holidays etc.
- Martin - 1 more week until Oct.23; public holidays Oct 26, Nov 1-2
- DaveD taking Oct 20 off
- Free discussion -- feelings, comments, critics
- EclipseCon 2007 coming in March. Call for Papers has been issued. Martin (and perhaps DaveM) will submit proposal for 2 hour tutorial.
- Last Meeting Action Items
- DaveD - Edit Code Ownership. Hi-Pri bugs.
- DaveM - Meet Kushal for Dirty Editors. Hi-pri bugs
- Kushal - Meet DaveM for Dirty Editors; Hi-pri bugs; Encoding bugs?
- Martin - Create empty project plan; TM FAQ on the Wiki; Hi-pri bugs; Do RC builds; Send community note on release schedule.
- Javier - FTP bugs; Hook up with Scott Lewis once SD is committed and works
- Ted - Terminalview; Document the build process