DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 18-Oct-2006
|Meeting Title:||TM Committer Phone Meeting|
|Date & Time:||Wednesday Oct 18, 2006 at 8.00am San Francisco / 10.00am Rochester / 11.00am Toronto / 4.00pm London / 5.00pm Salzburg|
|Dial-in:|| International +1 314-655-1411|
North America +1 877-422-0035 (toll free)
Skype fallback dial-in - only if less than 5 participants:
DaveD to start a Skype chat- you'll be called:
Skype martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, javier.montalvoorus, tedatteddotnet, uwe.stieber
- IBM - Dave Dykstal, Dave McKnight, Kushal Munir
- Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orús
- Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Ted Williams, Uwe Stieber, Michael Scharf
- Our top goals
- Grow the Communities - active users and adopters --> tutorial, docs, mailinglist help
- Get the APIs Right --> enable public API discussion --> ISV docs, Wiki API discussion, [api] bugzilla's
- Get our Processes in place --> JUnit, nightly builds, infocenter, update site
- Latest News
- Martin --
- DaveD --
- DaveM --
- Kushal --
- Javier --
- Ted --
- Uwe --
- Michael --
- Other News --
- Top Priorities this week:
- #1 - Hi-priority bugfixing
- Deciding a schedule for the Release
- Suggestion: Weekly release candidates each friday, release as soon as we have a "go" from all committers
- Shooting for Oct.27
- Exit criteria: all P1/P2 bugs fixed; defer bugs to a service release?
- Discuss pros and cons of an early release
- Upcoming Work
- Missing / Incomplete Copyrights - fixes look good, please use UTF-8 as character set for projects
- Code Ownership - DSDP/TM/Code Ownership - DaveD to edit (for self).
- Change Requests
- Default colors for command view - white background, black or dark blue foreground
- "Remote Shell" -> "RSE Shell" ? Implications for other views?
- Vacations, Holidays etc.
- Martin - 1 more week until Oct.23; public holidays Oct 26, Nov 1-2
- DaveD taking Oct 19-20 off
- Free discussion -- feelings, comments, critics
- EclipseCon 2007 coming in March. Call for Papers has been issued. Martin (and perhaps DaveM) will submit proposal for 2 hour tutorial.
- Last Meeting Action Items
- DaveD - Bookkeeping; Edit Code Ownership. Hi-Pri bugs. New bug for moving DTD.
- DaveM - Meet Kushal for Dirty Editors. Hi-pri bugs
- Kushal - Meet DaveM for Dirty Editors; Hi-pri bugs; Encoding bugs?
- Martin - Create empty project plan; Hi-pri bugs;
- Javier - FTP bugs; Hook up with Scott Lewis once SD is committed and works
- Ted - Terminalview; Document the build process