Difference between revisions of "DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 18-Oct-2006"

From Eclipsepedia

< DSDP‎ | TM
Jump to: navigation, search
Line 10: Line 10:
 
|}
 
|}
  
Skype fallback dial-in - only if less than 5 participants:<br/>
+
DaveD to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.
DaveD to start a Skype chat- you'll be called:<br/>Skype '''martin.oberhuber''', ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, javier.montalvoorus, tedatteddotnet, uwe.stieber
+
Skype fallback dial-in - only if less than 5 participants: '''martin.oberhuber''', ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, javier.montalvoorus, tedatteddotnet, and uwe.stieber.
 +
DaveD will start Skype chat just prior to call.
  
 
== Attendees ==
 
== Attendees ==
Line 25: Line 26:
 
* Latest News
 
* Latest News
 
** Martin -- [[RSE 1.0 Testing round 2]]
 
** Martin -- [[RSE 1.0 Testing round 2]]
** DaveD --  
+
** DaveD -- Fixing bugs - concentrating on migrating fixes from IBM previous release
 
** DaveM --  
 
** DaveM --  
 
** Kushal --  
 
** Kushal --  
Line 36: Line 37:
 
** '''#1 - Hi-priority bugfixing'''
 
** '''#1 - Hi-priority bugfixing'''
 
** '''Deciding a schedule for the Release'''
 
** '''Deciding a schedule for the Release'''
*** Suggestion: Weekly release candidates each friday, release as soon as we have a "go" from all committers
+
*** Suggestion: Weekly release candidates each Friday, release as soon as we have a "go" from all committers
 
*** Shooting for Oct.27
 
*** Shooting for Oct.27
 
*** Exit criteria: all P1/P2 bugs fixed; defer bugs to a service release?
 
*** Exit criteria: all P1/P2 bugs fixed; defer bugs to a service release?
Line 60: Line 61:
 
* Vacations, Holidays etc.
 
* Vacations, Holidays etc.
 
** Martin - 1 more week until Oct.23; public holidays Oct 26, Nov 1-2
 
** Martin - 1 more week until Oct.23; public holidays Oct 26, Nov 1-2
** DaveD taking Oct 19-20 off
+
** DaveD taking Oct 20 off
 
* Free discussion -- feelings, comments, critics
 
* Free discussion -- feelings, comments, critics
 
** EclipseCon 2007 coming in March. Call for Papers has been issued. Martin (and perhaps DaveM) will submit proposal for 2 hour tutorial.
 
** EclipseCon 2007 coming in March. Call for Papers has been issued. Martin (and perhaps DaveM) will submit proposal for 2 hour tutorial.
Line 66: Line 67:
 
== Action Items ==
 
== Action Items ==
 
* [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 11-Oct-2006#Action_Items|Last Meeting]] Action Items
 
* [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 11-Oct-2006#Action_Items|Last Meeting]] Action Items
* '''DaveD''' - Bookkeeping; Edit Code Ownership. Hi-Pri bugs. New bug for moving DTD.
+
* '''DaveD''' - Edit Code Ownership. Hi-Pri bugs. New bug for moving DTD.
 
* '''DaveM''' - Meet Kushal for Dirty Editors. Hi-pri bugs
 
* '''DaveM''' - Meet Kushal for Dirty Editors. Hi-pri bugs
 
* '''Kushal''' - Meet DaveM for Dirty Editors; Hi-pri bugs; Encoding bugs?
 
* '''Kushal''' - Meet DaveM for Dirty Editors; Hi-pri bugs; Encoding bugs?

Revision as of 22:57, 17 October 2006

Meeting Title: TM Committer Phone Meeting
Date & Time: Wednesday Oct 18, 2006 at 8.00am San Francisco / 10.00am Rochester / 11.00am Toronto / 4.00pm London / 5.00pm Salzburg
Dial-in: International +1 314-655-1411
North America +1 877-422-0035 (toll free)
Passcode: 764918

DaveD to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above. Skype fallback dial-in - only if less than 5 participants: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, javier.montalvoorus, tedatteddotnet, and uwe.stieber. DaveD will start Skype chat just prior to call.

Contents

Attendees

  • IBM - Dave Dykstal, Dave McKnight, Kushal Munir
  • Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orús
  • Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Ted Williams, Uwe Stieber, Michael Scharf

Agenda

  • Our top goals
    • Grow the Communities - active users and adopters --> tutorial, docs, mailinglist help
    • Get the APIs Right --> enable public API discussion --> ISV docs, Wiki API discussion, [api] bugzilla's
    • Get our Processes in place --> JUnit, nightly builds, infocenter, update site
  • Latest News
    • Martin -- RSE 1.0 Testing round 2
    • DaveD -- Fixing bugs - concentrating on migrating fixes from IBM previous release
    • DaveM --
    • Kushal --
    • Javier --
    • Ted --
    • Uwe --
    • Michael --
    • Other News --
  • Top Priorities this week:
    • #1 - Hi-priority bugfixing
    • Deciding a schedule for the Release
      • Suggestion: Weekly release candidates each Friday, release as soon as we have a "go" from all committers
      • Shooting for Oct.27
      • Exit criteria: all P1/P2 bugs fixed; defer bugs to a service release?
      • Discuss pros and cons of an early release
  • Upcoming Work
  • Communications
    • Missing / Incomplete Copyrights - fixes look good, please use UTF-8 as character set for projects
    • Code Ownership - DSDP/TM/Code Ownership - DaveD to edit (for self).
    • Questions from ESE RSE Demo:
      • File locking? No locking mechanism yet. May include synchronize perspective in future releases. RSE will detect remote file changes, though.
      • How do you write agents?
      • Is there any tools support for writing agents? Not yet. TPTP?
      • Any standardization of agents between projects? Not to our knowledge. TPTP?
      • Can I share a connection with a debugger? Yes, but you will need to build some smarts in to support this.
      • If the connection to the target system is lost, can I continue editing, reconnect, and then synchronize?
  • Change Requests
    • "Remote Shell" -> "RSE Shell" ? Implications for other views?
  • Vacations, Holidays etc.
    • Martin - 1 more week until Oct.23; public holidays Oct 26, Nov 1-2
    • DaveD taking Oct 20 off
  • Free discussion -- feelings, comments, critics
    • EclipseCon 2007 coming in March. Call for Papers has been issued. Martin (and perhaps DaveM) will submit proposal for 2 hour tutorial.

Action Items

  • Last Meeting Action Items
  • DaveD - Edit Code Ownership. Hi-Pri bugs. New bug for moving DTD.
  • DaveM - Meet Kushal for Dirty Editors. Hi-pri bugs
  • Kushal - Meet DaveM for Dirty Editors; Hi-pri bugs; Encoding bugs?
  • Martin - Create empty project plan; TM FAQ on the Wiki; Hi-pri bugs;
  • Javier - FTP bugs; Hook up with Scott Lewis once SD is committed and works
  • Ted - Terminalview; Document the build process

Next Meeting