Difference between revisions of "DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 18-Oct-2006"

From Eclipsepedia

< DSDP‎ | TM
Jump to: navigation, search
(Action Items)
Line 47: Line 47:
 
*** Events/Updates/Refresh; Dirty Editors
 
*** Events/Updates/Refresh; Dirty Editors
 
* Communications
 
* Communications
** Missing / Incomplete Copyrights - fixes look good, please use UTF-8 as character set for projects
+
** Missing / Incomplete '''Copyrights''' - fixes look good, please use UTF-8 as character set for projects
 
** '''Code Ownership''' - [[DSDP/TM/Code Ownership]] - DaveD to edit (for self).
 
** '''Code Ownership''' - [[DSDP/TM/Code Ownership]] - DaveD to edit (for self).
* '''Change Requests'''
+
* Change Requests
** Default colors for command view - white background, black or dark blue foreground
+
** "Remote Shell" -> "'''RSE Shell'''" ? Implications for other views?
** "Remote Shell" -> "RSE Shell" ? Implications for other views?
+
 
* Vacations, Holidays etc.
 
* Vacations, Holidays etc.
 
** Martin - 1 more week until Oct.23; public holidays Oct 26, Nov 1-2
 
** Martin - 1 more week until Oct.23; public holidays Oct 26, Nov 1-2

Revision as of 21:21, 17 October 2006

Meeting Title: TM Committer Phone Meeting
Date & Time: Wednesday Oct 18, 2006 at 8.00am San Francisco / 10.00am Rochester / 11.00am Toronto / 4.00pm London / 5.00pm Salzburg
Dial-in: International +1 314-655-1411
North America +1 877-422-0035 (toll free)
Passcode: 764918

Skype fallback dial-in - only if less than 5 participants:
DaveD to start a Skype chat- you'll be called:
Skype martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, javier.montalvoorus, tedatteddotnet, uwe.stieber

Contents

Attendees

  • IBM - Dave Dykstal, Dave McKnight, Kushal Munir
  • Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orús
  • Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Ted Williams, Uwe Stieber, Michael Scharf

Agenda

  • Our top goals
    • Grow the Communities - active users and adopters --> tutorial, docs, mailinglist help
    • Get the APIs Right --> enable public API discussion --> ISV docs, Wiki API discussion, [api] bugzilla's
    • Get our Processes in place --> JUnit, nightly builds, infocenter, update site
  • Latest News
    • Martin --
    • DaveD --
    • DaveM --
    • Kushal --
    • Javier --
    • Ted --
    • Uwe --
    • Michael --
    • Other News --
  • Top Priorities this week:
    • #1 - Hi-priority bugfixing
    • Deciding a schedule for the Release
      • Suggestion: Weekly release candidates each friday, release as soon as we have a "go" from all committers
      • Shooting for Oct.27
      • Exit criteria: all P1/P2 bugs fixed; defer bugs to a service release?
      • Discuss pros and cons of an early release
  • Upcoming Work
  • Communications
    • Missing / Incomplete Copyrights - fixes look good, please use UTF-8 as character set for projects
    • Code Ownership - DSDP/TM/Code Ownership - DaveD to edit (for self).
  • Change Requests
    • "Remote Shell" -> "RSE Shell" ? Implications for other views?
  • Vacations, Holidays etc.
    • Martin - 1 more week until Oct.23; public holidays Oct 26, Nov 1-2
    • DaveD taking Oct 19-20 off
  • Free discussion -- feelings, comments, critics
    • EclipseCon 2007 coming in March. Call for Papers has been issued. Martin (and perhaps DaveM) will submit proposal for 2 hour tutorial.

Action Items

  • Last Meeting Action Items
  • DaveD - Bookkeeping; Edit Code Ownership. Hi-Pri bugs. New bug for moving DTD.
  • DaveM - Meet Kushal for Dirty Editors. Hi-pri bugs
  • Kushal - Meet DaveM for Dirty Editors; Hi-pri bugs; Encoding bugs?
  • Martin - Create empty project plan; Hi-pri bugs;
  • Javier - FTP bugs; Hook up with Scott Lewis once SD is committed and works
  • Ted - Terminalview; Document the build process

Next Meeting