DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 18-Jul-2007
|Meeting Title:||TM Committer Phone Meeting|
|Date & Time:||Tuesday Jul 18, 2007 at 1500 UTC / 1100 Eastern|
|Dial-in:||asterisk.eclipse.org ID: 8980 Passcode: 1234|
Backup dial-in: International +44 (0)1452 567588 / Freephone +1 (866) 6161738 / UK 08712460713 / Passcode: 0587322148 #
MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.
Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call. MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.
Skype fallback dial-in - only if less than 5 participants: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, javier.montalvoorus, tedatteddotnet, michael_scharf, and uwe.stieber.
- IBM - Dave McKnight, Dave Dykstal, Xuan Chen, Kevin Doyle
- Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orús
- Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Michael Scharf, Uwe Stieber
This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).
- Last meeting: DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 10-Jul-2007
News & Review Action Items
|Martin||100%||Bug triage, RXTX releng, fixes (e.g. deadlock)||100%|
|Michael||10%||Really working on terminal performance now + refactorings||50%|
- Asterisk Conferencing
- Quality too bad 5 people with DaveM calling from home
- DSDP/TM/Face-to-face_Chicago_19-Sep-2007: Participants? Agenda Items? - Martin needs confirmation to book his flight.
- DaveD: Extreme travel restrictions at IBM -- asking till Friday 20th whether the Dave's can come
- 2.0.1 Ramp Down Plan: Questions? Thoughts?
- End of August cutoff for 2.0.1 is OK -- may not be able to do all assigned 2.0.1 ones
- Deferring not a problem, currently it's more of a "what's possible assignment"
- Unit Tests / TPTP AGR
- Xuan spent some time on Unittests, created a test for create/copy/rename of archives, want to create some more
- Created some stuff, will check in once promoted to committer
- Just calling the APIs -- did not find a similar testcase to re-use; local host for now, dstore as next step.
- Deadlock: Everybody please read the text on synchronized at bug 196919 comment 2
- Uwe: Is RSE thread aware? - We are using Jobs; some parts are well protected (RSEPersistenceProvider: single-threaded); model objects not so sure; old IBM RSE was mostly dispatch thread, added jobs later, tried to be careful.
- 193329 First Column in Table View
- Martin: PropertyDescriptor quirks -- filling PropertyView differently than Tableview -- AI Martin to look at it
- Bugzilla: Severity Major, hi-priority
- DaveM: 193858 RSE folder tree problem -- 195285 mountPathMappers enhancement needs API change, so have to defer to the Future; Workaround is using different forms of the IP address for the same host.
- DaveM: 196662 Refresh on Dispatch thread could be tricky since already in the event handler -- getObject() is there since the adapter has no exists() method
- Martin - perhaps solve it with Callbacks as temporary solution, add an exists() method in the future (we just re-get the existing object)
- Martin: 192610 EFS to be attacked next thing
- Xuan: 191374 SSH Performance on large directory -- fix the dependent bugs, then re-try again
- Javadoc Reviews: @since tag for new API, missing @param tags, ... can be fixed now for RSE since we are rebuilding just about every RSE plugin for 2.0.1 (except discovery, terminal, remotecdt, tests right now)
- Xuan -public holidays beginning of August (Aug 3rd, Aug 6th) in Toronto
- DaveD working on and off
- DaveM, DaveD taking a couple weeks in August
- Javier ooo last two weeks in August
- Last Meeting Action Items
- DaveD: Let Martin know whether travel to Chicago is possible; 2.0.1 important fixes, then Doc bugs (Tutorial)
- DaveM: 2.0.1 fixes, 196662 refresh on dispatch thread
- Xuan: Unit Tests
- Martin: Look at PropertyDescriptor issues; EFS fixes; unit tests; Migration Docs, EFS Fixes, Releng Fixes, Newsgroup
- Javier: 2.0.1 fixes, unit tests
- Michael: Terminal performance improvements