DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 18-Jul-2007
|Meeting Title:||TM Committer Phone Meeting|
|Date & Time:||Tuesday Jul 18, 2007 at 1500 UTC / 1100 Eastern|
|Dial-in:|| International +44 (0)1452 567588|
North America +1 (866) 6161738 (toll free)
UK National 08712460713
Passcode: 0587322148 #
MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.
Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call. MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.
Skype fallback dial-in - only if less than 5 participants: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, javier.montalvoorus, tedatteddotnet, michael_scharf, and uwe.stieber.
- IBM - Dave McKnight, Dave Dykstal, Xuan Chen, Kevin Doyle
- Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orús
- Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, (Uwe Stieber n/a), (Michael Scharf n/a)
This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).
- Last meeting: DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 10-Jul-2007
News & Review Action Items
Plan for the TM Future
- DSDP/TM/Face-to-face_Chicago_19-Sep-2007: Participants? Agenda Items? - Martin needs confirmation to book his flight.
- 2.0.1 Ramp Down Plan: Questions? Thoughts?
- Unit Tests / TPTP AGR
- Deadlock: Everybody please read the text on synchronized at bug 196919 comment 2
- 193329 First Column in Table View
- What is the intent of drag&drop a Subsystem
- Severity Major Bugs:
- DaveM: 193858 RSE folder tree problem - tempfiles do not take connection name or user id on remote side into account; similar to tempfiles structure does not support tunnelling - 195285 mountPathMappers enhancement - AI DaveM look at this week
- Martin: Telnet, EFS, Releng (consume Orbit officially)
- Any Doc issues still open? (AI DaveD) - some Tutorial issues; defer until late in the 2.0.1 cycle? DaveD like to do it a little earlier than in the absolute end.
- Kushal to reassign almost all of his bugs to the Inbox
- Javadoc Reviews: @since tag for new API, missing @param tags, ... can be fixed now for RSE since we are rebuilding just about every RSE plugin for 2.0.1 (except discovery, terminal, remotecdt, tests right now)
- Adding Unit Tests will also be a high priority. Archive Handlers are a good candidate to test -- can write a single unit test for create, add, extract, modify, move and then apply to ZIP / Tar / Local / DStore
- Currently 19 JUnit tests in the org.eclipse.rse.test - AI Xuan to import into workspace, DaveD to answer questions
Work post 2.0.1
- Currently feels like too many bugs are assigned 2.0.1 -- but we'll decide that after 2.0 is released
- Bugzilla: Severity Major, hi-priority
- Xuan - maybe some public holidays beginning of August (Aug 3rd, Aug 6th) in Toronto
- DaveD working on and off
- DaveM, DaveD taking a couple weeks in August
- Javier ooo last two weeks in August
- Last Meeting Action Items
- DaveD: 2.0.1 important fixes, then Doc bugs (Tutorial)
- DaveM: 2.0.1 fixes, 195285 mountPathMappers enhancement
- Kushal: reassign bugs to Inbox
- Xuan: look at existing org.eclipse.rse.tests, start JUnit tests for archive handlers
- Martin: 2.0.1 fixes, unit tests; Contact Equinox people; Migration Docs, EFS Fixes, Releng Fixes, Newsgroup
- Javier: 2.0.1 fixes, unit tests
- Michael: Terminal performance improvements