Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 18-Jul-2007"

< DSDP‎ | TM
m
 
(7 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 20: Line 20:
 
* IBM - Dave McKnight, Dave Dykstal, Xuan Chen, Kevin Doyle
 
* IBM - Dave McKnight, Dave Dykstal, Xuan Chen, Kevin Doyle
 
* Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orús
 
* Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orús
* Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, (Uwe Stieber n/a), (Michael Scharf n/a)
+
* Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Michael Scharf, Uwe Stieber
  
 
This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).
 
This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).
Line 30: Line 30:
  
 
{|border=1
 
{|border=1
| Martin  || 100% || || 100%
+
| Martin  || 100% || Bug triage, RXTX releng, fixes (e.g. deadlock) || 100%
 
|-
 
|-
 
| DaveD  || 50% ||  || 50%
 
| DaveD  || 50% ||  || 50%
Line 40: Line 40:
 
| Uwe    ||  5% || -  || 5%
 
| Uwe    ||  5% || -  || 5%
 
|-
 
|-
| Michael || 10% || || 10%
+
| Michael || 10% || Really working on terminal performance now + refactorings || 50%
 
|}
 
|}
  
=== Plan for the TM Future ===
+
=== Current Work ===
* [[DSDP/TM/Face-to-face_Chicago_19-Sep-2007]]: Participants? Agenda Items? - Martin needs confirmation to book his flight.
+
* '''Asterisk Conferencing'''
 +
** Quality too bad 5 people with DaveM calling from home
 +
 
 +
 
 +
* [[DSDP/TM/Face-to-face Meeting Toronto 17-Sep-2007]]: Participants? Agenda Items? - Martin needs confirmation to book his flight.
 +
** DaveD: Extreme travel restrictions at IBM -- asking till Friday 20th whether the Dave's can come
 
* [[TM_2.0_Ramp_down_Plan_for_Europa#Ramp_down_for_Europa_SR1_.2828-Sep-2007.29|2.0.1 Ramp Down Plan]]: Questions? Thoughts?
 
* [[TM_2.0_Ramp_down_Plan_for_Europa#Ramp_down_for_Europa_SR1_.2828-Sep-2007.29|2.0.1 Ramp Down Plan]]: Questions? Thoughts?
 +
** End of August cutoff for 2.0.1 is OK -- may not be able to do all assigned 2.0.1 ones
 +
** Deferring not a problem, currently it's more of a "what's possible assignment"
 
* Unit Tests / TPTP AGR
 
* Unit Tests / TPTP AGR
 +
** Xuan spent some time on Unittests, created a test for create/copy/rename of archives, want to create some more
 +
** Created some stuff, will check in once promoted to committer
 +
** Just calling the APIs -- did not find a similar testcase to re-use; local host for now, dstore as next step.
 +
  
=== Current Work ===
 
 
* '''Deadlock:''' Everybody please read the text on synchronized at [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=196919#c2 bug 196919 comment 2]
 
* '''Deadlock:''' Everybody please read the text on synchronized at [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=196919#c2 bug 196919 comment 2]
 +
** Uwe: Is RSE thread aware? - We are using Jobs; some parts are well protected (RSEPersistenceProvider: single-threaded); model objects not so sure; old IBM RSE was mostly dispatch thread, added jobs later, tried to be careful.
 +
 
* [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=193329 193329] First Column in Table View
 
* [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=193329 193329] First Column in Table View
* What is the intent of drag&drop a Subsystem
+
** Martin: PropertyDescriptor quirks -- filling PropertyView differently than Tableview -- '''AI Martin''' to look at it
* [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_severity=blocker&bug_severity=critical&bug_severity=major&cmdtype=doit Severity Major Bugs]:
+
** '''DaveM:''' [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=193858 193858] RSE folder tree problem - tempfiles do not take connection name or user id on remote side into account; similar to tempfiles structure does not support tunnelling - [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=195285 195285] mountPathMappers enhancement - '''AI DaveM look at this week'''
+
** '''Martin:''' Telnet, EFS, Releng (consume Orbit officially)
+
** Any Doc issues still open? ('''AI DaveD''') - some Tutorial issues; defer until late in the 2.0.1 cycle? DaveD like to do it a little earlier than in the absolute end.
+
** Kushal to reassign almost all of his bugs to the Inbox
+
* Javadoc Reviews: @since tag for new API, missing @param tags, ... can be fixed now for RSE since we are rebuilding just about every RSE plugin for 2.0.1 (except discovery, terminal, remotecdt, tests right now)
+
* '''Adding Unit Tests''' will also be a high priority. Archive Handlers are a good candidate to test -- can write a single unit test for create, add, extract, modify, move and then apply to ZIP / Tar / Local / DStore
+
** Currently 19 JUnit tests in the org.eclipse.rse.test - '''AI Xuan''' to import into workspace, DaveD to answer questions
+
  
  
=== Work post 2.0.1 ===
 
* Currently feels like too many bugs are assigned 2.0.1 -- but we'll decide that after 2.0 is released
 
 
* '''Bugzilla''': [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_severity=blocker&bug_severity=critical&bug_severity=major&cmdtype=doit Severity Major], [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&cmdtype=doit&field0-0-0=priority&type0-0-0=regexp&value0-0-0=P%5B12%5D&field0-0-1=bug_severity&type0-0-1=regexp&value0-0-1=blocker%7Ccritical%7Cmajor hi-priority]
 
* '''Bugzilla''': [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_severity=blocker&bug_severity=critical&bug_severity=major&cmdtype=doit Severity Major], [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&cmdtype=doit&field0-0-0=priority&type0-0-0=regexp&value0-0-0=P%5B12%5D&field0-0-1=bug_severity&type0-0-1=regexp&value0-0-1=blocker%7Ccritical%7Cmajor hi-priority]
 +
** '''DaveM:''' [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=193858 193858] RSE folder tree problem -- [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=195285 195285] mountPathMappers enhancement needs API change, so have to defer to the Future; Workaround is using different forms of the IP address for the same host.
 +
** '''DaveM:''' [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=196662 196662] Refresh on Dispatch thread could be tricky since already in the event handler -- getObject() is there since the adapter has no exists() method
 +
*** Martin - perhaps solve it with Callbacks as temporary solution, add an exists() method in the future (we just re-get the existing object)
 +
** '''Martin:''' [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=192610 192610] EFS to be attacked next thing
 +
** '''Xuan:''' [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=191374 191374] SSH Performance on large directory -- fix the dependent bugs, then re-try again
 +
 +
 +
* Javadoc Reviews: @since tag for new API, missing @param tags, ... can be fixed now for RSE since we are rebuilding just about every RSE plugin for 2.0.1 (except discovery, terminal, remotecdt, tests right now)
  
 
== Vacation, Away ==
 
== Vacation, Away ==
* Xuan - maybe some public holidays beginning of August (Aug 3rd, Aug 6th) in Toronto
+
* Xuan -public holidays beginning of August (Aug 3rd, Aug 6th) in Toronto
 
* DaveD working on and off
 
* DaveD working on and off
 
* DaveM, DaveD taking a couple weeks in August
 
* DaveM, DaveD taking a couple weeks in August
Line 74: Line 84:
 
== Action Items ==
 
== Action Items ==
 
* [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 10-Jul-2007#Action_Items|Last Meeting]] Action Items
 
* [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 10-Jul-2007#Action_Items|Last Meeting]] Action Items
* '''DaveD''': 2.0.1 important fixes, then Doc bugs (Tutorial)
+
* '''DaveD''': '''Let Martin know whether travel to Chicago/Toronto is possible'''; Xuan committer form; 2.0.1 important fixes, then Doc bugs (Tutorial)
* '''DaveM''': 2.0.1 fixes, [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=195285 195285] mountPathMappers enhancement
+
* '''DaveM''': 2.0.1 fixes, [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=196662 196662] refresh on dispatch thread
* '''Kushal''': reassign bugs to Inbox
+
* '''Xuan''': Fill in committer questionnaire; Unit Tests
* '''Xuan''': look at existing org.eclipse.rse.tests, start JUnit tests for archive handlers
+
* '''Martin''': Look at PropertyDescriptor issues; EFS fixes; unit tests; Migration Docs, EFS Fixes, Releng Fixes, Newsgroup
* '''Martin''': 2.0.1 fixes, unit tests; Contact Equinox people; Migration Docs, EFS Fixes, Releng Fixes, Newsgroup
+
 
* '''Javier''': 2.0.1 fixes, unit tests
 
* '''Javier''': 2.0.1 fixes, unit tests
 
* '''Michael''': Terminal performance improvements
 
* '''Michael''': Terminal performance improvements
Line 85: Line 94:
 
* [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 24-Jul-2007]] at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2007&month=7&day=24&hour=15&min=00&sec=0&p1=224&p2=159&p3=250&p4=136&p5=223&iv=1800 1500 UTC]
 
* [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 24-Jul-2007]] at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2007&month=7&day=24&hour=15&min=00&sec=0&p1=224&p2=159&p3=250&p4=136&p5=223&iv=1800 1500 UTC]
 
* Monthly [[DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 1-Aug-2007]] at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=8&day=1&year=2007&hour=16&min=00&sec=0&p1=0 9am PST / 1600 UTC]
 
* Monthly [[DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 1-Aug-2007]] at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=8&day=1&year=2007&hour=16&min=00&sec=0&p1=0 9am PST / 1600 UTC]
* [[DSDP/TM/Face-to-face Chicago 19-Sep-2007]]
+
* [[DSDP/TM/Face-to-face Meeting Toronto 17-Sep-2007]]
  
 
[[Category:DSDP/TM]]
 
[[Category:DSDP/TM]]

Latest revision as of 14:52, 31 July 2007

Meeting Title: TM Committer Phone Meeting
Date & Time: Tuesday Jul 18, 2007 at 1500 UTC / 1100 Eastern
Dial-in: asterisk.eclipse.org ID: 8980 Passcode: 1234

Backup dial-in: International +44 (0)1452 567588 / Freephone +1 (866) 6161738 / UK 08712460713 / Passcode: 0587322148 #


MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.
Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call. MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.
Skype fallback dial-in - only if less than 5 participants: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, javier.montalvoorus, tedatteddotnet, michael_scharf, and uwe.stieber.

Attendees

  • IBM - Dave McKnight, Dave Dykstal, Xuan Chen, Kevin Doyle
  • Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orús
  • Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Michael Scharf, Uwe Stieber

This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).

Notes

News & Review Action Items

Martin 100% Bug triage, RXTX releng, fixes (e.g. deadlock) 100%
DaveD 50% 50%
DaveM 70% 70%
Javier 30% 30%
Uwe 5% - 5%
Michael 10% Really working on terminal performance now + refactorings 50%

Current Work

  • Asterisk Conferencing
    • Quality too bad 5 people with DaveM calling from home


  • DSDP/TM/Face-to-face Meeting Toronto 17-Sep-2007: Participants? Agenda Items? - Martin needs confirmation to book his flight.
    • DaveD: Extreme travel restrictions at IBM -- asking till Friday 20th whether the Dave's can come
  • 2.0.1 Ramp Down Plan: Questions? Thoughts?
    • End of August cutoff for 2.0.1 is OK -- may not be able to do all assigned 2.0.1 ones
    • Deferring not a problem, currently it's more of a "what's possible assignment"
  • Unit Tests / TPTP AGR
    • Xuan spent some time on Unittests, created a test for create/copy/rename of archives, want to create some more
    • Created some stuff, will check in once promoted to committer
    • Just calling the APIs -- did not find a similar testcase to re-use; local host for now, dstore as next step.


  • Deadlock: Everybody please read the text on synchronized at bug 196919 comment 2
    • Uwe: Is RSE thread aware? - We are using Jobs; some parts are well protected (RSEPersistenceProvider: single-threaded); model objects not so sure; old IBM RSE was mostly dispatch thread, added jobs later, tried to be careful.
  • 193329 First Column in Table View
    • Martin: PropertyDescriptor quirks -- filling PropertyView differently than Tableview -- AI Martin to look at it


  • Bugzilla: Severity Major, hi-priority
    • DaveM: 193858 RSE folder tree problem -- 195285 mountPathMappers enhancement needs API change, so have to defer to the Future; Workaround is using different forms of the IP address for the same host.
    • DaveM: 196662 Refresh on Dispatch thread could be tricky since already in the event handler -- getObject() is there since the adapter has no exists() method
      • Martin - perhaps solve it with Callbacks as temporary solution, add an exists() method in the future (we just re-get the existing object)
    • Martin: 192610 EFS to be attacked next thing
    • Xuan: 191374 SSH Performance on large directory -- fix the dependent bugs, then re-try again


  • Javadoc Reviews: @since tag for new API, missing @param tags, ... can be fixed now for RSE since we are rebuilding just about every RSE plugin for 2.0.1 (except discovery, terminal, remotecdt, tests right now)

Vacation, Away

  • Xuan -public holidays beginning of August (Aug 3rd, Aug 6th) in Toronto
  • DaveD working on and off
  • DaveM, DaveD taking a couple weeks in August
  • Javier ooo last two weeks in August

Action Items

  • Last Meeting Action Items
  • DaveD: Let Martin know whether travel to Chicago/Toronto is possible; Xuan committer form; 2.0.1 important fixes, then Doc bugs (Tutorial)
  • DaveM: 2.0.1 fixes, 196662 refresh on dispatch thread
  • Xuan: Fill in committer questionnaire; Unit Tests
  • Martin: Look at PropertyDescriptor issues; EFS fixes; unit tests; Migration Docs, EFS Fixes, Releng Fixes, Newsgroup
  • Javier: 2.0.1 fixes, unit tests
  • Michael: Terminal performance improvements

Next Meeting