DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 17-Oct-2007
|Meeting Title:||TM Committer Phone Meeting|
|Date & Time:||Wednesday Oct 17, 2007 at 1500 UTC / 1100 Eastern|
|Dial-in:||Martin to call everybody by Skype|
Backup dial-in: International +44 (0)1452 567588 / Freephone +1 (866) 6161738 / UK 08712460713 / Passcode: 0587322148 #
MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.
Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call. MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.
Skype dial-in: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, kevin.j.doyle, xuan.chen886, rupen.mardirossian, javier.montalvoorus, tedatteddotnet, michael_scharf, and uwe.stieber.
- IBM - Xuan Chen, Dave McKnight, Kevin Doyle, Dave Dykstal, Rupen Mardirossian
- Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Uwe Stieber, Michael Scharf
- Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orus
This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).
- Last meeting: DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 3-Oct-2007
- Skype Call Quality
- Excellent for everyone today (7 participants)
- Code and Branching
- continue working on HEAD; Martin can merge fixes to maintenance branch
- If a fix is a candidate for M-builds, please attach the patch on bugzilla and let Martin know
- Releasing into the M-builds is not painful for Martin but may be painful if not done before; Instructions are on Bug 205297 comment 11
- N-builds good for now, no need for I-builds
- Committer Calls frequency
- keep 2 weeks
- Planning - AI Martin to write up what we discussed in Toronto
- Project Plan tbd; Xuan won't send notes because stuff is on the "Future Planning" page anyways.
- Bug Fixing - Remember our 2-fix-per-week / 3 unittests-per-milestone plan
- DaveD is positive to hit the fix rate, hopefully more
- Deadline today at IBM for non-opensource stuff, should be better afterwards
- DaveM will merge some dstore specific stuff
- Migration going forward without too much help from core openRSE team
- Reminder: BugDay next Friday (October 26)
- DaveD: - vacation - bug 202630 new meaning of "default private system profile"?
- taken some time to check Terminal on the Mac
- compile error in HEAD! Cannot compile on the Mac! protected VirtualCanvas.getBackgroundColor() does not override private Control.getBackgroundColor()
- DaveM: - bug 187739 exists() method in the SystemViewElementAdapter
- Kevin: -
- Xuan: - any stuff involving NLS need to be finished by M6 (end of march); docs freeze is June 27
- Platform re-releasing 3.3.1 -- Martin: If Europa is updated, TM will also have updates there from the M-branch.
- Javier: - n/a today (will look at bug 199773 FTP upload as binary)
- Mostly been working on Terminal / M-builds
- bug 202416 Question for DaveD: NPE when loading profile: made it more robust, but how could it come that RSE profile data is wiped with zeros? What happens when an IOException occurs while saving a profile, can it become corrupted or is there a safeguard?
- DaveD: Never seen an exception - exceptions are logged but profile save fails silently; there is no recovery
- Martin: Potentially inform the user about exceptions during save; workspace on NFS drive is not recommended; perhaps fall back to different file name
- Profile save is below UI layer - would need new API allow catching exceptions!
- --> Filed new bug 206640 - could perhaps register with the Manager
- Was at ESE2007 - good attendance at TM talk;
- Uwe: - working on commercial product
- Rupen: - bug 204307 Should listFolders(IRemoteFile parent, String fileNameFilter, IProgressMonitor monitor) passing a null FileNameFilter parameter, be dealt with in the same way as listFiles and listFoldersAndFiles. This would require that all folders are returned by assigning a '*' to the fileNameFilter as oppose to leaving it null which is causing a NPE whenever listFolders(IRemoteFile parent, IProgressMonitor monitor) is called. This will require a javadoc change as well.
- DaveM: should be treated the same, accepting patch
- Michael: - n/a
- Last Meeting Action Items
- DaveD: fixes, unit tests
- DaveM: fixes, unit tests
- Xuan: fixes, unit tests
- Kevin: fixes, unit tests
- Martin: Write-up TM 3.0 Plan; Look at PropertyDescriptor issues; unit tests; Releng Fixes, Newsgroup
- Javier: fixes, unit tests
- Michael: Terminal performance improvements