Difference between revisions of "DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 17-Dec-2008"

From Eclipsepedia

< DSDP‎ | TM
Jump to: navigation, search
Line 19: Line 19:
 
This meeting is free for everyone to attend. It's a service of the TM developers and committers to community, fostering exchange of upcoming news, status and asking questions. Committers are expected to attend.
 
This meeting is free for everyone to attend. It's a service of the TM developers and committers to community, fostering exchange of upcoming news, status and asking questions. Committers are expected to attend.
  
<!--
 
 
* Committers:
 
* Committers:
** IBM - Xuan Chen, Kevin Doyle, Dave Dykstal, Dave McKnight
+
** IBM - Dave Dykstal, Dave McKnight
** Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Michael Scharf, Uwe Stieber, Eugene Tarassov, Felix Burton
+
** Wind River - Martin Oberhuber
 
** ProSyst - Radoslav Gerganov
 
** ProSyst - Radoslav Gerganov
 
** MontaVista - Anna Dushistova  
 
** MontaVista - Anna Dushistova  
 
* Others:
 
** LANL / PTP Project - Greg Watson
 
** ARM - Anthony Berent
 
** TI - Dobrin Alexey
 
** Motorola - Maureen Brenner, Fabio Fantato, Daniel Franco, Christian Kurzke, Ruth Soliani
 
** Accelerated Technology - Aaron Spear, Mark Bozeman
 
** Freescale - Kirk Beitz
 
-->
 
  
 
== Agenda ==
 
== Agenda ==

Revision as of 13:44, 17 December 2008

Meeting Title: TM Committer Meeting
Date & Time: Wednesday Dec 17, 2008 at 1700 UTC / 12pm Toronto
Html.gifHTML | Ical.gifiCal
Dial-in: Martin to call everybody by Skype
Interested Parties ping martin.oberhuber on Skype Chat for getting added to the call.

Backup dial-in: International +44 (0)1452 567588 / Freephone +1 (866) 6161738 / UK 08712460713 / Passcode: 0587322148 #

Skype dial-in: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kevin.j.doyle, xuan.chen886, eugenetarassov, michael_scharf, uwe.stieber, radoslav.gerganov, wrsfburton, anna_dushistova.


Contents

Attendees

This meeting is free for everyone to attend. It's a service of the TM developers and committers to community, fostering exchange of upcoming news, status and asking questions. Committers are expected to attend.

  • Committers:
    • IBM - Dave Dykstal, Dave McKnight
    • Wind River - Martin Oberhuber
    • ProSyst - Radoslav Gerganov
    • MontaVista - Anna Dushistova

Agenda

Last Meetings

Update on RSE Status

TM 3.0.2

  • Post-mortem: DaveM - worked reasonably well, 1 consumer wants something fixed after the fact but have a workaround
  • Martin: Build infra for 3.0.3 in place. Commits + Release into Mapfile should suffice. Version numbers must be updated (don't forget feature versions and site.xml). Martin wants committers to release and upversion themselves but is there to help in case of issues.

TM 3.1 Big Rocks

  • TM 3.1 Big Rocks / New Features - See also the TM 3.1 plan
  • Martin:
  • Rado:
  • DaveM:
    • bug 253481 get rid of Platform non-API use (probably part of it)
    • bug 245260 UI Preference to support different RSE tempfiles caches for different users / ports on the same host
    • bug 212742 Utility to send commands without receiving output
    • bug 176461 API to expand Systemview nodes to arbitrary level (specifying a path) - command stuff already has some infrastructure for this
    • bug 218227 contribute a "Show in RSE" action to project explorer
    • bug 203001 support remote folder compares
  • DaveD:
    • bug 222380 bug 239158 merging subsystems on import - goes together with performance - committed
    • bug 244172 bug 233748 Persistence Provider Performance - goes together with merging - committed
    • bug 225320 Equinox Secure Storage for RSE passwords - committed
    • bug 192970 deterministic mnemonics everywhere - we likely cannot get rid of the support for auto-computing mnemonics (too many products)
      • Martin: include an optional "logger" in the mnemonics generation system: warn about auto-generated mnemonics, log the mnemonic assigned in a format that allows applying the generated mnemonic to the original property file
    • bug 169422 Eclipse conform table sort icons - small UI
    • bug 148977 propose default filter names - small
    • bug 153249 launch-shell contextmenu on filter nodes - small
    • bug 193477 link-with instead of lock icon in details view toolbar - small UI
  • Michael:
  • Anna:
    • bug 181517 Remotecdt commands before application launch / before opening a shell or terminal - committed
    • bug 164959 API for IHostShell#waitFor(), IHostShell#writeToShellAndWait() - need to check
    • Launching commands through TCF
  • Kevin:
  • Xuan:
  • 3.1 Deferred Big Rocks / Features
    • bug 158770 bug 160100 do not use Projects to cache RSE tempfiles (due to case sensitivity and charset differences)
    • bug 174495 Multiple subsystems of the same kind under 1 host (e.g. ftp files + dstore files) - need investigation
    • bug 176490 improve connection property and wizard pages - too big

TM 3.1 Current status

Questions

Vacations

  • DaveD, Martin last week of dec and 1st week of Jan
  • DaveM vacation Dec 18,19 - only in half days afterwards (part time until Jan 6)
  • Rado working Mon 22,23 - vacation until Jan 6
  • Anna Jan1 - Jan10

Action Items

Next Meeting