DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 17-Apr-2007
|Meeting Title:||TM Committer Phone Meeting|
|Date & Time:||Tuesday Apr 17, 2007 at 1500 UTC|
|Dial-in:|| International +44 (0)1452 567588|
North America +1 (866) 6161738 (toll free)
UK National 08712460713
Passcode: 0587322148 #
MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.
Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call. MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.
Skype fallback dial-in - only if less than 5 participants: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, javier.montalvoorus, tedatteddotnet, michael_scharf, and uwe.stieber.
- IBM - Dave McKnight, Dave Dykstal (Kushal Munir n/a)
- Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orús
- Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Uwe Stieber (Michael Scharf n/a), (Ted Williams n/a)
This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).
- Last meeting: DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 10-Apr-2007
TM 2.0M6 Test and Download Stats
- See DSDP/TM/Download Stats 17-Apr-2007
- Even 1.0 is still being downloaded (+38 downloads since 7-Feb); 1.0.1 +1038 since 7-Feb
- Bulk of 2.x downloads comes from Europa site!
- Europa Downloaders seem to tend to get everything
- Terminal slightly gaining significance with M5
- rseserver-linux is most popular since 1.0.1 (rseserver-windows was it before)
- When compiling statistics, M6a was not yet announced (only Europa got it from the update site)
News & Review Action Items
|Martin||100%||[done] fix EFS and respin 2.0M6a; [done] TM Webinar; [done] Update website, blog, promote Webinar and TM 2.0M6a; [done] Testing and Download Statistics;||100%|
|DaveD||100%||Persistence Improvements - really happy with interface now; thinks about properties to change the instanciation of the provider, e.g. in order to tailor it for storing in .metadata - Martin wants persistence to work without org.eclipse.core.resource if possible in order to fix EFS early startup||70%|
|DaveM||10%||ISubSystem.connect() for EFS; Bugfixes||20%|
|Javier||50%||FTP Parser Extension Point - Problems persisting Property Set (DaveD thinks he knows the issue)||50%|
|Michael||10%||173730 Terminal Separate Input Line||10%|
Time Plan and Deadlines toward M7
- Plan towards M7 - goals and deadlines for I-builds
- I20070419 -- Fixes for localization enablement testing (BIDI, DBCS)
- I20070426 -- Major breaking API changes (Martin: getSystemType(), getInstance(); UI/Non-UI; Persistence)
- I20070503 -- Minor API changes - Final Feature Additions - Feature Freeze (Terminal integration; FTP Parser)
- I20070510 -- Stabilization, start TM 2.0M7 Testing
- I20070516 -- TM 2.0M7 (17th is a public holiday in Austria!)
- Stability of this week's I-build for enablement testing is not too important --> Add importexport, useractions; DaveD to add persistence.
- All committers are in favor of the persistence changes
Bugs and open work to be discussed
- Current Priorities
- Priority #1: Open Major Bugs - Copying issues, NPEs
- Priority #2: EFS: Martin, done
- Open Remote Project on Startup: Get rid of IResource dependencies where possible; minimal plugin activations; UI/Non-UI
- Copy(), Move() operations;
- Priority #3: Remaining API changes for Persistence, Refresh etc.
- Mostly DaveD and Martin
- 182454 - what is the meaning of ISystemViewElementAdapter.getAbsoluteName()
- DaveM: Original intent was providing a unique ID similar to an URI - any object should be uniquely identifiable by a string.
- Used by Drag&Drop for instance, to allow windows native dnd support with a "filename"; also copy&paste, memento
- Should be enforced, null should not be allowed
- Should be unique within a single subsystem (multiple subsystems can have different elements with same absolute name)
- Javier: FTP parallel download, allowing to register directory listing parser by extension point
- Useractions / Importexport: - AI Martin add to nightly builds; AI DaveD, Kushal persistence with User Actions; Dave working on API prerequisites now; AI DaveM Import/Export
- General Guidelines
- Avoid breaking API changes if possible (keep delegate methods, use deprecation)
- Kushal out 1/2 day on Tuesday (during meeting time), another 1/2 day on Wed and full day on Thur
- DaveD out on Friday 20th
- Last Meeting Action Items
- DaveD: Remaining changes for Persistence (will be required for User Actions)
- DaveM: Major bugs for dstore, copying
- Kushal: BIDI bugs
- Martin: Testing Stats; Add Import/Export and UDA to I-builds; Refresh improvements; Integrating Terminal with RSE
- Javier: FTP parallel download, registering FTP Parser by extension point