Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 17-Apr-2007"

< DSDP‎ | TM
 
(2 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 15: Line 15:
  
 
== Attendees ==
 
== Attendees ==
* IBM - Dave McKnight, Dave Dykstal, Kushal Munir
+
* IBM - Dave McKnight, Dave Dykstal (Kushal Munir n/a)
 
* Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orús
 
* Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orús
* Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Uwe Stieber, Michael Scharf, Ted Williams
+
* Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Uwe Stieber (Michael Scharf n/a), (Ted Williams n/a)
  
 
This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).
 
This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).
Line 26: Line 26:
 
=== TM 2.0M6 Test and Download Stats ===
 
=== TM 2.0M6 Test and Download Stats ===
  
{|border="1"
+
* See [[DSDP/TM/Download Stats 17-Apr-2007]]
|+ TM Download statistics as per 16-Apr-2007
+
! Component              !!    1.0 !!  1.0.1 !!    2.0M4 !!  2.0M5  !! 2.0M6 !!    2.0M6a !! Note
+
|-
+
! Date                  !! 12-Nov !!  15-Dec !!    4-Jan !!  24-Feb !! 6-Apr !!    11-Apr !!
+
|-
+
| RSE-SDK                ||    525 ||    1255 ||      130 ||      124 ||    49 ||        - ||
+
|-
+
| rse-runtime-core      ||    124 ||    167 ||      19 ||      19 ||    14 ||        - ||
+
|-
+
| rseserver-windows      ||    208 ||    196 ||      22 ||      26 ||    12 ||        - ||
+
|-
+
| rseserver-linux        ||    144 ||    203 ||      26 ||      31 ||    15 ||        - ||
+
|-
+
| rse.core (Update Site) ||    173 ||    871 ||    3+423 ||    0+393 || 21+33 ||      23+0 || US+Europa
+
|-
+
! Total (SDK+runt+upd)  !!    822 !!    2293 !!      575 !!      536 !!  117 !!        23 !!
+
|-
+
| examples              || 87+103 || 175+530 || 24+0    || 30+0+375 ||colspan=2|  8+37+25 || DL+US+Europa
+
|-
+
| remotecdt              || 71+158 || 216+283 || 27+0+347 || 32+0+332 ||colspan=2|  16+5+22 || DL+US+Europa
+
|-
+
| discovery              ||  71+77 || 119+354 || 22+0+378 || 21+0+368 ||colspan=2| 10+27+26 || DL+US+Europa
+
|-
+
| efs                    ||  50+98 || 142+448 || 30+0    || 33+0    ||colspan=2|      -  ||
+
|-
+
| terminal              ||    -  || 222+374 || 46+0+376 || 50+0+385 ||colspan=2| 18+31+29 || DL+US+Europa
+
|-
+
| tests                  ||    -  ||      -  ||  5+0    ||  4+0    ||colspan=2|  3+0    ||
+
|}
+
 
+
 
+
* For previous stats and analysis, see [[DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 7-Feb-2007#Recent_Download_Statistics]], [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 16-Jan-2007|16-Jan-2007]], [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 19-Dec-2006|19-Dec-2006]] and [[DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 8-Nov-2006|8-Nov-2006]]
+
 
* Even 1.0 is still being downloaded (+38 downloads since 7-Feb); 1.0.1 +1038 since 7-Feb
 
* Even 1.0 is still being downloaded (+38 downloads since 7-Feb); 1.0.1 +1038 since 7-Feb
 
* Bulk of 2.x downloads comes from Europa site!
 
* Bulk of 2.x downloads comes from Europa site!
Line 66: Line 34:
 
* When compiling statistics, M6a was not yet announced (only Europa got it from the update site)
 
* When compiling statistics, M6a was not yet announced (only Europa got it from the update site)
  
* Download Queries: /dsdp/tm/downloads/drops/S-2.0M6a-
 
* Internal Note: Update Site Queries need to add *.pack.gz and *.jar answers
 
** Update Site rse.core: /dsdp/tm/updates/milestones/plugins/org.eclipse.rse.ui_
 
** Update Site Examples: /dsdp/tm/updates/milestones/plugins/org.eclipse.rse.examples.source_
 
** Update Site Remotecdt: /dsdp/tm/updates/milestones/plugins/org.eclipse.rse.remotecdt_
 
** Update Site Discovery: /dsdp/tm/updates/milestones/plugins/org.eclipse.rse.discovery_
 
** Update Site Terminal: /dsdp/tm/updates/milestones/plugins/org.eclipse.tm.terminal.ssh_
 
** Update Site Tests: /dsdp/tm/updates/milestones/plugins/org.eclipse.rse.tests_
 
* Europa
 
** Europa rse.core: /releases/europa/plugins/org.eclipse.rse.ui_
 
** Europa Examples: /releases/europa/plugins/org.eclipse.rse.examples.source_
 
** Europa Remotecdt: /releases/europa/plugins/org.eclipse.rse.remotecdt.source_
 
** Europa Discovery: /releases/europa/plugins/org.eclipse.rse.discovery_
 
** Europa Terminal: /releases/europa/plugins/org.eclipse.tm.terminal.ssh.source_
 
* 1.0.x Update Site
 
** /dsdp/tm/updates/plugins/org.eclipse.rse.ui_
 
** /dsdp/tm/updates/plugins/org.eclipse.rse.examples.source_
 
** /dsdp/tm/updates/plugins/org.eclipse.rse.remotecdt.source_
 
** /dsdp/tm/updates/plugins/org.eclipse.rse.discovery_
 
** /dsdp/tm/updates/plugins/org.eclipse.rse.eclipse.filesystem_
 
** /dsdp/tm/updates/plugins/org.eclipse.tm.terminal.ssh_
 
  
 
=== News & Review Action Items ===
 
=== News & Review Action Items ===
  
 
{|border=1
 
{|border=1
| Martin  || 100% || [done] fix EFS and respin 2.0M6a; [done] TM Webinar; [done] Update website, blog, promote Webinar and TM 2.0M6a; [done] Testing and Download Statistics; [done] Add Import/Export and UDA to I-builds;  || 100%
+
| Martin  || 100% || [done] fix EFS and respin 2.0M6a; [done] TM Webinar; [done] Update website, blog, promote Webinar and TM 2.0M6a; [done] Testing and Download Statistics; || 100%
 
|-
 
|-
| DaveD  || 100% || Persistence Improvements ||  
+
| DaveD  || 100% || Persistence Improvements - really happy with interface now; thinks about properties to change the instanciation of the provider, e.g. in order to tailor it for storing in .metadata - Martin wants persistence to work without org.eclipse.core.resource if possible in order to fix EFS early startup || 70%
 
|-
 
|-
| DaveM  ||  10% || ISubSystem.connect() for EFS; Bugfixes ||  
+
| DaveM  ||  10% || ISubSystem.connect() for EFS; Bugfixes || 20%
 
|-
 
|-
| Kushal || 50% || BIDI Encodings ||  
+
| (Kushal) || (50%) || (BIDI Encodings) || (?)
 
|-
 
|-
| Javier  ||  50% || FTP Parser Extension Point ||  
+
| Javier  ||  50% || FTP Parser Extension Point - Problems persisting Property Set (DaveD thinks he knows the issue) || 50%
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Ted    ||  0% || -  || 0%
 
| Ted    ||  0% || -  || 0%
Line 116: Line 63:
 
** I20070510 -- Stabilization, start [[TM 2.0M7 Testing]]
 
** I20070510 -- Stabilization, start [[TM 2.0M7 Testing]]
 
** I20070516 -- TM 2.0M7 (17th is a public holiday in Austria!)
 
** I20070516 -- TM 2.0M7 (17th is a public holiday in Austria!)
 +
 +
 +
* Stability of this week's I-build for enablement testing is not too important --> Add importexport, useractions; DaveD to add persistence.
 +
* All committers are in favor of the persistence changes
  
 
=== Bugs and open work to be discussed ===
 
=== Bugs and open work to be discussed ===
Line 121: Line 72:
 
* '''Current Priorities'''
 
* '''Current Priorities'''
 
** '''Priority #1: Open Major Bugs''' - Copying issues, NPEs
 
** '''Priority #1: Open Major Bugs''' - Copying issues, NPEs
*** '''NLS bugs''': BIDI, DBCS
+
*** Bugzilla: [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_severity=blocker&bug_severity=critical&bug_severity=major&cmdtype=doit Severity Major], [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&cmdtype=doit&field0-0-0=priority&type0-0-0=regexp&value0-0-0=P%5B12%5D&field0-0-1=bug_severity&type0-0-1=regexp&value0-0-1=blocker%7Ccritical%7Cmajor hi-priority]
*** Enablement Testers may be able to help fixing bugs and submitting patches - point them to the [[TM_and_RSE_FAQ]]
+
** '''Priority #2: EFS''': Martin, done
** '''Priority #2: EFS''': Martin
+
 
*** Open Remote Project on Startup: Get rid of IResource dependencies where possible; minimal plugin activations; UI/Non-UI
 
*** Open Remote Project on Startup: Get rid of IResource dependencies where possible; minimal plugin activations; UI/Non-UI
 
*** Copy(), Move() operations;  
 
*** Copy(), Move() operations;  
 
** '''Priority #3: Remaining API changes''' for Persistence, Refresh etc.
 
** '''Priority #3: Remaining API changes''' for Persistence, Refresh etc.
 
*** Mostly DaveD and Martin
 
*** Mostly DaveD and Martin
 +
*** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=182454 182454] - what is the meaning of ISystemViewElementAdapter.getAbsoluteName()
 +
**** DaveM: Original intent was providing a unique ID similar to an URI - any object should be uniquely identifiable by a string.
 +
**** Used by Drag&Drop for instance, to allow windows native dnd support with a "filename"; also copy&paste, memento
 +
**** Should be enforced, null should not be allowed
 +
**** Should be unique within a single subsystem (multiple subsystems can have different elements with same absolute name)
 
*** '''Javier''': FTP parallel download, allowing to register directory listing parser by extension point
 
*** '''Javier''': FTP parallel download, allowing to register directory listing parser by extension point
 
*** Useractions / Importexport: - '''AI Martin''' add to nightly builds; '''AI DaveD, Kushal''' persistence with User Actions; Dave working on API prerequisites now; '''AI DaveM''' Import/Export
 
*** Useractions / Importexport: - '''AI Martin''' add to nightly builds; '''AI DaveD, Kushal''' persistence with User Actions; Dave working on API prerequisites now; '''AI DaveM''' Import/Export
Line 144: Line 99:
 
* '''DaveM''': Major bugs for dstore, copying
 
* '''DaveM''': Major bugs for dstore, copying
 
* '''Kushal''': BIDI bugs
 
* '''Kushal''': BIDI bugs
* '''Martin''': Refresh improvements; Integrating Terminal with RSE
+
* '''Martin''': Testing Stats; Add Import/Export and UDA to I-builds; Refresh improvements; Integrating Terminal with RSE
 
* '''Javier''': FTP parallel download, registering FTP Parser by extension point
 
* '''Javier''': FTP parallel download, registering FTP Parser by extension point
  

Latest revision as of 04:40, 23 April 2007

Meeting Title: TM Committer Phone Meeting
Date & Time: Tuesday Apr 17, 2007 at 1500 UTC
Dial-in: International +44 (0)1452 567588
North America +1 (866) 6161738 (toll free)
UK National 08712460713
Passcode: 0587322148 #

MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.
Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call. MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.
Skype fallback dial-in - only if less than 5 participants: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, javier.montalvoorus, tedatteddotnet, michael_scharf, and uwe.stieber.

Attendees

  • IBM - Dave McKnight, Dave Dykstal (Kushal Munir n/a)
  • Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orús
  • Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Uwe Stieber (Michael Scharf n/a), (Ted Williams n/a)

This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).

Notes

TM 2.0M6 Test and Download Stats

  • See DSDP/TM/Download Stats 17-Apr-2007
  • Even 1.0 is still being downloaded (+38 downloads since 7-Feb); 1.0.1 +1038 since 7-Feb
  • Bulk of 2.x downloads comes from Europa site!
    • Europa Downloaders seem to tend to get everything
    • Terminal slightly gaining significance with M5
  • rseserver-linux is most popular since 1.0.1 (rseserver-windows was it before)
  • When compiling statistics, M6a was not yet announced (only Europa got it from the update site)


News & Review Action Items

Martin 100% [done] fix EFS and respin 2.0M6a; [done] TM Webinar; [done] Update website, blog, promote Webinar and TM 2.0M6a; [done] Testing and Download Statistics; 100%
DaveD 100% Persistence Improvements - really happy with interface now; thinks about properties to change the instanciation of the provider, e.g. in order to tailor it for storing in .metadata - Martin wants persistence to work without org.eclipse.core.resource if possible in order to fix EFS early startup 70%
DaveM 10% ISubSystem.connect() for EFS; Bugfixes 20%
(Kushal) (50%) (BIDI Encodings) (?)
Javier 50% FTP Parser Extension Point - Problems persisting Property Set (DaveD thinks he knows the issue) 50%
Ted 0% - 0%
Uwe 5% - 5%
Michael 10% 173730 Terminal Separate Input Line 10%

Time Plan and Deadlines toward M7

  • Plan towards M7 - goals and deadlines for I-builds
    • I20070419 -- Fixes for localization enablement testing (BIDI, DBCS)
    • I20070426 -- Major breaking API changes (Martin: getSystemType(), getInstance(); UI/Non-UI; Persistence)
    • I20070503 -- Minor API changes - Final Feature Additions - Feature Freeze (Terminal integration; FTP Parser)
    • I20070510 -- Stabilization, start TM 2.0M7 Testing
    • I20070516 -- TM 2.0M7 (17th is a public holiday in Austria!)


  • Stability of this week's I-build for enablement testing is not too important --> Add importexport, useractions; DaveD to add persistence.
  • All committers are in favor of the persistence changes

Bugs and open work to be discussed

  • Current Priorities
    • Priority #1: Open Major Bugs - Copying issues, NPEs
    • Priority #2: EFS: Martin, done
      • Open Remote Project on Startup: Get rid of IResource dependencies where possible; minimal plugin activations; UI/Non-UI
      • Copy(), Move() operations;
    • Priority #3: Remaining API changes for Persistence, Refresh etc.
      • Mostly DaveD and Martin
      • 182454 - what is the meaning of ISystemViewElementAdapter.getAbsoluteName()
        • DaveM: Original intent was providing a unique ID similar to an URI - any object should be uniquely identifiable by a string.
        • Used by Drag&Drop for instance, to allow windows native dnd support with a "filename"; also copy&paste, memento
        • Should be enforced, null should not be allowed
        • Should be unique within a single subsystem (multiple subsystems can have different elements with same absolute name)
      • Javier: FTP parallel download, allowing to register directory listing parser by extension point
      • Useractions / Importexport: - AI Martin add to nightly builds; AI DaveD, Kushal persistence with User Actions; Dave working on API prerequisites now; AI DaveM Import/Export


  • General Guidelines
    • Avoid breaking API changes if possible (keep delegate methods, use deprecation)

Vacation, Away

  • Kushal out 1/2 day on Tuesday (during meeting time), another 1/2 day on Wed and full day on Thur
  • DaveD out on Friday 20th

Action Items

  • Last Meeting Action Items
  • DaveD: Remaining changes for Persistence (will be required for User Actions)
  • DaveM: Major bugs for dstore, copying
  • Kushal: BIDI bugs
  • Martin: Testing Stats; Add Import/Export and UDA to I-builds; Refresh improvements; Integrating Terminal with RSE
  • Javier: FTP parallel download, registering FTP Parser by extension point

Next Meeting