Jump to: navigation, search

DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 16-Jul-2008

Meeting Title: TM Committer Phone Meeting
Date & Time: Wednesday July 16, 2008 at 1600 UTC / 0900 SFO / 1100 Rochester / 1200 Toronto / 1800 Salzburg
Dial-in: Martin to call everybody by Skype

Backup dial-in: International +44 (0)1452 567588 / Freephone +1 (866) 6161738 / UK 08712460713 / Passcode: 0587322148 #

MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.
Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call. MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.
Skype dial-in: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kevin.j.doyle, xuan.chen886, rupen.mardirossian, javier.montalvoorus, eugenetarassov, michael_scharf, uwe.stieber, radoslav.gerganov, wrsfburton.

Invited Attendees

  • IBM - Xuan Chen, Dave McKnight, Dave Dykstal, Kevin Doyle
  • Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Michael Scharf, Uwe Stieber, Eugene Tarassov, Felix Burton
  • ProSyst - Radoslav Gerganov
  • MontaVista - Anna Dushistova

This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).

Attendees

  • Attendees: Martin, Uwe, DaveM, Kevin, Xuan
  • Regrets: Anna, DaveD, Rado, Michael, Eugene, Felix

Agenda

New Stuff

  • bug 240991 Startup creates Display on Worker Thread
    • DaveM: RSEUIPlugin.start() is not on the Main thread! Seems to be reproducable when Eclipse is "Restarted" rather than "Started". Issue is hit because Logger is instantiated from RSEUIPlugin.start(), registers Preference / ModelChangeEvent, which leads to DaveD's workaround for bug 227750 to fail
    • Martin: How is the backtrace (Restart) created? Even the intended fix (using a non-UI IRSEInteractionProvider) would not fix this
    • Uwe: Swing/SWT Integration? Is any plugin directly using Bundle.loadClass? That's dangerous since it changes the startlevel
    • Martin: Could instantiation of the Logger be deferred from RSEUIPlugin.start() to somewhere else (later)?
    • People are concerned about using Display.getDefault() -- using IWorkbench.getDisplay() is recommended instead (or, use PlatformUI.isWorkbenchRunning())
    • AI DaveM Comment on Bugzilla what is done in the debuggee to get the backtrace on StartLevelEventThread (Martin cannot reproduce)
    • AI DaveM Try to instantiate the Logger later, or at least try deferring addition of the ModelChangeListeners
    • AI Martin Write the real fix (interaction providers) mid August
  • bug 240998 Extension Point for User Actions
    • Kevin: EP used to add compile commands -- will eventually want to get rid of this extension point, will look at workarounds - AI Kevin mark bug as INVALID or WONTFIX
  • bug 238574 Website Revamp
    • AI Martin ask the Community (Remy, Nick)
  • Unittests
    • Martin added "soft disable" capability for Unittests -- when writing new tests, please add the if(isTestDisabled()) return;
    • Multi-Target: RSEFileStoreTest and FileServiceTest;
    • Xuan: Kevin trying some Abbot stuff, might contribute -- Abbot is under CPL
    • AI Martin New build driver -- deadline Jul/31
    • Xuan: Want to release themselves
      • AI Martin Add M-build Cronjob for Tue 0600 Ottawa time
      • Relengtool: Download
      • AI Xuan Release yourself - Process: Select plugins to release, right-click > Team > Release Be sure to not release inconsistent stuff, i.e. fixes that depend on other stuff that you're not releasing
    • bug 230917 [regression] Some DStore Archive Testcases fail -- AI Xuan look at
    • New Build System due Jul 31 (AI Martin)
  • Findbugs and other cleanup
    • Broken Links in Docs: Xenu's LinkSleuth
    • Xuan: DVT, bug 240940, bug 240972 high priority fixes - AI DaveM address
  • 3.1 Plan
    • Martin marked some bugzilla items with "plan" keyword
    • AI Everyone attach "plan" keyword to "interesting" i.e. larger or important bugs, until end July
    • DSDP presentation to the Board on Sep 17, IBM wants to review the draft, AI Martin check, AI Xuan check deadline

Vacation, away

  • Martin vacation Jul 21-22, on and off on Thurs and Fri Jul 17-18
  • DaveM vacation first week of August
  • DaveD in July
  • Anna in July

Action Items

  • Last Meeting Action Items
  • Everyone:
  • DaveD:
  • DaveM: Commit bug 199596, bug 234038; File new bug for tableview issue; work with Martin on bug 233461; bug 233480 - tell the team to use custom newConnectionWizards extension
  • Kevin: -
  • Rupen: -
  • Xuan: Look at bug 230917 Archive Handler Unittests
  • Martin: Run performance tests for bug 233461; Test 2.0->3.0 Update; Update Project Plan; File new bug for bug 165171; Critical EFS bugs; Finish new Releng and tell DaveD; Get started on New&Noteworthy; Create an initial 3.1 plan
  • Javier: Hi-PRI FTP BUGS
  • Michael: Terminal: Work on bug 185348 Terminal API
  • Uwe: -
  • Rado: -
  • Felix: -
  • Eugene: -

Next Meeting