Difference between revisions of "DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 16-Apr-2008"

From Eclipsepedia

< DSDP‎ | TM
Jump to: navigation, search
(Next Meeting)
 
(5 intermediate revisions by one user not shown)
Line 14: Line 14:
 
MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.<br/>
 
MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.<br/>
 
'''Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call.''' MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.<br/>  
 
'''Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call.''' MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.<br/>  
Skype dial-in: '''martin.oberhuber''', ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, kevin.j.doyle, xuan.chen886, rupen.mardirossian, javier.montalvoorus, eugenetarassov, tedatteddotnet, michael_scharf, uwe.stieber, radoslav.gerganov.<br/>
+
Skype dial-in: '''martin.oberhuber''', ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kevin.j.doyle, xuan.chen886, rupen.mardirossian, javier.montalvoorus, eugenetarassov, michael_scharf, uwe.stieber, radoslav.gerganov.<br/>
  
== Invited Attendees ==
+
== Attendees ==
 
* IBM - Xuan Chen, Dave McKnight, Dave Dykstal, Rupen Mardirossian, Kevin Doyle
 
* IBM - Xuan Chen, Dave McKnight, Dave Dykstal, Rupen Mardirossian, Kevin Doyle
* Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Michael Scharf, Uwe Stieber, Eugene Tarassov
+
* Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Uwe Stieber, (Eugene Tarassov n/a), (Michael Scharf n/a)
* Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orus
+
* Symbian - (Javier Montalvo Orus n/a)
  
 
This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).
 
This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).
  
== Agenda ==
+
== Notes ==
 
* Last meeting: [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 9-Apr-2008]]
 
* Last meeting: [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 9-Apr-2008]]
 
* '''Skype Call Quality'''
 
* '''Skype Call Quality'''
 +
** Xuan has break-offs, it's good for everyone else. '''AI Xuan''' upgrade Skype, check Task Monitor and network
  
 
=== '''M7 Work Items''' ===
 
=== '''M7 Work Items''' ===
Line 31: Line 32:
 
* Bugzilla [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&target_milestone=3.0+M6&target_milestone=3.0+M7&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&cmdtype=doit M7 assigned bugs] - want any other bugs promoted to M7, then do it now!
 
* Bugzilla [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&target_milestone=3.0+M6&target_milestone=3.0+M7&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&cmdtype=doit M7 assigned bugs] - want any other bugs promoted to M7, then do it now!
 
* '''Everyone:'''
 
* '''Everyone:'''
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&product=Target+Management&keywords_type=allwords&keywords=pii&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&cmdtype=doit PII Bugs] use "pii" keyword in bugzilla. PII Drop 4 is on  
+
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&product=Target+Management&keywords_type=allwords&keywords=pii&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&cmdtype=doit PII Bugs] use "pii" keyword in bugzilla. PII Drop 4 is on Monday Apr 21 -- best get all PII fixes in today such that they are part of tomorrow's I-Build
 
** Marking API as @noextend / @noimplement etc -- [[DSDP/TM/Code Ownership]]
 
** Marking API as @noextend / @noimplement etc -- [[DSDP/TM/Code Ownership]]
 
* '''Martin:'''
 
* '''Martin:'''
Line 59: Line 60:
 
== Action Items ==
 
== Action Items ==
 
* [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 9-Apr-2008#Action_Items|Last Meeting]] Action Items
 
* [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 9-Apr-2008#Action_Items|Last Meeting]] Action Items
* '''Everyone''':
+
* '''Everyone''': '''Fix PII Issues'''; Reassign bugs away from M7 where possible, or to M7 where necessary in order to properly reflect feature freeze; '''Add @noextend etc''' according to [[DSDP/TM/Code Ownership]] table
 
* '''Rupen''':  
 
* '''Rupen''':  
* '''DaveD''': Finish profile import/export; Update {{bug|221211}} IFileService multi-commands Javadoc
+
* '''DaveD''': Merge Rupens patches; Finish profile import/export; Update {{bug|221211}} IFileService multi-commands Javadoc
* '''DaveM''': contact IBM teams for {{bug|220379}} DStoreFileService API; think about {{bug|216252}} SystemMessages global vs. local message ID; create a new "Future" bug for dstore protocol handshake, cloned from {{bug|220892}}
+
* '''DaveM''': Create bugs for 2 reported issues; contact IBM teams for {{bug|220379}} DStoreFileService API; think about {{bug|216252}} SystemMessages global vs. local message ID; create a new "Future" bug for dstore protocol handshake, cloned from {{bug|220892}}
* '''Xuan''': Use Kevin's Properties for Unit Tests
+
* '''Xuan''': Upgrade Skype to fix quality issues; Use Kevin's Properties for Unit Tests
 
* '''Kevin''': Website Updates
 
* '''Kevin''': Website Updates
 
* '''Martin''': New Project Plan; Ganymede Rampdown Plan; Commons Net Placeholder CQ; UI/Non-UI Splitting; finish new releng; Look at PropertyDescriptor issues; unit tests
 
* '''Martin''': New Project Plan; Ganymede Rampdown Plan; Commons Net Placeholder CQ; UI/Non-UI Splitting; finish new releng; Look at PropertyDescriptor issues; unit tests
 
* '''Javier''': add unit tests; document the Symbian internal test setup similar to [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=204138#c20 CVS] -- see also [[CVS_Development#Testing]]
 
* '''Javier''': add unit tests; document the Symbian internal test setup similar to [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=204138#c20 CVS] -- see also [[CVS_Development#Testing]]
 
* '''Michael''': Terminal improvements
 
* '''Michael''': Terminal improvements
 +
* '''Uwe''': Add @noextend / @noimplement to New Connection Wizard where appropriate
  
 
== Next Meeting ==
 
== Next Meeting ==
* [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 30-Apr-2008]] (2 weeks) at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2008&month=4&day=30&hour=15&min=00&sec=0&p1=224&p2=159&p3=250&p4=136&p5=223&iv=1800 1500 UTC / 0800 SFO / 1000 Rochester / 1100 Toronto / 1600 London / 1700 Salzburg]
+
* [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 30-Apr-2008]] (2 weeks) at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2008&month=4&day=30&hour=15&min=0&sec=0&p1=224&p2=159&p3=250&p4=31&p5=223&iv=1800 1500 UTC / 0800 SFO / 1000 Rochester / 1100 Toronto / 1600 London / 1700 Barcelona+Salzburg]
 
* Next [[BugDay/April_2008]] on Apr 25
 
* Next [[BugDay/April_2008]] on Apr 25
 
* Monthly [[DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 7-May-2008]] at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=5&day=7&year=2008&hour=16&min=00&sec=0&p1=0 9am PST / 1600 UTC]
 
* Monthly [[DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 7-May-2008]] at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=5&day=7&year=2008&hour=16&min=00&sec=0&p1=0 9am PST / 1600 UTC]

Latest revision as of 04:57, 21 April 2008

Meeting Title: TM Committer Phone Meeting
Date & Time: Wednesday Apr 16, 2008 at 1445 UTC / 0745 SFO / 0945 Rochester / 1045 Toronto / 1545 London / 1645 Salzburg
Dial-in: Martin to call everybody by Skype

Backup dial-in: International +44 (0)1452 567588 / Freephone +1 (866) 6161738 / UK 08712460713 / Passcode: 0587322148 #

MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.
Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call. MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.
Skype dial-in: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kevin.j.doyle, xuan.chen886, rupen.mardirossian, javier.montalvoorus, eugenetarassov, michael_scharf, uwe.stieber, radoslav.gerganov.

Contents

[edit] Attendees

  • IBM - Xuan Chen, Dave McKnight, Dave Dykstal, Rupen Mardirossian, Kevin Doyle
  • Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Uwe Stieber, (Eugene Tarassov n/a), (Michael Scharf n/a)
  • Symbian - (Javier Montalvo Orus n/a)

This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).

[edit] Notes

[edit] M7 Work Items

M7 is only 3 weeks (May 7) and it is the feature freeze. So we need to get our stuff in!

  • Bugzilla M7 assigned bugs - want any other bugs promoted to M7, then do it now!
  • Everyone:
    • PII Bugs use "pii" keyword in bugzilla. PII Drop 4 is on Monday Apr 21 -- best get all PII fixes in today such that they are part of tomorrow's I-Build
    • Marking API as @noextend / @noimplement etc -- DSDP/TM/Code Ownership
  • Martin:
    • Releng with Web Interface on dsdp.eclipse.org -- required for DaveD to be Ganymede Contact in June
    • Finish UI/Non-UI Splitting
    • bug 170910 RSE Terminal Integration - Montavista Contribution
  • ?: Apply Patches (from Rupen and others) - Bugzilla Open with Patch attached
  • DaveD: Import/Export Profiles and Connections; AI DaveD merge Rupen's patches
  • Xuan: User Actions; busy with IBM
  • Javier: (n/a) FTP Hang - AI Martin contact privately
  • Kevin: pretty much gone for M7, back in May & June
  • Rupen: dialog patches / enhancements (just display files)
  • Michael: (n/a)
  • DaveM: DStore file buffer size Preference; FTP Parser for USS on z/OS AI DaveM file a bug / enhancement request; protected method regression
  • Uwe: AI Uwe review New Connection Wizard @noextend
  • Bugzilla Severity Major, hi-priority - see the Bug Process Page for more interesting queries
  • Xuan: UI Testing: Helper functions to do the testing - add to "internal" classes
  • Martin: Dont need to send every patch for review
  • Xuan: Tool for querying JUnit Test Owners? - No, queries are manual for now

[edit] Vacation, away

  • MartinO in Ottawa for E4/Summit May 22-23 .. want to meet in Toronto?
  • MartinO vacation June 11 - 22
  • DaveM vacation June 16 - 20
  • DaveD in July -- AI Martin finish and test the new Build scripts on dsdp.eclipse.org till then

[edit] Action Items

  • Last Meeting Action Items
  • Everyone: Fix PII Issues; Reassign bugs away from M7 where possible, or to M7 where necessary in order to properly reflect feature freeze; Add @noextend etc according to DSDP/TM/Code Ownership table
  • Rupen:
  • DaveD: Merge Rupens patches; Finish profile import/export; Update bug 221211 IFileService multi-commands Javadoc
  • DaveM: Create bugs for 2 reported issues; contact IBM teams for bug 220379 DStoreFileService API; think about bug 216252 SystemMessages global vs. local message ID; create a new "Future" bug for dstore protocol handshake, cloned from bug 220892
  • Xuan: Upgrade Skype to fix quality issues; Use Kevin's Properties for Unit Tests
  • Kevin: Website Updates
  • Martin: New Project Plan; Ganymede Rampdown Plan; Commons Net Placeholder CQ; UI/Non-UI Splitting; finish new releng; Look at PropertyDescriptor issues; unit tests
  • Javier: add unit tests; document the Symbian internal test setup similar to CVS -- see also CVS_Development#Testing
  • Michael: Terminal improvements
  • Uwe: Add @noextend / @noimplement to New Connection Wizard where appropriate

[edit] Next Meeting