DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 15-Oct-2008
|Meeting Title:||TM Committer Phone Meeting|
|Date & Time:|| Wednesday October 15, 2008 at 1500 UTC / 0800 SFO / 1000 Rochester / 1100 Toronto / 1700 Salzburg|
HTML | iCal
|Dial-in:||Martin to call everybody by Skype|
Backup dial-in: International +44 (0)1452 567588 / Freephone +1 (866) 6161738 / UK 08712460713 / Passcode: 0587322148 #
MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.
Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call. MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.
Skype dial-in: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kevin.j.doyle, xuan.chen886, eugenetarassov, michael_scharf, uwe.stieber, radoslav.gerganov, wrsfburton, anna_dushistova.
- IBM - Xuan Chen, Dave McKnight, Dave Dykstal, Kevin Doyle
- Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Michael Scharf, Uwe Stieber, Eugene Tarassov, Felix Burton
- ProSyst - Radoslav Gerganov
- MontaVista - Anna Dushistova
This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).
- Last meeting: DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 1-Oct-2008
- Prev meeting: DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 17-Sep-2008
- Skype Call Quality
- Anna: Now also contributing to TCF
- DaveM: EFS planning for 3.1, lower priority?
- New builder
- Website revamp - image from the Community is good, need some time to revamp the contents
- bug 227750 IRSEPersistenceProvider
- Severity Major, Hi-Priority
- Community contributions: 38 Open bugs with patches right now, should apply before patches get outdated (see also the Bug Process Page for a query)
- bug 240991 Startup creates Display on Worker Thread
- Workarounds seem to be good for now. Martin would prefer experimenting with IRSEPersistenceProvider in HEAD
- Xuan: Kevin trying some Abbot stuff, might contribute -- Abbot is under CPL
- bug 230917 [regression] Some DStore Archive Testcases fail -- AI Xuan look at
- Findbugs and other cleanup
- Broken Links in Docs: Xenu's LinkSleuth
- Quality, Backlog and Unit Tests
- Remember our 2-fix-per-week / 3 unittests-per-milestone plan
- Current situation is on this bugzilla report
- Unittests, unittests, unittests! -- ideally write an accompanying unittest for every bugfix
- Migration Notes (for 2.0 / for 1.0?)
- Review and improve Userdocs; we have several open bugs here
- Review and improve Javadocs; lots still missing, unclear, duplicated
- Fix broken hyperlinks in the docs, fix HTML/XML errors (which can make the indexer not work)
- Get rid of compiler warnings wherever possible
- Run Findbugs -- Update site on http://findbugs.cs.umd.edu/eclipse, Quickdocs by Rado in tm-dev E-Mail
- Question about filtering false positives posted on fb-discuss link
- Stuff for 3.1
- API Tooling Javadocs(@noextend and friends) - cannot limit existing API more than it was before, unless it was textually documented already, but can deprecate stuff, even in 3.0.1.
- Last Meeting Action Items
- DaveM: old comment on EFS in project plan; bug 199596 Read-Only attribute doesn't always update IRemoteFile;
- Xuan: old Look at bug 230917 Archive Handler Unittests
- Martin: old review Rado's deferred D&D; bug 238574 Website revamp; new Builder until 3.1M3; bug 227750 Display in non-UI write fix until 3.1M3; Run performance tests for bug 236065 IFileService improvements; Critical EFS bugs;
- Javier: old Hi-PRI FTP BUGS
- Michael: old Terminal: Work on bug 185348 Terminal API
- Uwe: -
- Rado: -
- Felix: -
- Eugene: -
- Monthly DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 5-Nov-2008 (3 weeks) at 9am PST / 1700 UTC DST Change!
- DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 19-Nov-2008 (5 weeks) at 1600 UTC / 0800 SFO / 1000 Rochester / 1100 Toronto / 1700 Salzburg DST CHANGE!