Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 14-Nov-2007"

< DSDP‎ | TM
(Current Work)
Line 28: Line 28:
 
=== Current Work ===
 
=== Current Work ===
 
* '''Skype Call Quality'''
 
* '''Skype Call Quality'''
 +
** Javier not able to join today (worked after computer restart), others quality seems good
 +
** Xuan had quality issues - heard DaveM badly though others heard him alrighty
 
* '''Planning''' - '''AI Martin''' to write up what we discussed in Toronto
 
* '''Planning''' - '''AI Martin''' to write up what we discussed in Toronto
 +
** M3 Testing - how much time invested? (Martin: 2 hrs; Xuan: brief try; Kevin: 2.5 hrs; DaveM: .5 hrs; Javier: 2 hrs - verify some defects, some sanity)
 +
*** For next milestone, decide effort and if testing or not / when we know what's being changed
 +
*** Work on getting more Unit tests
 +
*** Javier: how to add tests to existing test suites
 
** EclipseCon
 
** EclipseCon
** M3 Testing
+
*** IBM Travel bugdget: might get for conferences where there is a chance to talk to users
 +
*** Martin submitted a short tutorial and short talk again - for others, user-related talks are interesting
 
* Bug Fixing - '''Remember our 2-fix-per-week / 3 unittests-per-milestone plan'''
 
* Bug Fixing - '''Remember our 2-fix-per-week / 3 unittests-per-milestone plan'''
* '''DaveD:''' -  
+
* '''DaveD:''' - no news (got swamped by final IBM testing stuff)
* '''DaveM:''' - {{Bug|187739}} exists() method in the SystemViewElementAdapter
+
* '''DaveM:''' - Multi-APIs -- significant performance gain for dstore (up to 10 times faster!); Unittests also look at performance; integrated with copy&paste / dnd
 +
** Martin: slight inconsistency - uploadMulti() but getFileMultiple()
 +
** {{Bug|208951}}, {{Bug|207308}} Preferences for File Types: maintain own separate list (similar to what Team does)
 +
** {{Bug|187739}} exists() method in the SystemViewElementAdapter
 
* '''Kevin:''' -  
 
* '''Kevin:''' -  
 
* '''Xuan:''' - {{Bug|160775}} [api] [breaking] [nl] rename (at least within a zip) blocks UI thread
 
* '''Xuan:''' - {{Bug|160775}} [api] [breaking] [nl] rename (at least within a zip) blocks UI thread

Revision as of 11:34, 14 November 2007

Meeting Title: TM Committer Phone Meeting
Date & Time: Wednesday Nov 14, 2007 at 1500 UTC / 1100 Eastern
Dial-in: Martin to call everybody by Skype

Backup dial-in: International +44 (0)1452 567588 / Freephone +1 (866) 6161738 / UK 08712460713 / Passcode: 0587322148 #

MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.
Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call. MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.
Skype dial-in: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, kevin.j.doyle, xuan.chen886, rupen.mardirossian, javier.montalvoorus, tedatteddotnet, michael_scharf, and uwe.stieber.

Attendees

  • IBM - Xuan Chen, Dave McKnight, Kevin Doyle, Dave Dykstal, Rupen Mardirossian
  • Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Uwe Stieber, Michael Scharf
  • Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orus

This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).

Agenda

Current Work

  • Skype Call Quality
    • Javier not able to join today (worked after computer restart), others quality seems good
    • Xuan had quality issues - heard DaveM badly though others heard him alrighty
  • Planning - AI Martin to write up what we discussed in Toronto
    • M3 Testing - how much time invested? (Martin: 2 hrs; Xuan: brief try; Kevin: 2.5 hrs; DaveM: .5 hrs; Javier: 2 hrs - verify some defects, some sanity)
      • For next milestone, decide effort and if testing or not / when we know what's being changed
      • Work on getting more Unit tests
      • Javier: how to add tests to existing test suites
    • EclipseCon
      • IBM Travel bugdget: might get for conferences where there is a chance to talk to users
      • Martin submitted a short tutorial and short talk again - for others, user-related talks are interesting
  • Bug Fixing - Remember our 2-fix-per-week / 3 unittests-per-milestone plan
  • DaveD: - no news (got swamped by final IBM testing stuff)
  • DaveM: - Multi-APIs -- significant performance gain for dstore (up to 10 times faster!); Unittests also look at performance; integrated with copy&paste / dnd
    • Martin: slight inconsistency - uploadMulti() but getFileMultiple()
    • bug 208951, bug 207308 Preferences for File Types: maintain own separate list (similar to what Team does)
    • bug 187739 exists() method in the SystemViewElementAdapter
  • Kevin: -
  • Xuan: - bug 160775 [api] [breaking] [nl] rename (at least within a zip) blocks UI thread
  • Javier: - will look at bug 199773 FTP upload as binary
  • Martin: - Need to put Project Plan on the Web; Update Releng scripts to automatically run unit tests at night
  • Uwe: -
  • Rupen: -
  • Michael: -
  • Questions

Vacation, Away

Action Items

  • Last Meeting Action Items
  • DaveD: fixes, unit tests
  • DaveM: fixes, unit tests
  • Xuan: fixes, unit tests
  • Kevin: fixes, unit tests
  • Martin: Write-up TM 3.0 Plan; Look at PropertyDescriptor issues; unit tests; Releng Fixes, Newsgroup
  • Javier: fixes, unit tests
  • Michael: Terminal performance improvements

Next Meeting