DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 14-Nov-2006
|Meeting Title:||TM Committer Phone Meeting|
|Date & Time:||Tuesday Nov 14, 2006 at 8am SFO / 10.00am Rochester / 11.00pm Toronto / 4pm London / 5pm Salzburg|
|Dial-in:|| International +44 (0)1452 567588|
North America +1 (866) 6161738 (toll free)
UK National 08712460713
Passcode: 0587322148 #
MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.
Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call. MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.
Skype fallback dial-in - only if less than 5 participants: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, javier.montalvoorus, tedatteddotnet, michael_scharf, and uwe.stieber.
- IBM - Dave Dykstal, Dave McKnight, Kushal Munir
- Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orús
- Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Uwe Stieber, Michael Scharf, Ted Williams
- Tradescape - Lothar Werzinger
This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).
C'mon and celebrate!
- RSE 1.0 is released - just in time
- Fabulous press coverage on Eclipse Website: http://www.eclipse.org/org/press-release/20061112dsdp_milestone.php
- Doug Gaff talking to 13 press people: http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/dsdp-pmc/msg00387.html
- Blogs by Martin and Doug
- Looks like we are riding the wave of general excitement around Eclipse and Embedded
- Release looks good, one very late bugfix by Michael bug 164223: FTP binary transfer
- TM and RSE FAQ, Tutorial, Getting Started, Website etc. all done
- First-time users should be directed to the main Website
- Downloads today at 1200UTC (4 hours ago): SDK 72, rseserver-win 16, linux 15, update-site 13
- What did we accomplish in the past year?
- Created infrastructure - project, website, wiki, mailing list, newsgroup, bugzilla, processes for everything
- Got all the code through legal review, implemented nightly build system
- Grew the community - contributors and users, 220 downloads on 1.0RC2; EclipseCon talk, upcoming tutorial
- Refactored RSE (service/subsystem approach), implemented deferred queries
- Added ssh and ftp subsystems, discovery component
- In the past year: What did you like? What's the favorite thing you want to do next?
- Martin to also make personal interviews regarding our processes, improvements, suggestions, bugzilla, testing etc.
- Any Latest News?
- Michael --
- Ted --
- Other News --
Top Priorities this week
- #1 - Convert Downloaders to Contributors - by Being responsive - on Newsgroup, Mailinglist and bug reports. We'll probably get lots of new users as we have RSE 1.0. Let's nurture our user community and encourage them to become contributors in case they have requests. Make sure that E-Mail notifications are turned on for bugzilla (and probably also the Wiki FAQ etc.)
- #2 - Plan RSE 1.0.1 and 2.0
- #3 - Continue fixing bugs and improving documentation - Let's make sure that users who have problems with 1.0 can get a subsequent I-build as patch soon after. Let's make sure users get missing documentation wherever needed. Instead of answering a question by E-Mail, let's fix the corresponding documentation or FAQ and point the users to it.
- Build Schedule: Will do an I-build on thursday at 8am Ottawa every week. Should we call it M-build?
- Consume our own stuff as much as we can!
- Triage your assigned Bugs - Bug Process Page
- Status NEW --> ASSIGNED (if you are confident)
- Assign Target Milestones: 1.0.1 or 2.0 to indicate committed fixes; --- for yet unknown
- Better be conservative assigning target milestones -- it should be a firm commitment
- The GMF Project Plan#Plan_Item_Queries has some queries that explain how they use target milestone and bug status
- Bugzilla: When fixing a bug, please add a short note where it was fixed, e.g. "Fixed in DStoreRemoteFile". This helps tremendously to find and understand the fix, in case it should be needed again later
- Start IBM and EMO review process for Montavista SSH Processes, User Actions and Import/Export (DaveD)
- Start creating Unit Tests, Testing feature (DaveD, Uwe)
- RSE 2.0 Planning - Finalize the 2.0 Project Plan
- DSDP/TM/Code Ownership
- Upcoming Milestones:
- RSE 1.0.1 -- December 15, 2006 (4 weeks from now!)
- RSE 2.0M4 (with Europa M4) -- January 4, 2007 (3 weeks later)
- Build system needs to be switched from 3.2.1 based build to Europa build after Dec.15 -- Ted?
- For more Europa dates, see the Europa Simultaneous Release page
- API changes: we'll not introduce any api changes between 1.0 and 1.0.1; instead, DOCUMENT the APIs, along the way we'll see what needs to be improved. Prepare for API changes soon after 1.0.1
- Change Requests
- Meet 1hr later next week
- Vacations, Holidays etc.
- US Thanksgiving - End of November
- Free discussion -- feelings, comments, critics
- Last Meeting Action Items
- DaveD - Bug Triage. Edit Code Ownership. Submit 3 CQs to IPZilla; JUnit tests;
- DaveM - Enter Resume into www.eclipsecon.org; Bug Triage.
- Kushal - Bug Triage.
- Martin - Work on RSE 2.0 Planning; TM and RSE FAQ, improve Wiki and Website (how to contribute); Bug Triage.
- Javier - Bug Triage. Hook up with Scott Lewis once SD is committed and works
- Ted - Make the Build ready for Europa
- Michael - Terminalview